|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
3. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
4. "You are past all rules of sense." Who says this in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
2. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2? What will happen?
3. Why does Richardetto say that Annabella is sick? What does Florio say he has done in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Summarize what happens in Act 2, Scene 6 with regards to the letter given to Annabella.
5. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she plan to do?
6. What is the conversation like between Soranzo and Annabella in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
8. What does Putana do that gets her into trouble in Act 4, Scene 3? What happens to her?
9. What actions of Act 2, Scene 1 are most significant?
10. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What comic relief is there in this tragic play? Is there enough comic relief? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Where do characters have control of their situations? Where do they lose control? Pick two characters and discuss.
Essay Topic 3
What do all of the different characters stand for from a real life point of view? Compare and contrast their different traits and purposes.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)