|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sherman Antitrust legislation is introduced in Congress by Senator John Sherman of Ohio in ___________.
(a) December 1890.
(b) December 1891.
(c) December 1889.
(d) December 1887.
2. The children are overly protected and educated where?
(a) In a private school.
(b) In a boarding school.
(c) At home.
(d) At a local school.
3. By the middle of 1880, more than __________ percent of American oil is shipped abroad.
4. Rockefeller becomes involved in what industry under Gates?
(c) Iron ore.
5. In August of 1855, he begins looking for employment for what reason?
(a) So he can care for his father.
(b) So he can support his family.
(c) So he can something to keep him busy.
(d) So he does not have to depend on his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When J. P. Morgan decides to form a steel trust in 1900, he has to deal with Rockefeller. Why does Junior handle the negotiations with Morgan?
2. Rockefeller now sets a goal of absorbing what refiners into Standard Oil and he easily succeeds in absorbing the two largest refiners?
3. John D. quits school and takes a three month course where at the age of sixteen?
4. At this time, John D. is also buying the New York refineries through who?
5. When Eliza dies in March 1889, John has it announced that she died how?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)