|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. Which of the following is Giovanni's first aside of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Vasquez convince Soranzo to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. How does Philotis refer to Grimaldi while she talks to the police in Act 3, Scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Annabella is sorry for her wrong-doings, and Giovanni is unapologetic. Why is this important? What does it say of the differences of the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
How is action/reaction an important concept of the play? What actions spark the most significant reactions?
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary climax of the play? What happens as a reaction to the primary climax? What builds up to it?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)