|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What is the only city that is referenced in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Donado wish for the gift given to Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
5. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
3. How does Giovanni's tone change from the beginning to the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How does Act 4, Scene 3 end?
5. What are Annabella and Giovanni speaking of when he kills her? How does she respond?
6. What is Richardetto's opinion of what has happened to Hippolita?
7. Where is the Friar going to go at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
8. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
9. How does Giovanni try to convince the Friar that his feelings towards Annabella are appropriate in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What has happened in Act 3, Scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is love used as a motivation for the characters? What are the positive and negative aspects of the use of this motivation by the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Where do characters have control of their situations? Where do they lose control? Pick two characters and discuss.
Essay Topic 3
Which characters stand for good? Which characters stand for evil? Which characters are both?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)