|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
5. Who does Bergetto find to be the most beautiful as of Act 2, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Giovanni's tone change from the beginning to the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does the Friar convince Annabella to marry Soranzo?
3. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
4. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
5. How do Act 2, Scene 4 and 5 parallel one another?
6. What does Giovanni think has happened to Annabella in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5?
7. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
8. Where is the Friar going to go at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
9. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she plan to do?
10. What has happened in Act 3, Scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do all of the different characters stand for from a real life point of view? Compare and contrast their different traits and purposes.
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary climax of the play? What happens as a reaction to the primary climax? What builds up to it?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast all of the deaths within the story. How are they all similar, unique, and significant? Why did all the characters deserve to die within the confines of the themes of the play? In your opinion, why did or didn't they deserve to die?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)