|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
3. What does Giovanni announce to the audience in his monologue in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he has prayed but still loves Annabella.
(b) That he is to leave his home forever.
(c) That he has decided to kill himself.
(d) That he is to kill Annabella.
4. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A man sent by an enemy of Giovanni's.
(b) Soranzo's brother.
(c) Hippolita's husband.
(d) Annabella's real father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 4, Scene 3 end?
2. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
3. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
4. In detail, what does Annabella want in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
6. What is the letter like that Bergetto has written for Annabella in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. How does Act 3, Scene 8 begin?
8. Why is it ironic that Giovanni doesn't want Annabella to get married in Act 2, Scene 5? What does this suggest?
9. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
10. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2? What will happen?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)