|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Pennsylvania producers form their own plan?
(a) They slow production for Standard Oil.
(b) They end up creating new wells.
(c) They invent new equipment.
(d) They end up burning the wells and destroying the equipment of non-cooperating members.
2. Big Bill brings his former housekeeper and mistress, _______________, to live with them and has children with both women.
(a) Nancy White.
(b) Nancy Grey.
(c) Nancy Black.
(d) Nancy Brown.
3. In August of 1855, he begins looking for employment for what reason?
(a) So he does not have to depend on his father.
(b) So he can support his family.
(c) So he can care for his father.
(d) So he can something to keep him busy.
4. Associations are being formed for what purpose?
(a) To increase production.
(b) To limit production.
(c) To slow production.
(d) To stop production.
5. Big Bill Rockefeller leads the life of a ___________ in his younger years.
(c) Wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. He eventually marries who in 1837?
2. Do the refiners like the plan?
3. Why is her father considered to be a rich man?
4. Unlike some other oil men, John D. feels that oil will be what?
5. Rockefeller's Cleveland refineries are further from what area than the Oil Regions refineries are?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)