|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(b) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(c) Florio's hospitality.
(d) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
2. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
3. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because of her dead husband.
(b) Over the way she is treated by Soranzo.
(c) Her father is ill.
(d) Because of Annabella's beauty.
4. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His parents are very religious.
(b) He was sure Giovanni was in love with Hippolita.
(c) He is a well to-do and educated man.
(d) He prays so often.
5. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
2. Did Giovanni avenge Annabella?
3. What are Annabella and Giovanni speaking of when he kills her? How does she respond?
4. What do the Friar and Giovanni discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
6. What has happened to Giovanni's feelings towards Annabella in Act 5, Scene 3?
7. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
8. What is the poem like that Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
10. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)