|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. “The boys” had come over across the divide from what country, according to the narrator in Part I?
(a) Henderson Creek country
(b) Johnson Creek country
(c) Alberts Creek country
(d) Indian Creek country
2. The narrator claims that the “trouble with him” is that he is without what in Part I?
3. The day is described as having broken exceedingly how in the opening of To Build a Fire?
(a) Cloudy and miserable
(b) Sunny and warm
(c) Cold and gray
(d) Misty and wet
4. When the protagonist reaches the top of the steep bank on the little-traveled trail in Part I, he stops to catch his breath and excuses the action by doing what?
(a) Petting the dog
(b) Listening for a sound
(c) Looking at his watch
(d) Eating his lunch
5. Where did Jack London’s family settle in 1886?
(a) Oakland, California
(b) San Francisco, California
(c) Arcata, California
(d) Los Angeles, California
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to “a newcomer to the land” in Part I?
2. What does the protagonist realize he’s forgotten to do when he stops to eat his lunch in Part III?
3. At what time exactly does the protagonist arrive at the forks of the creek in Part II?
4. What does the dog do when it has ice formed between its toes from falling into the water in Part II?
5. The protagonist experiences a pang of regret that he had not devised what object that Bud wears in cold snaps in Part II?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)