|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. What does Annabella reflect on in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. How many characters speak in Act 5, Scene 3?
4. "These are the _____ tears." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 5 finished?
5. What does Soranzo offer Giovanni that he refuses in Act 4, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters stand for good? Which characters stand for evil? Which characters are both?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Could Annabella and Giovanni's relationship be symbolic of any other kind of love, theme, or message? What hidden layers were a part of these characters' creation by the author?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)