|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Florio hassle Giovanni about in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Who wishes to speak with Annabella privately in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
2. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
3. What is Richardetto's opinion of what has happened to Hippolita?
4. What signal of Act 2, Scene 6 shows the growing severity of the relationship between Annabella and Giovanni?
5. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
6. How does the Friar convince Annabella to marry Soranzo?
7. How does Richardetto convince Grimaldi to murder Soranzo? How is this to happen?
8. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
9. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
10. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she plan to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize Annabella and Giovanni's turbulent relationship from beginning to end. How does it start? How does it change? What feeds it? What destroys it?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters stand for good? Which characters stand for evil? Which characters are both?
Essay Topic 3
How do characters experience love as a painful force? Who does this theme apply to the most?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)