|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
2. Who says "O coxcomb, what doth he make here?" in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What is the only city that is referenced in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
5. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
2. What does the Friar warn Giovanni of Act 5, Scene 3? What is Giovanni's response?
3. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
4. How does Giovanni try to convince the Friar that his feelings towards Annabella are appropriate in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why is Giovanni miserable in Act 4, Scene 1? How does he show his unhappiness?
6. How does Act 3, Scene 8 begin?
7. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
8. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2? What will happen?
9. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
10. How does Act 4, Scene 3 end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, Annabella is sorry for her wrong-doings, and Giovanni is unapologetic. Why is this important? What does it say of the differences of the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
Putana's fate seems cruel and unusual. What was its purpose? Do you agree with it?
Essay Topic 3
Where do characters have control of their situations? Where do they lose control? Pick two characters and discuss.
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)