|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
2. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
2. What has happened in Act 3, Scene 7?
3. Why is Giovanni miserable in Act 4, Scene 1? How does he show his unhappiness?
4. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
5. How does Giovanni's tone change from the beginning to the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
7. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
8. What does Donado try to convince Florio in Act 1, Scene 3? Does he succeed?
9. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
10. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
Essay Topic 2
Which characters stand for good? Which characters stand for evil? Which characters are both?
Essay Topic 3
Where do characters have control of their situations? Where do they lose control? Pick two characters and discuss.
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)