|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He robbed a man.
(b) He got drunk.
(c) He spilled sauce on his clothes while eating.
(d) He got in a fight.
2. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) How attractive he is.
(b) How wicked he is.
(c) How foolish he is.
(d) How smart he is.
3. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Things being thus, a pair of souls are lost."
(b) "Yet time is left you both-"
(c) "She is, like me, and I like her, resolved."
(d) "That one so excellent should give those parts / All to a second death."
4. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "I'll think on remedy. Pray for yourself."
(b) "Else I'll swear, my fate's my god."
(c) "Beg Heaven to cleanse the leprosy of lust."
(d) "My blessing with thee; we have need to pray."
5. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Run away.
(b) Write music.
(d) Forget him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
3. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
4. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Giovanni try to convince the Friar that his feelings towards Annabella are appropriate in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does the Friar convince Annabella to marry Soranzo?
3. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
4. As of Act 3, Scene 8, where should the audience assume Vasquez's allegiance lies? What does Hippolita vow?
5. What is Richardetto's opinion of what has happened to Hippolita?
6. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
7. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
8. How does Annabella respond to Soranzo's attempts to learn the identity of the baby?
9. Why is Florio apprehensive to Donado's aim in Act 1, Scene 3? What does Donado say that makes him feel better?
10. Why is Giovanni miserable in Act 4, Scene 1? How does he show his unhappiness?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)