|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a servant?
2. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
(d) The Friar.
3. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Bergetto to court Annabella.
(b) Giovanni to join the army.
(c) Bergetto to marry Annabella.
(d) Donado to come to their home that evening.
4. Who says "O coxcomb, what doth he make here?" in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. What does Philotis enter Act 2, Scene 1 with?
(a) A lute.
(b) A dog.
(c) A sword.
(d) A canvas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
2. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
3. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
4. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
5. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
2. How does Richardetto convince Grimaldi to murder Soranzo? How is this to happen?
3. How does the Friar convince Annabella to marry Soranzo?
4. What signal of Act 2, Scene 6 shows the growing severity of the relationship between Annabella and Giovanni?
5. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
6. What is the poem like that Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
8. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
9. How does Giovanni enter the final scene of the play? What does this provoke?
10. What has happened to Bergetto when he enters Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)