|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When slaves became freed, what was one constitutional power they were given?
(a) Keeping a family together.
2. How long did Armacie Adams continue working as a slave before finding out he was free?
(a) More than a year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
3. Who said, "Ain't got to slave no more. We're free! We're free!"?
(a) Betty Jones.
(b) Anna Woods.
(c) Susie Melton.
(d) Fannie Berry.
4. Who was the slave who did not agree with slavery but felt that doing the job right was the proper way of doing things?
(a) Charles Ball.
(b) William Hayden.
(c) Josiah Henson.
(d) West Turner.
5. What was the slave called Paul known for?
(a) He was hit by the little Missy when trying to wake her up and almost choked her in retaliation.
(b) He hid out in the woods for several years before escaping to Mexico.
(c) He organized an insurrection only to betray it, resulting in him becoming extremely hated by all his race.
(d) He was hiding in the swamp and ended up hanging himself with a bell around his neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one thing slave owners feared?
2. How many whites were killed in the slave insurrection mentioned in Chapter 5?
3. Why did some slave owners move to Texas?
4. Cornelia Carny told the story of whom?
5. What was the name of the white terrorist group formed at the end of the Civil War?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)