|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Resistance to Slavery - 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a method whites used to "brainwash" blacks?
(a) Stating that whites are superior and giving blacks a cursed name.
(c) Taking away a personal identity.
(d) Having personal discussions with each slave.
2. In which figure did slaves find a form of camaraderie?
(a) Thomas Jefferson
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) Jesus Christ
3. What are the two ways that a man can be enslaved?
(a) Brainwashing and money.
(b) Force and money.
(c) Brainwashing and trickery.
(d) Force and brainwashing.
4. When did the slaves generally sneak off?
(a) Monday nights.
(b) Friday nights.
(c) Sunday nights.
(d) Saturday nights.
5. The slave homes of this former President was a notable exception to the norm in terms of the condition of the homes:
(a) John Adams.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mammy referred to her slave days as what?
2. Who were the house servants?
3. What stinging word did the slaves take and make their own to lessen its effects?
4. What percentage of the South owned no slaves?
5. What did slaves turn to as a form of increasing their inner strength?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)