|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The children are overly protected and educated where?
(a) In a boarding school.
(b) At home.
(c) In a private school.
(d) At a local school.
2. Union organizers are trying to form a union and the companies bring in what?
(a) Federal troops.
(b) The National Guard.
(c) Peace makers.
(d) Armed guards.
3. In the 1850s, whole oil is used to fuel what?
4. In ________ Johann Peter Rockefeller immigrates to America and settles in New Jersey.
5. John D. is very impressed with William Rainey Harper, whom he meets while visiting Bessie. At what college is Bessie?
(a) At Vassar.
(b) At Brown.
(c) At Yale.
(d) At Harvard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rockefeller begins to integrate vertically for what reason?
2. The country is expanding to the west and new oil companies are forming, and the Standard trust divides the continent into ________ marketing districts.
3. Big Bill continues to visit once or twice a year and John D. tolerates the visits for what reason?
4. Junior is shaken by the Ludlow affair. How does he emerge?
5. Does Standard Oil remain silent throughout the series?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)