|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
2. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
3. Who says "O coxcomb, what doth he make here?" in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we learn in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the marriage plans for Annabella?
2. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
3. How does the Friar convince Annabella to marry Soranzo?
4. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
5. What is the final scene like after Giovanni has died? What happens to Vasquez?
6. Where is the Friar going to go at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
7. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
8. What actions of Act 2, Scene 1 are most significant?
9. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
10. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Giovanni's isolation. How does it get worse from the beginning of the play to the end? What does his isolation suggest the author is saying?
Essay Topic 2
Putana's fate seems cruel and unusual. What was its purpose? Do you agree with it?
Essay Topic 3
What comic relief is there in this tragic play? Is there enough comic relief? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)