|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The President has plans for a new cabinet department that will have what which can investigate the trusts?
(a) A Secret Service.
(b) A Federal Bureau of Investigations.
(c) A Bureau of Detectives.
(d) A Bureau of Corporations.
2. As a result of this trip, Rockefeller funds _________________ which receives a perpetual federal charter for the promotion of education regardless of race, sex or creed.
(a) The Generous Educating board.
(b) The General Education board.
(c) The Great Education board.
(d) The George Edmunds board.
3. The federal antitrust suit is filed in Missouri on November 18, 1906. Its goal is what?
(a) The dissolution of the Standard Oil trust.
(b) The organizaton of the Standard Oil trust.
(c) The creation of only one oil company.
(d) The redistribution of wealth within the Standard Oil company.
4. John and Abby buy a new house and begin to spend their summers where?
(a) At Great Cranberry in Maine.
(b) At Mount Desert Island in Maine.
(c) At Islesford In Maine.
(d) At Swans Island in Maine.
5. By the mid-1890s, public sentiment is to do what, regarding trusts?
(a) Create more trusts.
(b) Curtail the trusts.
(c) Create smaller trusts.
(d) Combine the trusts.
6. In 1922, who dies of pneumonia?
7. Reverend Augustus H. Strong wants Rockefeller to finance what in New York?
(a) A Lutheran university.
(b) A Presbyterian university.
(c) A Catholic university.
(d) A Baptist university.
8. Standard Oil is the kind of trust that Roosevelt wants to do what to?
9. They dine with Senior every ____________.
10. Junior goes to great lengths to do what?
(a) Hide his wealth.
(b) Keep the children's pictures out of the newspapers.
(c) Spend his money wisely.
(d) Protect his wealth.
11. In what is Junior interested?
(a) Becoming wealthy.
(b) The oil industry.
(c) Corporate reform.
12. Cettie dies on _____________.
(a) March 12, 1915.
(b) March 12, 1951.
(c) March 12, 1918.
(d) March 12, 1925.
13. After a sheltered childhood, what does Junior crave?
(b) Involvement in helping social problems.
14. Senior begins transferring his wealth to Junior in 1917 due to what reason?
(a) He does not want the responsibility of the family wealth.
(b) A change in the inheritance tax.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He wants his children to have most of his money.
15. John D. is very impressed with William Rainey Harper, whom he meets while visiting Bessie. At what college is Bessie?
(a) At Vassar.
(b) At Yale.
(c) At Harvard.
(d) At Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are railroad and bank failures and massive unemployment. What happens to Standard Oil and the other trusts?
2. He transfers $475 million to his children between what years with most of it going to Junior?
3. The Rockefellers acquire what bank which handles most of the trust companies?
4. Junior resigns in 1910, preferring to devote his efforts to what?
5. The nation suffers the most severe depression ever in June of what year?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)