|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
2. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
3. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Hippolita's husband.
(b) Annabella's real father.
(c) A man sent by an enemy of Giovanni's.
(d) Soranzo's brother.
4. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
5. What does Bergetto do as Donado says goodbye to Florio in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Insults Florio.
(b) Fights with Poggio.
(c) Talks about all the women he could have.
(d) Insults Annabella.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who wishes to speak with Annabella privately in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
4. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have Annabella and Giovanni done? What do they discuss after?
2. How does Hippolita enter Act 4, Scene 1? What happens to her?
3. What is Richardetto's opinion of what has happened to Hippolita?
4. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
5. What happens after Giovanni confesses his love to his sister?
6. How does the Friar convince Annabella to marry Soranzo?
7. What are the schemes of Act 3, Scene 5?
8. What do the Friar and Giovanni discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. Why does Richardetto say that Annabella is sick? What does Florio say he has done in Act 3, Scene 3?
10. What did Annabella and Giovanni want for their love after their deaths?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)