|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the following quote from Act 3, Scene 2 finished: "To live and die _____."?
2. What is Vasquez's reaction to Putana's action in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What does Florio announce in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. "The wildness of thy ____ draws to an end." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 3 finished?
5. What is Richardetto's perspective of what has happened as of Act 4, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, Annabella is sorry for her wrong-doings, and Giovanni is unapologetic. Why is this important? What does it say of the differences of the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast all of the deaths within the story. How are they all similar, unique, and significant? Why did all the characters deserve to die within the confines of the themes of the play? In your opinion, why did or didn't they deserve to die?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)