|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
(a) "You feel jealous you wrote other notes, I know."
(b) "Uncle, you pray your letters could sound of mine in time!"
(c) "How brilliant my words sound! yes, uncle?"
(d) "Aha! here's stuff, uncle!"
2. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
4. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "O how my thoughts are-"
(b) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
(c) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
(d) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
5. What does Florio hassle Giovanni about in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Not having a wife.
(b) Always being alone.
(c) His affair with Annabella.
(d) Not joining the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first word of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Donado wish for the gift given to Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Florio apprehensive to Donado's aim in Act 1, Scene 3? What does Donado say that makes him feel better?
2. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
3. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Summarize what happens in Act 2, Scene 6 with regards to the letter given to Annabella.
5. Why is Giovanni miserable in Act 4, Scene 1? How does he show his unhappiness?
6. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
7. What has happened in Act 3, Scene 7?
8. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
9. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
10. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)