|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the mid-1890s, public sentiment is to do what, regarding trusts?
(a) Curtail the trusts.
(b) Combine the trusts.
(c) Create smaller trusts.
(d) Create more trusts.
2. Trust funds of ____ million each were established for Edith and Alta.
3. What occurs on January 31, 1910?
(a) A strike.
(b) A mine collapse.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A fight.
4. In April 1901 a train full of millionaires, dubbed ____________, including Junior, tours the South, touring black colleges, most of which have been financed with money from the North.
(a) The Millionaire's Special.
(b) The Millionaire's Journey.
(c) The Millionaire's Train.
(d) The Millionaire's Trip.
5. The Elkins Act is passed in 1903 with penalties for what?
(a) Refinery rebates.
(b) Transporting oil.
(c) Pipeline rebates.
(d) Railroad rebates.
Short Answer Questions
1. John D. is very impressed with William Rainey Harper, whom he meets while visiting Bessie. At what college is Bessie?
2. Another Rockefeller program in the South is to eradicate what?
3. John D. Gates began his career as what?
4. In 1903, Junior begins asking his father to publish an authorized biography for what reason?
5. Crowds blame who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Senior begin doing with his money in Chapter Thirty-two?
2. What leads and encompasses the Ludlow Massacre?
3. What happens when the Ohio Attorney General reading a book about trusts which includes a copy of Standard Oil's trust deed indicating that control of the Ohio company has been transferred out of state, in violation of its Ohio charter.
4. What is public sentiment regarding trusts by the mid-1890s? What happens in 1897?
5. How does John change after Cettie's death?
6. What problems exist in Senior's life by 1903?
7. What results from this trip to the south?
8. How does Rockefeller support the field of medicine?
9. Describe the federal antitrust suit filed in Missouri.
10. What complications exist regarding Cettie's death?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)