|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of view for the narrative of To Build a Fire?
2. “The boys” had come over across the divide from what country, according to the narrator in Part I?
(a) Johnson Creek country
(b) Indian Creek country
(c) Alberts Creek country
(d) Henderson Creek country
3. What color is the dog that travels with the protagonist?
4. The narrator claims that the “trouble with him” is that he is without what in Part I?
5. The narrator claims in Part I that fifty degrees below zero means what degrees of frost?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temperature, according to the narrator in Part II?
2. What does the protagonist do to help the dog after it falls through the ice in Part II?
3. The protagonist is bound for an old claim on the left fork of what in To Build a Fire?
4. According to the narrator in Part II, no man had come up or down the silent creek that the protagonist travels on in how long?
5. What word refers to “a newcomer to the land” in Part I?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)