|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A painting.
(c) A dove.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
4. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
(a) "Uncle, you pray your letters could sound of mine in time!"
(b) "You feel jealous you wrote other notes, I know."
(c) "How brilliant my words sound! yes, uncle?"
(d) "Aha! here's stuff, uncle!"
5. What does Hippolita try to convince Vasquez in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That Soranzo will abandon him in some way.
(b) That he should kill Annabella.
(c) That he should marry Annabella.
(d) That they should marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
3. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who of the following characters is NOT included in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Donado try to convince Florio in Act 1, Scene 3? Does he succeed?
2. What story does Bergetto enter Act 1, Scene 3 telling?
3. What does Giovanni do after he kills Annabella?
4. How do Act 2, Scene 4 and 5 parallel one another?
5. How does Act 4, Scene 3 end?
6. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
7. How has Bergetto's time with Annabella gone, as per his recap in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. What actions of Act 2, Scene 1 are most significant?
9. How does Hippolita enter Act 4, Scene 1? What happens to her?
10. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)