|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Rockefeller have how many children who survive?
2. The great trust begins to lose its legal battles. Their Indiana company receives a ___________ fine.
(a) $2.4 billion.
(b) $29.4 million.
(c) $294 million.
(d) $2.9 million.
3. The federal antitrust suit is filed in Missouri on November 18, 1906. Its goal is what?
(a) The organizaton of the Standard Oil trust.
(b) The creation of only one oil company.
(c) The redistribution of wealth within the Standard Oil company.
(d) The dissolution of the Standard Oil trust.
4. There are railroad and bank failures and massive unemployment. What happens to Standard Oil and the other trusts?
(a) They remain healthy.
(b) They disband.
(c) They grow weak.
(d) They support each other.
5. The Morgan Theological Seminary is transferred to the new university and Harper is its president. It opens on October 1, ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________________ begins its investigation of Standard Oil.
2. John D. paces himself for what reason?
3. The trust does what to satisfy the courts?
4. By 1870, there is so much overproduction and falling prices that John D. begins to worry about what?
5. The government wins its antitrust case against Standard oil of New Jersey which is ordered to divest itself of its subsidiaries. The Supreme Court upholds the verdict on May 15, 1911, giving the trust six months to divest. What does the divestiture do to Rockefeller?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)