|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
2. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He can't read his own handwriting.
(b) He is embarrassed of his reading voice.
(c) He feels it is Poggio's duty.
(d) He can't read.
3. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "O how my thoughts are-"
(b) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
(c) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
(d) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
(d) The Friar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
2. What is the first word of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What is the only city that is referenced in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Bergetto do as Donado says goodbye to Florio in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How do Act 2, Scene 4 and 5 parallel one another?
3. What does Putana do that gets her into trouble in Act 4, Scene 3? What happens to her?
4. What is the conversation like between Soranzo and Annabella in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What do Bergetto and Poggio discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
7. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
8. What are Annabella and Giovanni speaking of when he kills her? How does she respond?
9. How does Act 4, Scene 3 end?
10. What do the Friar and Giovanni discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)