|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
3. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where is Richardetto from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the poem like that Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
3. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
4. What actions of Act 2, Scene 1 are most significant?
5. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
6. How does the Friar respond to what Giovanni says in the first scene of the play?
7. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. What do Bergetto and Poggio discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
9. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
10. What has happened to Bergetto when he enters Act 2, Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary climax of the play? What happens as a reaction to the primary climax? What builds up to it?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do characters experience love as a painful force? Who does this theme apply to the most?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)