|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John D. helps Big Bill buy a North Dakota ranch, he does it in such a way that who can never have any claims to it?
(a) Macy Alexander.
(b) Martha Allison.
(c) Mary Allerton.
(d) Margaret Allen.
2. Unlike some other oil men, John D. feels that oil will be what?
(a) A waste of time and money.
(b) A problem to be dealt with in the future.
(c) The basis of a coming economic revolutions.
(d) A nuisance.
3. After the end of the SIC, Rockefeller comes up with a new plan, called what?
(a) The Cleveland Plan.
(b) The Philadelphia Plan.
(c) The Pittsburgh Plan.
(d) The Toledo Plan.
4. Big Bill brings his former housekeeper and mistress, _______________, to live with them and has children with both women.
(a) Nancy White.
(b) Nancy Brown.
(c) Nancy Grey.
(d) Nancy Black.
5. Who owns the Russian operation?
(a) The Roosevelts.
(b) The Czar.
(c) The Chinese.
(d) The Nobel Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rockefellers live in Moravia on ninety acres on one of the Finger Lakes, _________________.
2. As what is Bill known?
3. Rockefeller now sets a goal of absorbing what refiners into Standard Oil and he easily succeeds in absorbing the two largest refiners?
4. In 1860, the first kerosene is made in what city by C. A. Dean?
5. John D. begins keeping track of his other expenditures and receipts in a book he calls what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Rockefeller homes.
2. What takes place during the depression of 1873?
3. Describe the oil industry in the middle of 1880.
4. Describe John D.'s relationship with Laura Celestia Spelman.
5. What does Rockefeller do to insure high volume and low costs?
6. What does John D. learn while working at Hewitt and Tuttle?
7. How is John D. involved in the Baptist church? How does he benefit from this?
8. What ends John D.'s plans of attending college? What does he do instead?
9. What activities reflect John D.'s personality and interests?
10. Who does John D. buy out in 1871? Describe this buy-out and John's motivations at this time.
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)