|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
(b) The Friar.
2. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) A bad lover.
(b) A loner.
(c) Her husband.
4. Who are brother and sister?
(a) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(b) Donado and Annabella.
(c) Giovanni and Annabella.
(d) Florio and Putana.
5. What is Richardetto plotting in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To kill Giovanni.
(b) To kidnap Annabella.
(c) To seduce Hippolita.
(d) To take revenge on Hippolita.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wishes to speak with Annabella privately in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Philotis enter Act 2, Scene 1 with?
3. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What is Hippolita wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
2. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How does Richardetto convince Grimaldi to murder Soranzo? How is this to happen?
5. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
6. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
7. Why is Giovanni miserable in Act 4, Scene 1? How does he show his unhappiness?
8. What is the final scene like after Giovanni has died? What happens to Vasquez?
9. What does Giovanni think has happened to Annabella in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5?
10. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)