|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new oil at Bradford intensifies the battle between who?
(a) Standard Oil and Sun Oil.
(b) Standard Oil and the railroad.
(c) Standard Oil and the iron industry.
(d) Standard Oil and the oil producers.
2. Within _____ years he has absorbed almost all of them.
3. In the spring of what year does a grand jury in Pennsylvania delivers indictments against Rockefeller, Flagler and other Standard executives?
4. Their Forest Hills home is once what?
(a) A church.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) A school.
5. John D. paces himself for what reason?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) To improve his productivity.
(c) To improve his health.
(d) To not get overly tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Big Bill married for what reason?
2. The townspeople in Richford begin to refer to Big Bill as what?
3. There are _________________ during the post civil War period.
4. They have a son, ________________ Rockefeller who is born in Granger, New York in 1810.
5. Do the refiners like the plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rockefeller do to insure high volume and low costs?
2. Describe William Avery Rockefeller prior to his marriage to Eliza.
3. How is John D. affected by the invention of the light bulb and natural gas?
4. Describe John D.'s relationship with Laura Celestia Spelman.
5. What is the Pittsburgh Plan? Why is it dissolved?
6. Describe the history of the Rockefeller family prior to John D.'s birth.
7. Describe Big Bill's marriage to Eliza and their living arrangements for the first part of their marriage.
8. What are the results of new oil discoveries in Pennsylvania?
9. What takes place during the depression of 1873?
10. Describe what Rockefeller does to control those in transport.
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)