|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it in the beginning of To Build a Fire?
(a) 11:15 a.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 4:45 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
2. The “dark hair-line” of trail visible in Part I is said to be the main trail that leads north 70 miles to what location?
3. What word refers to “a newcomer to the land” in Part I?
4. The narrator claims that the “trouble with him” is that he is without what in Part I?
5. The day is described as having broken exceedingly how in the opening of To Build a Fire?
(a) Misty and wet
(b) Sunny and warm
(c) Cold and gray
(d) Cloudy and miserable
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist anticipates arriving to meet the boys at the campsite by what time in Part I?
2. St. Michael is described as being located by what body of water in Part I?
3. When did the Klondike Gold Rush begin?
4. According to the narrator in Part I, “It was a clear day, and yet there seemed an intangible” what “over the face of things”?
5. The Yukon lay hidden under how many feet of ice, according to the narrator in Part I?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)