Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
2. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Hippolita try to convince Vasquez in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who does Bergetto find to be the most beautiful as of Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
2. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
3. How does Giovanni try to convince the Friar that his feelings towards Annabella are appropriate in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Donado try to convince Florio in Act 1, Scene 3? Does he succeed?
5. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
6. How does the Friar convince Annabella to marry Soranzo?
7. What is the final scene like after Giovanni has died? What happens to Vasquez?
8. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she plan to do?
9. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
10. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
How is action/reaction an important concept of the play? What actions spark the most significant reactions?
What do all of the different characters stand for from a real life point of view? Compare and contrast their different traits and purposes.
Summarize Annabella and Giovanni's turbulent relationship from beginning to end. How does it start? How does it change? What feeds it? What destroys it?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)