|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
3. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What does Bergetto insult of Annabella's in the letter in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annabella respond to Soranzo's attempts to learn the identity of the baby?
2. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How does Giovanni's tone change from the beginning to the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
5. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
6. What actions of Act 2, Scene 1 are most significant?
7. What do we learn in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the marriage plans for Annabella?
8. How does Giovanni try to convince the Friar that his feelings towards Annabella are appropriate in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
10. What does the Friar warn Giovanni of Act 5, Scene 3? What is Giovanni's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Could Annabella and Giovanni's relationship be symbolic of any other kind of love, theme, or message? What hidden layers were a part of these characters' creation by the author?
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary climax of the play? What happens as a reaction to the primary climax? What builds up to it?
Essay Topic 3
Who is selfish and who is selfless? Are there any characters that are difficult to distinguish this difference in?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)