|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) She politely says she will not.
(b) She needs time to think it over.
(c) The letter and the gift make her question her previous opinion of Bergetto.
(d) She says she would rather die.
2. Who has Florio given his approval to marry his daughter?
3. Who does Bergetto find to be the most beautiful as of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
(b) "O how my thoughts are-"
(c) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
(d) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
5. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Things being thus, a pair of souls are lost."
(b) "Yet time is left you both-"
(c) "That one so excellent should give those parts / All to a second death."
(d) "She is, like me, and I like her, resolved."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Friar suggest Giovanni remedy his emotions that the men discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Florio hassle Giovanni about in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What does Hippolita try to convince Vasquez in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
5. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Florio and Giovanni's opinions of Soranzo in Act 3, Scene 2.
2. What is Annabella fearful for in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. Why has Florio sent for a doctor for Annabella? What does this doctor bring?
4. Summarize what happens in Act 2, Scene 6 with regards to the letter given to Annabella.
5. What did Annabella and Giovanni want for their love after their deaths?
6. What is the poem like that Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. How does Richardetto convince Grimaldi to murder Soranzo? How is this to happen?
8. How does Act 2, Scene 6 end?
9. What is the revelation of Act 3, Scene 3? What is to be done?
10. What are the different reactions to what has happened to Hippolita in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)