|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rockefeller's Cleveland refineries are further from what area than the Oil Regions refineries are?
(a) The Gulf Coast.
(b) The West Coast.
(c) The Great Lakes.
(d) The East Coast.
2. Due to their distance from the region mentioned in #49, what did Cleveland refineries face?
(a) Higher transportation costs.
(b) Lower transportation costs.
(c) No transportation costs.
(d) Unsteady transportation costs.
3. Oil is the________ largest export of the United States with the major competition being Russia, and it is cheaper to produce oil in Russia than it is in America.
4. After the end of the SIC, Rockefeller comes up with a new plan, called what?
(a) The Cleveland Plan.
(b) The Toledo Plan.
(c) The Pittsburgh Plan.
(d) The Philadelphia Plan.
5. By May ________, Rockefeller controls all the major refineries in the nation and few people outside of the oil industry have ever heard of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. John D. is able to negotiate good rates on the railroads for what reason?
2. In 1907, John D. buys Roger's shares of what stock?
3. The Rockefeller have how many children who survive?
4. In 1878 Thomas Edison invents what?
5. Rockefeller begins to integrate vertically for what reason?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)