|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabella triumph over according to Giovanni in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
3. Why does Annabella claim to be ill according to Richardetto in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. Who does Annabella say guards her in Act 5, Scene 5?
5. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What do all of the different characters stand for from a real life point of view? Compare and contrast their different traits and purposes.
Essay Topic 3
Which characters stand for good? Which characters stand for evil? Which characters are both?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)