|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unlike John D., William is active in what?
(b) The iron ore industry.
(c) The banking industry.
(d) Stock market trading.
2. In 1870, the partnership of Rockefeller, Andrews and Flagler is dissolved and what is formed?
(a) Sun Oil Company (Indiana).
(b) Standard Oil Company (Indiana).
(c) Standard Oil Company (Ohio).
(d) Sun Oil Company (Ohio).
3. By May ________, Rockefeller controls all the major refineries in the nation and few people outside of the oil industry have ever heard of him.
4. After the assassination of McKinley, who becomes President?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
5. Oil is found in the Western United States, as well as in what states?
(a) Indiana and Ohio.
(b) Ohio and Kentucky.
(c) West Virginia and Kentucky.
(d) Kentucky and Indiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. John D. paces himself for what reason?
2. The Ohio Attorney General reading a book about trusts which includes a copy of Standard Oil's trust deed indicating what?
3. The country is expanding to the west and new oil companies are forming, and the Standard trust divides the continent into ________ marketing districts.
4. As what is Bill known?
5. What has Standard Oil done with some records that have been requested by the court?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)