|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cettie dies on _____________.
2. There are eight hundred _____________________ by 1910 as a result of the efforts of the GEB.
3. During testimony about the incident, Junior claims he had ________ knowledge of the situation in Colorado.
4. His father purchases the Colorado Fuel and Iron company in what year?
5. In 1922, who dies of pneumonia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems exist in Senior's life by 1903?
2. Describe the Millionaire's Special.
3. What takes place when Junior decides he wants to separate from all businesses but one, his mining business in Colorado?
4. Describe the federal antitrust suit filed in Missouri.
5. Describe John D. Gates.
6. Describe Junior in Chapter Nineteen.
7. What happens when the Ohio Attorney General reading a book about trusts which includes a copy of Standard Oil's trust deed indicating that control of the Ohio company has been transferred out of state, in violation of its Ohio charter.
8. What happens when the trust begins to lose its legal battles?
9. What happens after the assassination of McKinley?
10. How does John change after Cettie's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Rockefellers lived in Ohio for many years.
Part 1) Describe these years in Ohio. What experiences did he gain while living in Ohio?
Part 2) Why did he move to New York? How might this move have changed his life and his family members' lives? Why?
Part 3) How important is where one is from to one's beliefs and behavior? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
By the mid-1890s, public sentiment is to curtail the trusts.
Part 1) What are trusts? Why were they formed? How do they affect the economy?
Part 2) Why does the public want trusts curtailed? Is this a good idea? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this public sentiment affect John D. and his family? Is this the result that those against trusts wanted? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Rockefeller becomes the wealthiest man in the world.
Part 1) How does he build his wealth? What strategic moves does he make that you believe were the most beneficial?
Part 2) What role do antitrust laws play in this? How else does John D. and his family benefit from laws and changes in the economy?
Part 3) Could you potentially be the wealthiest person in the world? Why or why not? Would you want to be the wealthiest person? Why or why not?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)