|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters speak in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. Before Soranzo reenters Act 4, Scene 3, who is the last person to enter the scene?
3. What does Annabella make Soranzo swear to secrecy in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What comic relief is there in this tragic play? Is there enough comic relief? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do characters experience love as a painful force? Who does this theme apply to the most?
Essay Topic 3
Summarize Annabella and Giovanni's turbulent relationship from beginning to end. How does it start? How does it change? What feeds it? What destroys it?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)