|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Rockefellers fund what seminary in Atlanta?
(a) The Spelman Seminary.
(b) St. John Vianney Minor Seminary.
(c) Our Lady of the Angels Seminary.
(d) Sacred Heart Apostolic School.
2. The Elkins Act is passed in 1903 with penalties for what?
(a) Pipeline rebates.
(b) Refinery rebates.
(c) Transporting oil.
(d) Railroad rebates.
3. Standard Oil is the kind of trust that Roosevelt wants to do what to?
4. The media response to the Rockefeller philanthropy is what?
(a) He is trying to buy a good reputation.
(b) He is expressing his religious views.
(c) He is showing how much he cares.
(d) He is trying to support those in need.
5. What does Junior begin to collect?
(b) Small businesses.
(d) Works of art.
Short Answer Questions
1. When J. P. Morgan decides to form a steel trust in 1900, he has to deal with Rockefeller. Why does Junior handle the negotiations with Morgan?
2. The Morgan Theological Seminary is transferred to the new university and Harper is its president. It opens on October 1, ________.
3. His father purchases the Colorado Fuel and Iron company in what year?
4. The government wins its antitrust case against Standard oil of New Jersey which is ordered to divest itself of its subsidiaries. The Supreme Court upholds the verdict on May 15, 1911, giving the trust six months to divest. What does the divestiture do to Rockefeller?
5. Junior goes to great lengths to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John D. for William Rainey Harper? Why?
2. Describe the federal antitrust suit filed in Missouri.
3. What results from this trip to the south?
4. What happens after the assassination of McKinley?
5. What complications exist regarding Cettie's death?
6. Describe John D. Gates.
7. Describe the Millionaire's Special.
8. Describe the Rockefeller family's involvement in banking.
9. Describe the dealings between J.P. Morgan and John D. Rockefeller.
10. What takes place in Junior's life in Chapter Thirty-three?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)