|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states in Part I that the protagonist is used to the lack of what?
2. At what time exactly does the protagonist arrive at the forks of the creek in Part II?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 12:30 p.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 11:00 a.m.
3. What does the narrator say the dog has learned and wants in Part II?
4. What is the point of view for the narrative of To Build a Fire?
5. The day is described as having broken exceedingly how in the opening of To Build a Fire?
(a) Cloudy and miserable
(b) Sunny and warm
(c) Cold and gray
(d) Misty and wet
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist experiences a pang of regret that he had not devised what object that Bud wears in cold snaps in Part II?
2. When was Jack London born?
3. “The boys” had come over across the divide from what country, according to the narrator in Part I?
4. The protagonist is bound for an old claim on the left fork of what in To Build a Fire?
5. In literature, what refers to the author's providing of some background information to the audience about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)