|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
(d) The Friar.
2. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) She says she would rather die.
(b) She needs time to think it over.
(c) She politely says she will not.
(d) The letter and the gift make her question her previous opinion of Bergetto.
3. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
(a) That she becomes educated.
(b) That she be treated like a lady all her life.
(c) That she, and the money she will obtain, will go to the right man.
(d) That she never loses her flawless beauty.
4. Who are brother and sister?
(a) Giovanni and Annabella.
(b) Florio and Putana.
(c) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(d) Donado and Annabella.
5. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Donado wish for the gift given to Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Philotis enter Act 2, Scene 1 with?
4. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final scene like after Giovanni has died? What happens to Vasquez?
2. How does Hippolita enter Act 4, Scene 1? What happens to her?
3. How does the Friar respond to what Giovanni says in the first scene of the play?
4. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she plan to do?
5. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
6. What is Annabella fearful for in Act 5, Scene 5?
7. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
8. What did Annabella and Giovanni want for their love after their deaths?
9. Why is Giovanni miserable in Act 4, Scene 1? How does he show his unhappiness?
10. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2? What will happen?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)