|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
3. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
4. What does Bergetto do as Donado says goodbye to Florio in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Florio apprehensive to Donado's aim in Act 1, Scene 3? What does Donado say that makes him feel better?
2. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
3. What is the conversation like between Soranzo and Annabella in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
5. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
6. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
7. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
8. What is the poem like that Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
10. What is the letter like that Bergetto has written for Annabella in Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
Essay Topic 2
What comic relief is there in this tragic play? Is there enough comic relief? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What do all of the different characters stand for from a real life point of view? Compare and contrast their different traits and purposes.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)