|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Emancipation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Franklin and Armfield?
(a) The largest slave-freeing group.
(b) The largest slave-trading firm.
(c) The largest slave-buying firm.
(d) The largest slave-breeding plantation.
2. Slave traders chained slaves together in a line in what was called a _________________.
(a) Slave chain.
(b) Slave line-up.
(c) Slave coffle.
(d) Slave auction.
3. What stinging word did the slaves take and make their own to lessen its effects?
4. Who said, "Ain't got to slave no more. We're free! We're free!"?
(a) Anna Woods.
(b) Fannie Berry.
(c) Susie Melton.
(d) Betty Jones.
5. Who was the President of the Confederacy?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Samuel Cooper.
(c) Robert E. Lee.
(d) Jefferson Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was a slave identified?
2. What did the slaves use religion for?
3. The slave trading was much like today's ____________________.
4. What did the overseers term the slaves' acts of ignorance?
5. Who said, "Judge Miller! Don't you bid for me, 'cause if you do, I would not live on your plantation. I will take a knife and cut my own throat from ear to ear before I would be owned by you."?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)