|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
2. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
3. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because of her dead husband.
(b) Over the way she is treated by Soranzo.
(c) Because of Annabella's beauty.
(d) Her father is ill.
5. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He spilled sauce on his clothes while eating.
(b) He got in a fight.
(c) He got drunk.
(d) He robbed a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Bergetto insult of Annabella's in the letter in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Cardinal's behavior in Act 3, Scene 8 surprising?
2. What does Donado try to convince Florio in Act 1, Scene 3? Does he succeed?
3. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
4. How do Act 2, Scene 4 and 5 parallel one another?
5. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
6. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
7. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
8. What is Annabella fearful for in Act 5, Scene 5?
9. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
10. What is Richardetto's opinion of what has happened to Hippolita?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)