|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Emancipation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stinging word did the slaves take and make their own to lessen its effects?
2. Between the time that a slave was bought and sold by a trader, what happened to him?
(a) His well-being was looked after.
(b) He was allowed to spend extra time with his family.
(c) He was punished so he would not run away.
(d) He was given a few days vacation.
3. Who attempted to gain favor of his master by accomplishing satisfactory deeds in hopes of becoming a house servant?
(a) Charles Ball.
(b) William Hayden.
(c) West Turner.
(d) Josiah Henson.
4. What are the two ways that a man can be enslaved?
(a) Brainwashing and trickery.
(b) Brainwashing and money.
(c) Force and money.
(d) Force and brainwashing.
5. Which was the highest slave-breeding state?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the general of the Union Army?
2. What did the slaves use religion for?
3. How was a slave identified?
4. What was Franklin and Armfield?
5. Most of the time when a slave was going to be __________, he/she _____________ know about it in advance.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)