|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
3. Where is Richardetto from?
4. Who is Philotis?
5. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2? What will happen?
2. How does Richardetto convince Grimaldi to murder Soranzo? How is this to happen?
3. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
4. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. How does Giovanni try to convince the Friar that his feelings towards Annabella are appropriate in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
7. What is Annabella fearful for in Act 5, Scene 5?
8. Summarize what happens in Act 2, Scene 6 with regards to the letter given to Annabella.
9. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
10. As of Act 3, Scene 8, where should the audience assume Vasquez's allegiance lies? What does Hippolita vow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is love used as a motivation for the characters? What are the positive and negative aspects of the use of this motivation by the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Friar vs. the Cardinal. What are the major differences between these two religious figures? What is the significance behind their differences?
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary climax of the play? What happens as a reaction to the primary climax? What builds up to it?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)