|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Who gives Annabella the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who is Philotis?
5. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Annabella fearful for in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. What does the Friar warn Giovanni of Act 5, Scene 3? What is Giovanni's response?
3. In detail, what does Annabella want in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. What signal of Act 2, Scene 6 shows the growing severity of the relationship between Annabella and Giovanni?
5. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
6. What do the Friar and Giovanni discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
8. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
9. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
10. What is Richardetto's opinion of what has happened to Hippolita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Annabella is sorry for her wrong-doings, and Giovanni is unapologetic. Why is this important? What does it say of the differences of the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
Putana's fate seems cruel and unusual. What was its purpose? Do you agree with it?
Essay Topic 3
Where do characters have control of their situations? Where do they lose control? Pick two characters and discuss.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)