|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
(a) Vasquez and Donado.
(b) Grimaldi and Florio.
(c) Florio and Soranzo.
(d) Vasquez and Grimaldi.
2. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
3. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(a) The Friar.
4. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Do not betray me to your mirth or hate."
(b) "I durst not say I loved; nor scarcely think it."
(c) "Let's learn to court in smiles, to kiss and sleep."
(d) "Love me, or kill me, sister."
5. Who is Philotis?
(a) An artist.
(b) A musician.
(c) A writer.
(d) A female soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Richardetto from?
2. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Giovanni announce to the audience in his monologue in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we learn in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the marriage plans for Annabella?
2. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
3. Where is the Friar going to go at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. How does the Friar convince Annabella to marry Soranzo?
5. What signal of Act 2, Scene 6 shows the growing severity of the relationship between Annabella and Giovanni?
6. Who is fighting in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this duel unusual?
7. How does Annabella respond to Soranzo's attempts to learn the identity of the baby?
8. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
9. How do Act 2, Scene 4 and 5 parallel one another?
10. What has happened to Bergetto when he enters Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)