|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In August 1868, John D. moves his family to a house on _________ Avenue in an area that is called millionaires' row.
2. Associations are being formed for what purpose?
(a) To slow production.
(b) To increase production.
(c) To limit production.
(d) To stop production.
3. John D. is able to negotiate good rates on the railroads for what reason?
(a) He has worked in the railroad industry.
(b) Many of the railroad owners are Standard Oil stockholders.
(c) He has many friends in the railroad industry.
(d) Many of the railroad owners owe him favors.
4. There are railroad and bank failures and massive unemployment. What happens to Standard Oil and the other trusts?
(a) They grow weak.
(b) They disband.
(c) They support each other.
(d) They remain healthy.
5. He structures his schedule so he does what after meals?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Morgan Theological Seminary is transferred to the new university and Harper is its president. It opens on October 1, ________.
2. In 1905, the _________________ requests an investigation of the company.
3. In 1870, the partnership of Rockefeller, Andrews and Flagler is dissolved and what is formed?
4. Senior remains in seclusion at ________________, avoiding the process servers.
5. By 1891, John D. is grooming _________ as his successor and is gradually shifting responsibilities to him.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)