|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
(b) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
(c) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
(d) "O how my thoughts are-"
3. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is special about the horse of Bergetto's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He speaks.
(b) He flies.
(c) His head is where his tail is.
(d) He has eight legs.
5. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What does Florio mistake Annabella's love for Giovanni for?
4. What does Bergetto insult of Annabella's in the letter in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the Friar going to go at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. How does Act 3, Scene 8 begin?
4. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
5. How does Annabella respond to Soranzo's attempts to learn the identity of the baby?
6. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
7. What does Putana do that gets her into trouble in Act 4, Scene 3? What happens to her?
8. What is the letter like that Bergetto has written for Annabella in Act 2, Scene 4?
9. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
10. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)