|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Friar suggest Giovanni remedy his emotions that the men discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Run away.
(b) Give money to the church.
(c) Solitary prayer.
(d) Community service.
2. Who of the following characters is NOT included in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(b) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(c) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(d) Florio's hospitality.
4. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) The ring her mother gave her.
(b) The ring she inherited from her grandfather.
(c) A pocket watch she was given as a child.
(d) A gold bar.
5. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about the horse of Bergetto's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Which of the following does Donado say he is to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
4. Who is a servant?
5. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the Friar going to go at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
3. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
4. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
5. What signal of Act 2, Scene 6 shows the growing severity of the relationship between Annabella and Giovanni?
6. What actions of Act 2, Scene 1 are most significant?
7. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
8. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
9. What is Annabella fearful for in Act 5, Scene 5?
10. How does Act 3, Scene 8 begin?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)