|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
3. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richardetto convince Grimaldi to murder Soranzo? How is this to happen?
2. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
3. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
4. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she plan to do?
5. How does Act 3, Scene 8 begin?
6. What does Putana do that gets her into trouble in Act 4, Scene 3? What happens to her?
7. As of Act 3, Scene 8, where should the audience assume Vasquez's allegiance lies? What does Hippolita vow?
8. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
9. What is Annabella fearful for in Act 5, Scene 5?
10. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is selfish and who is selfless? Are there any characters that are difficult to distinguish this difference in?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Giovanni's isolation. How does it get worse from the beginning of the play to the end? What does his isolation suggest the author is saying?
Essay Topic 3
How do characters experience love as a painful force? Who does this theme apply to the most?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)