|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They live where for the first six months of their marriage?
(a) In Toledo.
(b) With Eliza.
(c) With William.
(d) With Bill.
2. Rockefeller now sets a goal of absorbing what refiners into Standard Oil and he easily succeeds in absorbing the two largest refiners?
(a) The Philadelphia and New York.
(b) The Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
(c) The Columbus and Cleveland.
(d) The Cleveland and Pittsburgh.
3. The townspeople in Richford begin to refer to Big Bill as what?
(a) Crazy Bill.
(b) Wild Bill.
(c) Evil Bill.
(d) Devil Bill.
4. Big Bill runs a _______________ business and a hired worker who runs his farm.
5. Do the refiners like the plan?
(b) No, they suggest another plan.
(c) No, they ignore it.
(d) No, they fight it.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this time, his friends come from the community at the _______________ church where he is very active in church activities.
2. Big Bill married for what reason?
3. Public sentiment against what begins to grow?
4. In 1870, the partnership of Rockefeller, Andrews and Flagler is dissolved and what is formed?
5. The country is expanding to the west and new oil companies are forming, and the Standard trust divides the continent into ________ marketing districts.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the formation and beginning of Standard Oil. What problems arise?
2. What are the results of Standard Oil becoming more involved in the railroad business?
3. What does Big Bill do in Moravia?
4. Describe the Rockefeller homes.
5. Describe John D.'s life while living on Euclid Avenue.
6. What takes place during the depression of 1873?
7. Describe John D.'s relationship with Laura Celestia Spelman.
8. Describe William Avery Rockefeller prior to his marriage to Eliza.
9. How does John D. end up with control with the largest oil refinery in Cleveland?
10. What discoveries are made regarding oil at this time? how does this affect John D.?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)