|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(b) The Friar.
2. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Things being thus, a pair of souls are lost."
(b) "She is, like me, and I like her, resolved."
(c) "That one so excellent should give those parts / All to a second death."
(d) "Yet time is left you both-"
3. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) How foolish he is.
(b) How wicked he is.
(c) How smart he is.
(d) How attractive he is.
4. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
5. What is special about the horse of Bergetto's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) His head is where his tail is.
(b) He has eight legs.
(c) He speaks.
(d) He flies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
2. What does Hippolita try to convince Vasquez in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Bergetto insult of Annabella's in the letter in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does Giovanni announce to the audience in his monologue in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Friar warn Giovanni of Act 5, Scene 3? What is Giovanni's response?
2. Why is Florio apprehensive to Donado's aim in Act 1, Scene 3? What does Donado say that makes him feel better?
3. How does Act 3, Scene 8 begin?
4. How do Act 2, Scene 4 and 5 parallel one another?
5. What actions of Act 2, Scene 1 are most significant?
6. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
7. Why is it ironic that Giovanni doesn't want Annabella to get married in Act 2, Scene 5? What does this suggest?
8. Why is Giovanni miserable in Act 4, Scene 1? How does he show his unhappiness?
9. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
10. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)