|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, To Be a Slave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one principal item for which slaves were traded for?
2. What was the title for a poor white who was hired to watch over the slaves as they worked and ensure they weren't lazy or try to run away?
(a) The slave owner.
(b) The slave trader.
(c) The overseer.
(d) The driver.
3. Who said the following: "They whipped my father 'cause he looked at a slave they killed and cried."
(a) Frank Cooper.
(b) Roberta Manson.
(c) Mingo White.
(d) Ella Wilson.
4. Who told the account of a man named Gabe?
(a) Ida Hutchinson.
(b) West Turner.
(c) Henry Johnson.
(d) Alice Johnson.
5. What was one cause of death of the Africans aboard the slave ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following were not one of the people who would administer a whipping to a slave?
2. Which country introduced Africans to Europe in the early sixteenth century?
3. What was the main lesson that Byrl Anderson learned from his Master?
4. What was the only thing the slaves were given to eat on board the slave ship?
5. How did Frank Cooper realize his Mammy used to be a slave?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)