|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
(a) "Uncle, you pray your letters could sound of mine in time!"
(b) "How brilliant my words sound! yes, uncle?"
(c) "You feel jealous you wrote other notes, I know."
(d) "Aha! here's stuff, uncle!"
2. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
(a) A nothing.
(b) A wretch.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A worm.
4. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
(a) Praying for redemption.
(b) Annabella getting married.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) None are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
2. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
4. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
5. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we learn in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the marriage plans for Annabella?
2. Why is Giovanni miserable in Act 4, Scene 1? How does he show his unhappiness?
3. How do Act 2, Scene 4 and 5 parallel one another?
4. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
5. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
6. What did Annabella and Giovanni want for their love after their deaths?
7. As of Act 3, Scene 8, where should the audience assume Vasquez's allegiance lies? What does Hippolita vow?
8. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
9. What signal of Act 2, Scene 6 shows the growing severity of the relationship between Annabella and Giovanni?
10. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)