|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A bad lover.
(d) A loner.
2. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
(a) Annabella getting married.
(b) None are correct.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) Praying for redemption.
3. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Yet time is left you both-"
(b) "Things being thus, a pair of souls are lost."
(c) "That one so excellent should give those parts / All to a second death."
(d) "She is, like me, and I like her, resolved."
4. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richardetto plotting in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. "You are past all rules of sense." Who says this in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2? What will happen?
2. Why is it ironic that Giovanni doesn't want Annabella to get married in Act 2, Scene 5? What does this suggest?
3. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
5. What do we learn in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the marriage plans for Annabella?
6. What does Donado try to convince Florio in Act 1, Scene 3? Does he succeed?
7. What is the poem like that Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What does the Friar warn Giovanni of Act 5, Scene 3? What is Giovanni's response?
9. Why is Giovanni miserable in Act 4, Scene 1? How does he show his unhappiness?
10. Where is the Friar going to go at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)