|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Annabella say guards her in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. How is the following quote from Act 3, Scene 2 finished: "To live and die _____."?
3. Who is the last to speak in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. What is Grimaldi doing in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 7?
5. Who is the first character to speak in Act 3, Scene 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Putana's fate seems cruel and unusual. What was its purpose? Do you agree with it?
Essay Topic 2
How do characters experience love as a painful force? Who does this theme apply to the most?
Essay Topic 3
How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)