|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
2. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who of the following characters is NOT included in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What does Putana do that gets her into trouble in Act 4, Scene 3? What happens to her?
3. What does Giovanni think has happened to Annabella in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5?
4. How does the Friar respond to what Giovanni says in the first scene of the play?
5. What are Annabella and Giovanni speaking of when he kills her? How does she respond?
6. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
7. What actions of Act 2, Scene 1 are most significant?
8. How does Richardetto convince Grimaldi to murder Soranzo? How is this to happen?
9. How does Act 4, Scene 3 end?
10. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary climax of the play? What happens as a reaction to the primary climax? What builds up to it?
Essay Topic 2
Summarize Annabella and Giovanni's turbulent relationship from beginning to end. How does it start? How does it change? What feeds it? What destroys it?
Essay Topic 3
Putana's fate seems cruel and unusual. What was its purpose? Do you agree with it?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)