|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about the horse of Bergetto's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He speaks.
(b) He flies.
(c) He has eight legs.
(d) His head is where his tail is.
2. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) She is excited to see what it says.
(b) She doesn't wish to be impolite.
(c) Her father urges her to.
(d) She is afraid of Poggio.
3. Who is the last character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
2. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
5. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
2. Summarize what happens in Act 2, Scene 6 with regards to the letter given to Annabella.
3. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
4. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
5. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
6. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
7. What has happened in Act 3, Scene 7?
8. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
9. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
10. What is the poem like that Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)