|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Big Bill does not accompany his family to Richford when they move and does not appear in the area until 1835, posing as what?
(a) A blind and deaf peddler.
(b) A scientist.
(c) An actor.
(d) A doctor.
2. He structures his schedule so he does what after meals?
3. By May ________, Rockefeller controls all the major refineries in the nation and few people outside of the oil industry have ever heard of him.
4. There are _________________ during the post civil War period.
(a) Slaves to set free.
(b) Fortunes to be lost.
(c) Fortunes to be made.
(d) Debts to settle.
5. Maurice Clark and his brothers are in business with John D. in the refinery and John D. does not like this for what reason?
(a) He does not get along with them.
(b) They have the votes to override him.
(c) They do not listen to his ideas.
(d) He does not like the business.
Short Answer Questions
1. John D. and Cettie keep their circle of friends from business, family and church and never go where?
2. In August of 1855, he begins looking for employment for what reason?
3. In the 1850s, whole oil is used to fuel what?
4. In 1860, the first kerosene is made in what city by C. A. Dean?
5. Rockefeller now sets a goal of absorbing what refiners into Standard Oil and he easily succeeds in absorbing the two largest refiners?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)