|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Her sickness is a fullness of her _____." How does Richardetto finish this quote in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. "'Tis pain, she laughs at me!" Who says this quote from Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Who is the first to speak after Bergetto is struck in Act 3, Scene 7?
5. What is it that Soranzo wants Annabella to say in Act 4, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What subplots are in the play? How do they tie in to the main plot?
Essay Topic 2
Summarize Annabella and Giovanni's turbulent relationship from beginning to end. How does it start? How does it change? What feeds it? What destroys it?
Essay Topic 3
Who is selfish and who is selfless? Are there any characters that are difficult to distinguish this difference in?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)