|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
2. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What is the only city that is referenced in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conversation like between Soranzo and Annabella in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. What is the final scene like after Giovanni has died? What happens to Vasquez?
4. How does Giovanni try to convince the Friar that his feelings towards Annabella are appropriate in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. As of Act 3, Scene 8, where should the audience assume Vasquez's allegiance lies? What does Hippolita vow?
6. Summarize what happens in Act 2, Scene 6 with regards to the letter given to Annabella.
7. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
8. What is the letter like that Bergetto has written for Annabella in Act 2, Scene 4?
9. What has happened in Act 3, Scene 7?
10. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where do characters have control of their situations? Where do they lose control? Pick two characters and discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast all of the deaths within the story. How are they all similar, unique, and significant? Why did all the characters deserve to die within the confines of the themes of the play? In your opinion, why did or didn't they deserve to die?
Essay Topic 3
How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)