|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who are brother and sister?
4. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
5. Who is Richardetto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Friar and Giovanni discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does Giovanni's tone change from the beginning to the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How does Richardetto convince Grimaldi to murder Soranzo? How is this to happen?
4. What has happened in Act 3, Scene 7?
5. What does Donado try to convince Florio in Act 1, Scene 3? Does he succeed?
6. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
7. What are Annabella and Giovanni speaking of when he kills her? How does she respond?
8. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
9. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
10. How does Act 4, Scene 3 end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is love used as a motivation for the characters? What are the positive and negative aspects of the use of this motivation by the characters?
Essay Topic 2
How does suspense rise throughout the play? Use examples from the play to summarize the use of suspense, where it is strongest, and how it progresses the story.
Essay Topic 3
How is action/reaction an important concept of the play? What actions spark the most significant reactions?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)