|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the protagonist’s beard and moustache?
2. What word refers to “a newcomer to the land” in Part I?
3. When was Jack London born?
4. “The boys” had come over across the divide from what country, according to the narrator in Part I?
(a) Indian Creek country
(b) Johnson Creek country
(c) Alberts Creek country
(d) Henderson Creek country
5. What does the protagonist do to help the dog after it falls through the ice in Part II?
(a) Helps to remove the ice from its paws
(b) Warms the dog against his bare skin
(c) Builds a fire
(d) Puts his mittens on the dog
Short Answer Questions
1. How wide is the Yukon, according to the narrator in Part I?
2. On top of the ice of the Yukon is how many feet of snow, according to the narrator in Part I?
3. The narrator states in Part II that given that the freezing-point is 32 degrees above zero, the degrees of frost obtained as the protagonist travels is what?
4. What type of dog travels with the protagonist?
5. The protagonist is described in Part I as being “quick and alert in the things of life, but only in the things, and not in” what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)