|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Senior becomes more reclusive, the limelight shifts to Junior and focuses on the wealth he will inherit. Does Junior like the limelight?
(b) Only much later in life.
(c) Only at first.
2. Unlike some other oil men, John D. feels that oil will be what?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A waste of time and money.
(c) The basis of a coming economic revolutions.
(d) A problem to be dealt with in the future.
3. The President has plans for a new cabinet department that will have what which can investigate the trusts?
(a) A Secret Service.
(b) A Bureau of Detectives.
(c) A Bureau of Corporations.
(d) A Federal Bureau of Investigations.
4. Big Bill Rockefeller leads the life of a ___________ in his younger years.
(b) Wealthy man.
5. By the mid-1890s, public sentiment is to do what, regarding trusts?
(a) Combine the trusts.
(b) Curtail the trusts.
(c) Create more trusts.
(d) Create smaller trusts.
Short Answer Questions
1. The great trust begins to lose its legal battles. Their Indiana company receives a ___________ fine.
2. In 1860, the first kerosene is made in what city by C. A. Dean?
3. John D. quits school and takes a three month course where at the age of sixteen?
4. Rockefeller becomes involved in what industry under Gates?
5. There are railroad and bank failures and massive unemployment. What happens to Standard Oil and the other trusts?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)