|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Standard Oil done with some records that have been requested by the court?
(a) They have thrown them away.
(b) They have lost them.
(c) They have burned them.
(d) They have given them to the court.
2. Rockefeller now sets a goal of absorbing what refiners into Standard Oil and he easily succeeds in absorbing the two largest refiners?
(a) The Cleveland and Pittsburgh.
(b) The Philadelphia and New York.
(c) The Columbus and Cleveland.
(d) The Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
3. What does John D. believe about his fortune?
(a) It is a gift from God to be used in the betterment of mankind.
(b) It is too much for one person and should be given away.
(c) It is a surprise to him, and he plans on enlarging it.
(d) It upsets other people, so he should donate some to please others.
4. John D. is very concerned with displaying what?
(b) His failings.
(c) His family.
5. His father purchases the Colorado Fuel and Iron company in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. They have a ____________ long honeymoon in Canada and along the East Coast.
2. In 1897, why does the Ohio Attorney General feel the Ohio company is in contempt of court?
3. The President has plans for a new cabinet department that will have what which can investigate the trusts?
4. A group known as what is active on Wall Street and consists of Henry H. Rogers, James Stillman and William Rockefeller?
5. Who is publishing her scathing expose of Standard Oil at this time?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)