|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is contained in the biscuits that the protagonist carries with him for lunch?
2. What word refers to “a newcomer to the land” in Part I?
3. When the protagonist reaches the top of the steep bank on the little-traveled trail in Part I, he stops to catch his breath and excuses the action by doing what?
(a) Eating his lunch
(b) Listening for a sound
(c) Petting the dog
(d) Looking at his watch
4. “The boys” had come over across the divide from what country, according to the narrator in Part I?
(a) Indian Creek country
(b) Henderson Creek country
(c) Johnson Creek country
(d) Alberts Creek country
5. How wide is the Yukon, according to the narrator in Part I?
(a) 1000 yards
(b) 350 yards
(c) 500 feet
(d) 1 mile
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist is described in Part I as being “quick and alert in the things of life, but only in the things, and not in” what?
2. The narrator claims in Part I that fifty degrees below zero means what degrees of frost?
3. The “dark hair-line” of trail visible in Part I is said to be the main trail that leads south how many miles to the Chilcoot Pass?
4. The protagonist is bound for an old claim on the left fork of what in To Build a Fire?
5. What is the point of view for the narrative of To Build a Fire?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)