|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Do not betray me to your mirth or hate."
(b) "I durst not say I loved; nor scarcely think it."
(c) "Let's learn to court in smiles, to kiss and sleep."
(d) "Love me, or kill me, sister."
2. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
3. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
(d) The Friar.
4. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
5. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
2. Why does Richardetto say that Annabella is sick? What does Florio say he has done in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
4. What does Donado try to convince Florio in Act 1, Scene 3? Does he succeed?
5. How does Giovanni try to convince the Friar that his feelings towards Annabella are appropriate in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. How does Annabella respond to Soranzo's attempts to learn the identity of the baby?
7. In detail, what does Annabella want in Act 5, Scene 1?
8. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
9. As of Act 3, Scene 8, where should the audience assume Vasquez's allegiance lies? What does Hippolita vow?
10. What is the final scene like after Giovanni has died? What happens to Vasquez?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)