|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Richardetto?
2. What is special about the horse of Bergetto's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
2. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
4. Summarize what happens in Act 2, Scene 6 with regards to the letter given to Annabella.
5. What is Annabella fearful for in Act 5, Scene 5?
6. How does Giovanni try to convince the Friar that his feelings towards Annabella are appropriate in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
8. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
9. What do we learn in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the marriage plans for Annabella?
10. What does Putana do that gets her into trouble in Act 4, Scene 3? What happens to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What subplots are in the play? How do they tie in to the main plot?
Essay Topic 2
Where do characters have control of their situations? Where do they lose control? Pick two characters and discuss.
Essay Topic 3
How is action/reaction an important concept of the play? What actions spark the most significant reactions?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)