|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hippolita try to convince Vasquez in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That Soranzo will abandon him in some way.
(b) That he should marry Annabella.
(c) That he should kill Annabella.
(d) That they should marry.
2. Who has Florio given his approval to marry his daughter?
3. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A man sent by an enemy of Giovanni's.
(b) Annabella's real father.
(c) Soranzo's brother.
(d) Hippolita's husband.
4. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Who is Philotis?
4. Who of the following characters is NOT included in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hippolita enter Act 4, Scene 1? What happens to her?
2. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is the final scene like after Giovanni has died? What happens to Vasquez?
4. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
5. How does the Friar respond to what Giovanni says in the first scene of the play?
6. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
7. What does Giovanni think has happened to Annabella in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 5?
8. What does the Friar warn Giovanni of Act 5, Scene 3? What is Giovanni's response?
9. Why is it ironic that Giovanni doesn't want Annabella to get married in Act 2, Scene 5? What does this suggest?
10. Summarize the conversation between Annabella and Putana.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)