|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abby enjoys spending time with whom?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her church family.
(d) Her friends.
2. There are railroad and bank failures and massive unemployment. What happens to Standard Oil and the other trusts?
(a) They remain healthy.
(b) They support each other.
(c) They disband.
(d) They grow weak.
3. Senior begins transferring his wealth to Junior in 1917 due to what reason?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He does not want the responsibility of the family wealth.
(c) He wants his children to have most of his money.
(d) A change in the inheritance tax.
4. After a sheltered childhood, what does Junior crave?
(c) Involvement in helping social problems.
5. The Rockefellers acquire what bank which handles most of the trust companies?
(a) Chase Bank.
(b) Capital One Bank.
(c) The Equitable Trust Bank.
(d) National City Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. John D., Cettie and other family members travel to Europe in June 1906 and his lawyers tell him to extend his stay for what reason?
2. In 1922, who dies of pneumonia?
3. When J. P. Morgan decides to form a steel trust in 1900, he has to deal with Rockefeller. Why does Junior handle the negotiations with Morgan?
4. Standard Oil is the kind of trust that Roosevelt wants to do what to?
5. As Senior becomes more reclusive, the limelight shifts to Junior and focuses on the wealth he will inherit. Does Junior like the limelight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe life in the Rockefeller family in Chapter Thirty-two.
2. Describe the dealings between J.P. Morgan and John D. Rockefeller.
3. What takes place when Junior decides he wants to separate from all businesses but one, his mining business in Colorado?
4. What does Senior begin doing with his money in Chapter Thirty-two?
5. Describe the investigation of Standard Oil by the Bureau of Corporations.
6. What happens when the trust begins to lose its legal battles?
7. Describe Junior in Chapter Nineteen.
8. What results from this trip to the south?
9. How does John change after Cettie's death?
10. What happens after the assassination of McKinley?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)