|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did the Union army leave the South?
2. To whom did the "Uncle Toms" refer to?
(a) The field workers.
(b) The slave traders.
(c) The slave owners.
(d) The house servants.
3. What are the two ways that a man can be enslaved?
(a) Brainwashing and money.
(b) Force and money.
(c) Brainwashing and trickery.
(d) Force and brainwashing.
4. What was one thing a "share" consisted of?
(a) A family.
(b) A house.
(c) A slave.
(d) A personal servant.
5. The padlock that the slave Paul wore is a symbolization of what?
(a) The animalistic treatment of the blacks by the slave owners.
(b) The animalistic treatment of the blacks by the slave owners.
(c) The greed of the slave traders.
(d) The extreme power the white man had over slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the slave who led an insurrection mentioned in Chapter 5?
2. What were house servants led to believe?
3. What was the purpose of the three bells worn by Paul above his head?
4. What did slaves turn to as a form of increasing their inner strength?
5. What did hundred of slaves do when they heard of the Civil War?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)