|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the end of the SIC, Rockefeller comes up with a new plan, called what?
(a) The Philadelphia Plan.
(b) The Toledo Plan.
(c) The Cleveland Plan.
(d) The Pittsburgh Plan.
2. Due to their distance from the region mentioned in #49, what did Cleveland refineries face?
(a) Higher transportation costs.
(b) Unsteady transportation costs.
(c) No transportation costs.
(d) Lower transportation costs.
3. The Rockefellers live in Moravia on ninety acres on one of the Finger Lakes, _________________.
(a) Seneca Lake.
(b) Owasco Lake.
(c) Oneida Lake.
(d) Cayuga Lake.
4. John D. quits school and takes a three month course where at the age of sixteen?
(a) At the University of Akron.
(b) At a commercial college.
(c) At Kent State University.
(d) At Bowling Green State University.
5. John D. is very concerned with displaying what?
(b) His failings.
(c) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. They have a son, ________________ Rockefeller who is born in Granger, New York in 1810.
2. In ________ Johann Peter Rockefeller immigrates to America and settles in New Jersey.
3. The new oil at Bradford intensifies the battle between who?
4. Big Bill Rockefeller leads the life of a ___________ in his younger years.
5. In 1870, the partnership of Rockefeller, Andrews and Flagler is dissolved and what is formed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discoveries are made regarding oil at this time? how does this affect John D.?
2. What does John D. learn while working at Hewitt and Tuttle?
3. Describe John D.'s life while living on Euclid Avenue.
4. How is John D. affected by the invention of the light bulb and natural gas?
5. Describe the oil industry in the middle of 1880.
6. What are the results of new oil discoveries in Pennsylvania?
7. Describe the formation and beginning of Standard Oil. What problems arise?
8. What does John D. do to keep his father's bigamist lifestyle a secret?
9. Describe William Avery Rockefeller prior to his marriage to Eliza.
10. What are the results of Standard Oil becoming more involved in the railroad business?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)