|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Big Bill does not accompany his family to Richford when they move and does not appear in the area until 1835, posing as what?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An actor.
(d) A blind and deaf peddler.
2. Associations are being formed for what purpose?
(a) To stop production.
(b) To increase production.
(c) To slow production.
(d) To limit production.
3. John D. begins keeping track of his other expenditures and receipts in a book he calls what?
(a) Ledger A.
(b) My Work.
(c) My Journal.
(d) My Life.
4. In the 1850s, whole oil is used to fuel what?
5. Public sentiment against what begins to grow?
(b) Oil companies.
(d) Small companies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Economic development is ___________ as a result of the war.
2. Oil is the________ largest export of the United States with the major competition being Russia, and it is cheaper to produce oil in Russia than it is in America.
3. When John D. helps Big Bill buy a North Dakota ranch, he does it in such a way that who can never have any claims to it?
4. Who owns the Russian operation?
5. Bill continues his wanderings and becomes a ___________ when he marries Margaret Allen in 1855.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John D.'s life while living on Euclid Avenue.
2. Describe the oil industry in the middle of 1880.
3. What does Big Bill do in Moravia?
4. Describe the economy during the post Civil War period.
5. Describe the Rockefeller homes.
6. Describe John D.'s relationship with Laura Celestia Spelman.
7. Describe the relationship between John D. Rockefeller and John D. Archbold.
8. What activities reflect John D.'s personality and interests?
9. What does Rockefeller do to insure high volume and low costs?
10. Describe William Avery Rockefeller prior to his marriage to Eliza.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)