|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florio hassle Giovanni about in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Not having a wife.
(b) His affair with Annabella.
(c) Not joining the army.
(d) Always being alone.
2. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
4. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Her father urges her to.
(b) She is afraid of Poggio.
(c) She doesn't wish to be impolite.
(d) She is excited to see what it says.
5. What does Giovanni announce to the audience in his monologue in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he has decided to kill himself.
(b) That he is to kill Annabella.
(c) That he has prayed but still loves Annabella.
(d) That he is to leave his home forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is Hippolita wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the letter like that Bergetto has written for Annabella in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
3. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
4. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
5. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
6. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
7. How does Act 3, Scene 8 begin?
8. In detail, what does Annabella want in Act 5, Scene 1?
9. How does the Friar respond to what Giovanni says in the first scene of the play?
10. What actions of Act 2, Scene 1 are most significant?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)