|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Naturalism was a literary movement that emerged in what decade?
2. The protagonist experiences a pang of regret that he had not devised what object that Bud wears in cold snaps in Part II?
(a) A hat with flaps
(b) A nose-strap
(c) Caribou pants
(d) A musk ox mask
3. The protagonist moves on to feed the fire with branches the size of what in Part IV?
(a) His wrist
(b) His finger
(c) His neck
(d) His foot
4. The only supply the protagonist is carrying with him on his journey is what?
(a) A rifle
(b) A handgun
(c) His lunch
(d) A sled
5. The protagonist had been out in how many cold snaps before, according to the narrator in Part II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an obstacle located outside the protagonist, including nature, the supernatural, or society?
2. What location is 1,000 miles north along the “dark hair-line” of the main trail visible in Part I?
3. When the protagonist reaches the top of the steep bank on the little-traveled trail in Part I, he stops to catch his breath and excuses the action by doing what?
4. Which word from Part IV means situated at some distance away?
5. The trek that the protagonist takes is expected to last how long?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)