Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
2. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
4. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Bergetto when he enters Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Where is the Friar going to go at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What signal of Act 2, Scene 6 shows the growing severity of the relationship between Annabella and Giovanni?
4. Why does Richardetto say that Annabella is sick? What does Florio say he has done in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What is the letter like that Bergetto has written for Annabella in Act 2, Scene 4?
6. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
7. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
8. As of Act 3, Scene 8, where should the audience assume Vasquez's allegiance lies? What does Hippolita vow?
9. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
10. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast all of the deaths within the story. How are they all similar, unique, and significant? Why did all the characters deserve to die within the confines of the themes of the play? In your opinion, why did or didn't they deserve to die?
Essay Topic 2
Could Annabella and Giovanni's relationship be symbolic of any other kind of love, theme, or message? What hidden layers were a part of these characters' creation by the author?
Essay Topic 3
How is action/reaction an important concept of the play? What actions spark the most significant reactions?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)