|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say depresses the dog that travels with the protagonist in Part II?
(a) The ice
(b) The dark
(c) The cold
(d) The man
2. What thought puts the protagonist in a panic as he tries to light his second fire in Part V?
(a) He is losing his vision
(b) The dog will eat him
(c) His feet are freezing
(d) He is hearing voices
3. Which word from Part III refers to pedigree, genealogy or stock?
4. The dog’s instincts tell him that walking in this cold is not good and that it is the time to do what, in Part III?
(a) Hide behind a windbreak
(b) Lay in the sun
(c) Burrow in the snow
(d) Curl up behind a tree
5. What is a literary figure of speech that describes a subject by asserting that it is the same as another otherwise unrelated object?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the dog has learned and wants in Part II?
2. Which word from Part V means adequate for the purpose?
3. What color are the protagonist’s beard and moustache?
4. What refers to an incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result?
5. Which word, used to describe the snow in Part V, means something that covers, envelops, or conceals?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)