|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the Friar going to go at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. How does the Friar respond to what Giovanni says in the first scene of the play?
3. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
4. What signal of Act 2, Scene 6 shows the growing severity of the relationship between Annabella and Giovanni?
5. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
6. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
7. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
8. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
9. What did Annabella and Giovanni want for their love after their deaths?
10. What is the poem like that Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is action/reaction an important concept of the play? What actions spark the most significant reactions?
Essay Topic 2
How is love used as a motivation for the characters? What are the positive and negative aspects of the use of this motivation by the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Summarize Annabella and Giovanni's turbulent relationship from beginning to end. How does it start? How does it change? What feeds it? What destroys it?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)