|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Friar make of what has happened in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) It is a bad omen.
(b) It is fate.
(c) It is the mark of the end of evil.
(d) It is good luck.
2. What is the major conflict of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Florio has learned of Annabella and Giovanni.
(b) Putana is blackmailing Giovanni.
(c) Annabella is pregnant.
(d) Annabella is dying.
3. What does Annabella reflect on in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Her child.
(b) Her love for Giovanni.
(d) Her new love for Soranzo.
4. When is the marriage of Soranzo and Annabella planned for as of Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) A week.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What does Bergetto call his uncle in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) "Fish faced."
6. "The wildness of thy ____ draws to an end." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 3 finished?
7. Why does Annabella tell Soranzo she married him in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) She wanted him to father her child.
(b) For honor, not love.
(c) She always loved him.
(d) She wanted more children with him.
8. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 1?
9. What does Giovanni say "shall be consumed to ashes in a minute" in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "This earth holding our love."
(b) "Our flower and tree."
(c) "This globe of earth."
(d) "This world and this day."
10. How does Putana finish this quote, telling Giovanni he is in trouble in Act 3, Scene 3: "Y'are ____."?
11. What emotion do Bergetto and Poggio discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
12. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) The Friar.
13. "O, would the scourge due to my ____ offence". How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 1 finished?
14. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
15. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Keep her as a mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vasquez's reaction to Putana's action in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. What is Annabella's last line of Act 4, Scene 3?
4. "Follow this temper with some passion." Who says this quote from Act 4, Scene 3?
5. What does Soranzo say is on fire in Act 5, Scene 2?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)