|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Florio given his approval to marry his daughter?
2. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Bergetto do as Donado says goodbye to Florio in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. What is Richardetto plotting in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
2. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How does Richardetto convince Grimaldi to murder Soranzo? How is this to happen?
4. How does Act 3, Scene 8 begin?
5. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
6. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
7. What does the Friar warn Giovanni of Act 5, Scene 3? What is Giovanni's response?
8. How does Giovanni try to convince the Friar that his feelings towards Annabella are appropriate in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
10. What do we learn in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the marriage plans for Annabella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is action/reaction an important concept of the play? What actions spark the most significant reactions?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Giovanni kill Annabella? What does he say were his reasons and what can you assume they were? Did he have poetic license to do this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is love used as a motivation for the characters? What are the positive and negative aspects of the use of this motivation by the characters?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)