|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
2. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. What does Hippolita try to convince Vasquez in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Friar and Giovanni discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is the final scene like after Giovanni has died? What happens to Vasquez?
3. What does Putana do that gets her into trouble in Act 4, Scene 3? What happens to her?
4. What do we learn in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the marriage plans for Annabella?
5. What is Annabella fearful for in Act 5, Scene 5?
6. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
7. How does Annabella respond to Soranzo's attempts to learn the identity of the baby?
8. How does Giovanni's tone change from the beginning to the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
10. As of Act 3, Scene 8, where should the audience assume Vasquez's allegiance lies? What does Hippolita vow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do characters experience love as a painful force? Who does this theme apply to the most?
Essay Topic 2
What do all of the different characters stand for from a real life point of view? Compare and contrast their different traits and purposes.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)