|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
3. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
(a) That she, and the money she will obtain, will go to the right man.
(b) That she never loses her flawless beauty.
(c) That she becomes educated.
(d) That she be treated like a lady all her life.
4. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) A gold bar.
(b) The ring her mother gave her.
(c) The ring she inherited from her grandfather.
(d) A pocket watch she was given as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
5. What is Hippolita wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Annabella and Giovanni want for their love after their deaths?
2. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
3. What does Putana do that gets her into trouble in Act 4, Scene 3? What happens to her?
4. How does Act 3, Scene 8 begin?
5. Why is it ironic that Giovanni doesn't want Annabella to get married in Act 2, Scene 5? What does this suggest?
6. In detail, what does Annabella want in Act 5, Scene 1?
7. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
8. How does Hippolita enter Act 4, Scene 1? What happens to her?
9. How does Annabella respond to Soranzo's attempts to learn the identity of the baby?
10. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)