|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bill works as what, selling cancer cures?
(a) A traveling medicine man.
(b) A homeopathic physician.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) A family physician.
2. They live where for the first six months of their marriage?
(a) With Bill.
(b) With William.
(c) With Eliza.
(d) In Toledo.
3. At this time, his friends come from the community at the _______________ church where he is very active in church activities.
4. John D. begins keeping track of his other expenditures and receipts in a book he calls what?
(a) My Life.
(b) My Work.
(c) Ledger A.
(d) My Journal.
5. Descendants Godfrey and Lucy immigrate to sparsely settled territory around ________, New York in the 1830s.
(a) New York.
(b) East Hampton.
(d) New Rochelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. John D. receives a good introduction to the business world at Hewitt and Tuttle. He learns a great deal about what?
2. Big Bill brings his former housekeeper and mistress, _______________, to live with them and has children with both women.
3. John D. quits school and takes a three month course where at the age of sixteen?
4. Unlike some other oil men, John D. feels that oil will be what?
5. In the 1850s, whole oil is used to fuel what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)