|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Who wishes to speak with Annabella privately in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
2. How does Annabella respond to Soranzo's attempts to learn the identity of the baby?
3. How does Hippolita enter Act 4, Scene 1? What happens to her?
4. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
5. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
6. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
7. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
8. What is the letter like that Bergetto has written for Annabella in Act 2, Scene 4?
9. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
10. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Friar vs. the Cardinal. What are the major differences between these two religious figures? What is the significance behind their differences?
Essay Topic 2
Where do characters have control of their situations? Where do they lose control? Pick two characters and discuss.
Essay Topic 3
How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)