|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
2. What does Annabella try to convince Giovanni of in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. What is Annabella going to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
4. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What is it that Soranzo wants Annabella to say in Act 4, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is action/reaction an important concept of the play? What actions spark the most significant reactions?
Essay Topic 3
Putana's fate seems cruel and unusual. What was its purpose? Do you agree with it?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)