|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cettie dies on _____________.
(a) March 12, 1951.
(b) March 12, 1918.
(c) March 12, 1925.
(d) March 12, 1915.
2. There are eight hundred _____________________ by 1910 as a result of the efforts of the GEB.
(a) New black Southern colleges.
(b) New black Southern grade schools.
(c) New black Southern high schools.
(d) New black Southern private schools.
3. When J. P. Morgan decides to form a steel trust in 1900, he has to deal with Rockefeller. Why does Junior handle the negotiations with Morgan?
(a) Senior is slowly giving him more responsibilities.
(b) Morgan and Senior do not like one another.
(c) Morgan trusts Junior.
(d) Morgan and Senior are too busy.
4. The Rockefeller have how many children who survive?
5. He transfers $475 million to his children between what years with most of it going to Junior?
(a) 1917 and 1919.
(b) 1917 and 1920.
(c) 1917 and 1922.
(d) 1917 and 1918.
Short Answer Questions
1. John D. and Cettie keep their circle of friends from business, family and church and never go where?
2. In 1860, the first kerosene is made in what city by C. A. Dean?
3. John D. is very impressed with William Rainey Harper, whom he meets while visiting Bessie. At what college is Bessie?
4. In the 1850s, whole oil is used to fuel what?
5. Rockefeller is impressed with Andrew Carnegie's comment that a man who dies rich is what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)