|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is her father considered to be a rich man?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a senator.
(c) He has a great deal of money.
(d) His farm is paid off and he has a little money.
2. In 1878 Thomas Edison invents what?
(a) The radio.
(b) The light bulb.
(c) Natural gas.
(d) The telephone.
3. They have a ____________ long honeymoon in Canada and along the East Coast.
4. The new oil at Bradford intensifies the battle between who?
(a) Standard Oil and the iron industry.
(b) Standard Oil and the railroad.
(c) Standard Oil and the oil producers.
(d) Standard Oil and Sun Oil.
5. Big Bill continues to visit once or twice a year and John D. tolerates the visits for what reason?
(a) The children's sake.
(b) His father has changed his ways.
(c) He loves his father.
(d) His father has asked for forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bradford producers are pumping so much oil, that Standard Oil refuses to do what?
2. John D. begins keeping track of his other expenditures and receipts in a book he calls what?
3. When John D. helps Big Bill buy a North Dakota ranch, he does it in such a way that who can never have any claims to it?
4. The price of crude oil is extremely ___________.
5. In what year do John D. and Maurice B. Clark open their own business?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)