|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
2. What does Bergetto call his uncle in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Giovanni say "shall be consumed to ashes in a minute" in Act 5, Scene 5?
4. Who acts unjustly in Act 3, Scene 9?
5. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Annabella is sorry for her wrong-doings, and Giovanni is unapologetic. Why is this important? What does it say of the differences of the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
Summarize Annabella and Giovanni's turbulent relationship from beginning to end. How does it start? How does it change? What feeds it? What destroys it?
Essay Topic 3
How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)