|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When J. P. Morgan decides to form a steel trust in 1900, he has to deal with Rockefeller. Why does Junior handle the negotiations with Morgan?
(a) Senior is slowly giving him more responsibilities.
(b) Morgan trusts Junior.
(c) Morgan and Senior do not like one another.
(d) Morgan and Senior are too busy.
2. John D. receives a good introduction to the business world at Hewitt and Tuttle. He learns a great deal about what?
(a) The oil industry.
(b) The mercantile industry.
(c) The transportation industry.
(d) The book industry.
3. The children are overly protected and educated where?
(a) At home.
(b) At a local school.
(c) In a boarding school.
(d) In a private school.
4. Who is publishing her scathing expose of Standard Oil at this time?
(a) India Wilkes.
(b) Ada McClure.
(c) Ida Tarbell.
(d) Idina Menzell.
5. Maurice Clark and his brothers are in business with John D. in the refinery and John D. does not like this for what reason?
(a) They have the votes to override him.
(b) He does not like the business.
(c) They do not listen to his ideas.
(d) He does not get along with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Their Forest Hills home is once what?
2. At this time, his friends come from the community at the _______________ church where he is very active in church activities.
3. Due to their distance from the region mentioned in #49, what did Cleveland refineries face?
4. As what is Bill known?
5. By 1870, there is so much overproduction and falling prices that John D. begins to worry about what?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)