|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
3. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
4. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
5. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Giovanni doesn't want Annabella to get married in Act 2, Scene 5? What does this suggest?
2. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
3. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
4. What does Donado try to convince Florio in Act 1, Scene 3? Does he succeed?
5. What has happened in Act 3, Scene 7?
6. How does Annabella respond to Soranzo's attempts to learn the identity of the baby?
7. How does Giovanni's tone change from the beginning to the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
8. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
9. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
10. In detail, what does Annabella want in Act 5, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is love used as a motivation for the characters? What are the positive and negative aspects of the use of this motivation by the characters?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the play, Annabella is sorry for her wrong-doings, and Giovanni is unapologetic. Why is this important? What does it say of the differences of the two characters?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)