|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first word of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she plan to do?
2. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2? What will happen?
3. Why does Richardetto say that Annabella is sick? What does Florio say he has done in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
5. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
6. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
7. What is the poem like that Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What do the Friar and Giovanni discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What is Annabella fearful for in Act 5, Scene 5?
10. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is action/reaction an important concept of the play? What actions spark the most significant reactions?
Essay Topic 2
What comic relief is there in this tragic play? Is there enough comic relief? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary climax of the play? What happens as a reaction to the primary climax? What builds up to it?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)