|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His father purchases the Colorado Fuel and Iron company in what year?
2. Oil prices tumble and Rockefeller absorbs another group of failing competitors. They have to do this secretly for what reason?
(a) The competitors are embarrassed.
(b) The existing law does not allow Standard Oil to own property outside of Ohio.
(c) Rockefeller does not want others to know how powerful he is.
(d) According to the law, Standard Oil should not exist.
3. Junior separates himself from all businesses but one. What business is this?
(a) Standard Oil.
(b) His mining business in Colorado.
(c) His philanthropies.
(d) His family.
4. Why is her father considered to be a rich man?
(a) His farm is paid off and he has a little money.
(b) He is a senator.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He has a great deal of money.
5. He is eventually hired by Hewitt and Tuttle as what?
(a) A manager.
(b) A clerk.
(c) An assistant bookkeeper.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the news of the fine cause?
2. There are eight hundred _____________________ by 1910 as a result of the efforts of the GEB.
3. Junior resigns in 1910, preferring to devote his efforts to what?
4. By the middle of 1880, more than __________ percent of American oil is shipped abroad.
5. The Rockefellers live in Moravia on ninety acres on one of the Finger Lakes, _________________.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)