|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The protagonist is bound for an old claim on the left fork of what in To Build a Fire?
(a) Indian Creek
(b) Johnson Creek
(c) Henderson Creek
(d) Alberts Creek
2. When did the Klondike Gold Rush begin?
3. The narrator states in Part I, “North and south, as far as his eye could see, it was unbroken” what?
4. When was Jack London born?
5. The Yukon lay hidden under how many feet of ice, according to the narrator in Part I?
Short Answer Questions
1. The “dark hair-line” of trail visible in Part I is said to be the main trail that leads north 70 miles to what location?
2. “The boys” had come over across the divide from what country, according to the narrator in Part I?
3. What is the point of view for the narrative of To Build a Fire?
4. What word refers to “a newcomer to the land” in Part I?
5. The narrator states in Part I that the protagonist is used to the lack of what?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)