|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Annabella say guards her in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. What is Vasquez's reaction to Putana's action in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What does Annabella triumph over according to Giovanni in Act 5, Scene 5?
4. How is the following quote from Act 3, Scene 2 finished: "To live and die _____."?
5. Which of the following is NOT a word that Giovanni uses in his aside to mark his disgust for the wedding of Act 4, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Putana's fate seems cruel and unusual. What was its purpose? Do you agree with it?
Essay Topic 2
How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
Essay Topic 3
Where do characters have control of their situations? Where do they lose control? Pick two characters and discuss.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)