|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A dove.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A painting.
2. What does Giovanni announce to the audience in his monologue in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he has prayed but still loves Annabella.
(b) That he is to leave his home forever.
(c) That he is to kill Annabella.
(d) That he has decided to kill himself.
3. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) The Friar.
4. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
(a) A verbal argument.
(b) A love scene.
(c) A duel.
(d) A calm courtyard conversation.
5. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He got drunk.
(b) He got in a fight.
(c) He spilled sauce on his clothes while eating.
(d) He robbed a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
3. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
2. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
3. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she plan to do?
4. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
5. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
6. How do Act 2, Scene 4 and 5 parallel one another?
7. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
8. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
9. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
10. Why is Florio apprehensive to Donado's aim in Act 1, Scene 3? What does Donado say that makes him feel better?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)