|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. What is the only city that is referenced in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What has happened to Bergetto when he enters Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
5. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
6. What is the letter like that Bergetto has written for Annabella in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. Summarize what happens in Act 2, Scene 6 with regards to the letter given to Annabella.
8. Why is Florio apprehensive to Donado's aim in Act 1, Scene 3? What does Donado say that makes him feel better?
9. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
10. What do we learn in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the marriage plans for Annabella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is love used as a motivation for the characters? What are the positive and negative aspects of the use of this motivation by the characters?
Essay Topic 2
What do all of the different characters stand for from a real life point of view? Compare and contrast their different traits and purposes.
Essay Topic 3
What motivates Giovanni? How do his motivations change throughout the play? What motivates his final actions?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)