|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Philotis refer to Grimaldi while she talks to the police in Act 3, Scene 7?
2. What do Richardetto and Philotis speak of in Act 3, Scene 5?
3. What does Giovanni ask of the sun in Act 5, Scene 5?
4. "My belief is streghtened; 'tis as firm as ____ and ____. Finish this quote from Act 4, Scene 3.
5. Who is the first to speak after Bergetto is struck in Act 3, Scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast all of the deaths within the story. How are they all similar, unique, and significant? Why did all the characters deserve to die within the confines of the themes of the play? In your opinion, why did or didn't they deserve to die?
Essay Topic 2
What subplots are in the play? How do they tie in to the main plot?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)