|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After departing from his lunch break, the protagonist sees no signs of springs for how long?
(a) 30 minutes
(b) 10 minutes
(c) 1 hours
(d) 3 hours
2. What color are the protagonist’s beard and moustache?
3. Which word from Part III means anticipation of adversity or misfortune?
4. Which of the following is a central theme in To Build a Fire?
(a) Religious persecution
(b) Forbidden love
(c) Man versus nature
(d) Corrupt politics
5. What type of dog travels with the protagonist?
(a) Burmese Mountain Dog
(c) German Shepherd
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist thinks to himself, “those old-timers were rather” what, in Part IV?
2. What does the protagonist plan to remove by the fire to dry in Part IV?
3. “The boys” had come over across the divide from what country, according to the narrator in Part I?
4. The narrator states in Part III that “there was no keen” what “between the dog and the man”?
5. When did a man from Sulphur Creek tell the protagonist about the dangers of being wet in the cold?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)