|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Who has Florio given his approval to marry his daughter?
3. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
4. How does Annabella respond when Giovanni admits his feelings toward her?
5. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
2. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
3. What has happened to Bergetto when he enters Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
5. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
6. Why is Florio apprehensive to Donado's aim in Act 1, Scene 3? What does Donado say that makes him feel better?
7. How do Act 2, Scene 4 and 5 parallel one another?
8. Summarize what happens in Act 2, Scene 6 with regards to the letter given to Annabella.
9. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
10. What signal of Act 2, Scene 6 shows the growing severity of the relationship between Annabella and Giovanni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What motivates Giovanni? How do his motivations change throughout the play? What motivates his final actions?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, Annabella is sorry for her wrong-doings, and Giovanni is unapologetic. Why is this important? What does it say of the differences of the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
What comic relief is there in this tragic play? Is there enough comic relief? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)