|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Act 4, Scene 1 masked?
2. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. "_____ man, why, 'tis thy fate." How is this quote from Act 4, Scene 3 finished?
5. "My belief is streghtened; 'tis as firm as ____ and ____. Finish this quote from Act 4, Scene 3.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Could Annabella and Giovanni's relationship be symbolic of any other kind of love, theme, or message? What hidden layers were a part of these characters' creation by the author?
Essay Topic 2
What motivates Giovanni? How do his motivations change throughout the play? What motivates his final actions?
Essay Topic 3
How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)