|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
2. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
4. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hippolita enter Act 4, Scene 1? What happens to her?
2. Why is Florio apprehensive to Donado's aim in Act 1, Scene 3? What does Donado say that makes him feel better?
3. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
4. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
5. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
6. What are Annabella and Giovanni speaking of when he kills her? How does she respond?
7. What do the Friar and Giovanni discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
9. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
10. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
Essay Topic 1
What motivates Giovanni? How do his motivations change throughout the play? What motivates his final actions?
Essay Topic 2
What do all of the different characters stand for from a real life point of view? Compare and contrast their different traits and purposes.
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary climax of the play? What happens as a reaction to the primary climax? What builds up to it?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)