|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to kill Annabella in Act 5, Scene 2?
2. What is the major conflict of Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What does Poggio repeat three times at the end of Act 3, Scene 7?
4. Who acts unjustly in Act 3, Scene 9?
5. What are Annabella and Giovanni doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What comic relief is there in this tragic play? Is there enough comic relief? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Where do characters have control of their situations? Where do they lose control? Pick two characters and discuss.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)