|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Rockefellers live in Moravia on ninety acres on one of the Finger Lakes, _________________.
(a) Seneca Lake.
(b) Oneida Lake.
(c) Cayuga Lake.
(d) Owasco Lake.
2. Associations are being formed for what purpose?
(a) To increase production.
(b) To slow production.
(c) To limit production.
(d) To stop production.
3. Economic development is ___________ as a result of the war.
4. Descendants Godfrey and Lucy immigrate to sparsely settled territory around ________, New York in the 1830s.
(a) New Rochelle.
(b) East Hampton.
(c) New York.
5. John D. receives a good introduction to the business world at Hewitt and Tuttle. He learns a great deal about what?
(a) The mercantile industry.
(b) The transportation industry.
(c) The oil industry.
(d) The book industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bill continues his wanderings and becomes a ___________ when he marries Margaret Allen in 1855.
2. Unlike some other oil men, John D. feels that oil will be what?
3. He is eventually hired by Hewitt and Tuttle as what?
4. Maurice Clark and his brothers are in business with John D. in the refinery and John D. does not like this for what reason?
5. There are _________________ during the post civil War period.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)