|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
3. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
5. What is the only city that is referenced in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Friar convince Annabella to marry Soranzo?
2. How does the Friar respond to what Giovanni says in the first scene of the play?
3. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
4. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
5. What has happened to Giovanni's feelings towards Annabella in Act 5, Scene 3?
6. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
7. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
8. How does Act 4, Scene 3 end?
9. What does Putana do that gets her into trouble in Act 4, Scene 3? What happens to her?
10. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
Essay Topic 2How is action/reaction an important concept of the play? What actions spark the most significant reactions?
Essay Topic 3Putana's fate seems cruel and unusual. What was its purpose? Do you agree with it?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)