Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
2. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Her father urges her to.
(b) She is excited to see what it says.
(c) She doesn't wish to be impolite.
(d) She is afraid of Poggio.
3. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
(a) Florio and Soranzo.
(b) Vasquez and Grimaldi.
(c) Grimaldi and Florio.
(d) Vasquez and Donado.
4. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His parents are very religious.
(b) He was sure Giovanni was in love with Hippolita.
(c) He prays so often.
(d) He is a well to-do and educated man.
5. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "Aye, marry, that will be excellent."
(b) "If all fails, itis but the fortune of a fool."
(c) "Poggio, 'twill do, Poggio!"
(d) "Peace, innocent."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is Richardetto?
3. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Florio hassle Giovanni about in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Bergetto when he enters Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Where is the Friar going to go at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What signal of Act 2, Scene 6 shows the growing severity of the relationship between Annabella and Giovanni?
4. Why does Richardetto say that Annabella is sick? What does Florio say he has done in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What is the letter like that Bergetto has written for Annabella in Act 2, Scene 4?
6. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
7. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
8. As of Act 3, Scene 8, where should the audience assume Vasquez's allegiance lies? What does Hippolita vow?
9. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
10. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)