|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Resistance to Slavery - 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said the following: "They whipped my father 'cause he looked at a slave they killed and cried."
(a) Roberta Manson.
(b) Frank Cooper.
(c) Ella Wilson.
(d) Mingo White.
2. To whom did the "Uncle Toms" refer to?
(a) The house servants.
(b) The field workers.
(c) The slave owners.
(d) The slave traders.
3. Which country introduced Africans to Europe in the early sixteenth century?
4. What was Henry Johnson's account about slavery?
(a) He was a driver who was lenient with the whip.
(b) He was thrown in a buck and whipped.
(c) He and other slaves were forced by their master to steal cattle from other slave owners.
(d) His grandmother whipped him to show him what being a slave felt like.
5. What was it about the African civilizations that made it easier for colonists to use the Africans more easily?
(a) The African civilizations were different which made the American way more inticing.
(b) African civilizations were highly developed with economic and political institutions, not unlike the American's own growing economy.
(c) The African civilization was uncouth and therefore it was easier to teach them how to be a slave.
(d) African civilizations encouraged traveling overseas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some slaves preferred what over being captured after running away?
2. How many whites were killed in the slave insurrection mentioned in Chapter 5?
3. What was the only thing the slaves were given to eat on board the slave ship?
4. When was the only time slaves got a few days to a week off?
5. In which figure did slaves find a form of camaraderie?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)