|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the following quote from Act 3, Scene 2 finished: "To live and die _____."?
2. What is Grimaldi doing in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 7?
3. When is the marriage of Soranzo and Annabella planned for as of Act 3, Scene 8?
4. Who does Grimaldi mistake Bergetto and Philotis for in Act 3, Scene 7?
5. Why is the Friar happy in Act 5, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Friar vs. the Cardinal. What are the major differences between these two religious figures? What is the significance behind their differences?
Essay Topic 2
Who is selfish and who is selfless? Are there any characters that are difficult to distinguish this difference in?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)