|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
2. Which of the following does Donado say he is to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Writer and deliverer.
(b) Assistant and chief.
(c) Secretary and messenger.
(d) Mind and legs.
3. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A man sent by an enemy of Giovanni's.
(b) Hippolita's husband.
(c) Annabella's real father.
(d) Soranzo's brother.
4. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
(a) He wishes not to force Annabella against her will.
(b) He wants to build an orphanage with his wealth.
(c) He speaks of his love for all people.
(d) He speaks how his son and daughter mean more to him than anything.
5. What is special about the horse of Bergetto's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He speaks.
(b) His head is where his tail is.
(c) He flies.
(d) He has eight legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Richardetto?
2. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who gives Annabella the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2? What will happen?
2. How does Annabella respond to all the attention she gets from the men of the play? Which character enters Act 1, Scene 2 that strikes her liking the most?
3. What does Putana do that gets her into trouble in Act 4, Scene 3? What happens to her?
4. Who is Richardetto, truly? What is his grievance within the plot?
5. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
6. Why is Soranzo upset in Act 4, Scene 3? How does he treat his new wife?
7. How does Giovanni's tone change from the beginning to the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
8. In detail, what does Annabella want in Act 5, Scene 1?
9. What is the conversation like between Soranzo and Annabella in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What are Annabella and Giovanni speaking of when he kills her? How does she respond?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)