|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a sheltered childhood, what does Junior crave?
(b) Involvement in helping social problems.
2. Big Bill married for what reason?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He needs a mother for his children.
(c) He is in love with his wife.
(d) The money.
3. John D. is able to negotiate good rates on the railroads for what reason?
(a) He has worked in the railroad industry.
(b) He has many friends in the railroad industry.
(c) Many of the railroad owners owe him favors.
(d) Many of the railroad owners are Standard Oil stockholders.
4. In August of 1855, he begins looking for employment for what reason?
(a) So he can something to keep him busy.
(b) So he does not have to depend on his father.
(c) So he can care for his father.
(d) So he can support his family.
5. The new oil at Bradford intensifies the battle between who?
(a) Standard Oil and the oil producers.
(b) Standard Oil and the railroad.
(c) Standard Oil and Sun Oil.
(d) Standard Oil and the iron industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. A group known as what is active on Wall Street and consists of Henry H. Rogers, James Stillman and William Rockefeller?
2. Big Bill does not accompany his family to Richford when they move and does not appear in the area until 1835, posing as what?
3. The boys are enrolled in school and eventually the family moves to what city in the mid 1830s and then to a farm in Parma?
4. John D. and Cettie keep their circle of friends from business, family and church and never go where?
5. John D. is very impressed with William Rainey Harper, whom he meets while visiting Bessie. At what college is Bessie?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)