|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richardetto tell Grimaldi in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) That Philotis loves him.
(b) He shouldn't kill Soranzo anymore.
(c) He must kill Soranzo immediately.
(d) He wants him to kill Soranzo in a different way than planned.
2. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) "Trust only I."
(b) "I am infinitely yours."
(c) "I safely oblige to you."
(d) "Worry not, for my aid is yours."
3. What does Soranzo offer Giovanni that he refuses in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A hug.
(b) A ring.
(c) A toast.
(d) A song.
4. How does Putana finish this quote, telling Giovanni he is in trouble in Act 3, Scene 3: "Y'are ____."?
5. What is it that Soranzo wants Annabella to say in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Where Giovanni is.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she will kill Giovanni.
(d) The identity of the father.
6. What does Giovanni say "shall be consumed to ashes in a minute" in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "Our flower and tree."
(b) "This world and this day."
(c) "This globe of earth."
(d) "This earth holding our love."
7. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 9?
(a) "Justice is fled to Heaven and comes no nearer."
(b) "Come, come Donado, there's no help in this."
(c) "Great men may do their wills; we must obey."
(d) "But Heaven will judge them for't another day."
8. What does Vasquez do in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Poison Hippolita.
(b) Poison Annabella.
(c) Poison Soranzo.
(d) Poison himself.
9. What is Annabella going to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
(b) End her affair with Giovanni.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Marry Soranzo.
10. Why does Annabella claim to be ill according to Richardetto in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) She caught a cold.
(b) She is menstruating.
(c) She hasn't been sleeping well.
(d) She ate bad melon.
11. Who enters Act 4, Scene 1 masked?
12. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) The Friar.
13. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 1?
14. "These are the _____ tears." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 5 finished?
15. "My belief is streghtened; 'tis as firm as ____ and ____. Finish this quote from Act 4, Scene 3.
(a) Night, day.
(b) Fire, ice.
(c) Spring, fall.
(d) Winter, summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 3, Scene 9?
2. What does Annabella say she welcomes in the last line of Act 5, Scene 1?
3. When is the marriage of Soranzo and Annabella planned for as of Act 3, Scene 8?
4. Who speaks first in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)