|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word from Part III refers to something that threatens to cause evil, harm or injury?
2. The protagonist shoves the dog in order to make it do what in Part II?
(a) Walk behind him
(c) Walk ahead of him
(d) Lay down
3. Who had told the protagonist about the dangers of being wet in such cold temperatures?
(a) The priest
(b) The ship captain
(c) The old-timer
(d) The gold miner
4. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
(a) Rising action
5. The protagonist thinks to himself in Part IV, “All a man had to do was” what “and he was all right”?
(a) Work with nature
(b) Remember his training
(c) Pay attention
(d) Keep his head
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist steps through the ice and wets himself how high in Part IV?
2. The narrator says of the protagonist in Part II, “He was not much given to thinking, and just then particularly he had nothing to think about save that he would eat lunch” where?
3. The protagonist turns aside from what main trail to climb the high earth-bank to a “dim and little-traveled trail” in Part I?
4. What refers to the decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a literary plot?
5. What is the principle form of conflict faced by the protagonist in To Build a Fire?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)