|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the slave who freed him/herself who said he/she had worked enough and "you can't make me work no more?"
(a) Charles Ball.
(b) Jennie Patterson.
(c) Beverly Jones.
(d) Solomon Northup.
2. How much was a "share" worth?
(a) Practically nothing.
(b) A very large amount.
(c) A very small amount.
(d) A liveable amount.
3. In which figure did slaves find a form of camaraderie?
(a) Jesus Christ
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(d) Thomas Jefferson
4. What was the slave called Paul known for?
(a) He was hit by the little Missy when trying to wake her up and almost choked her in retaliation.
(b) He hid out in the woods for several years before escaping to Mexico.
(c) He was hiding in the swamp and ended up hanging himself with a bell around his neck.
(d) He organized an insurrection only to betray it, resulting in him becoming extremely hated by all his race.
5. During the late 18th and 19th centuries, what was a second way slaves escaped from slavery?
(a) They ran away and lived the rest of their lives in the forest.
(b) They drugged their masters.
(c) They ran away and established their own settlements.
(d) They started rebellions and destroyed the plantations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did some slave owners move to Texas?
2. Slavery was abolished but what was the new term for the new treatment of blacks?
3. Where did the South surrender to the North?
4. How was a slave identified?
5. Why were Native African slaves more fortunate than slaves born into slavery?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)