|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
2. What does Bergetto insult of Annabella's in the letter in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who wishes to speak with Annabella privately in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions of Act 2, Scene 1 are most significant?
2. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is the final scene like after Giovanni has died? What happens to Vasquez?
4. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
5. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
6. What does Donado try to convince Florio in Act 1, Scene 3? Does he succeed?
7. How does Hippolita enter Act 4, Scene 1? What happens to her?
8. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
9. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
10. What is the letter like that Bergetto has written for Annabella in Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What motivates Giovanni? How do his motivations change throughout the play? What motivates his final actions?
Essay Topic 2
How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
Essay Topic 3
Putana's fate seems cruel and unusual. What was its purpose? Do you agree with it?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)