|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a word that Giovanni uses in his aside to mark his disgust for the wedding of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. "My belief is streghtened; 'tis as firm as ____ and ____. Finish this quote from Act 4, Scene 3.
(a) Winter, summer.
(b) Spring, fall.
(c) Night, day.
(d) Fire, ice.
3. What is Annabella's last line of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) "Pish, do not beg for me; I prize my life / As nothing."
(b) "Sir, on my knees-"
(c) "O my lord!"
(d) "I must confess, I know you loved me well."
4. What does Poggio repeat three times at the end of Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) "Oh God."
(b) "My master."
(d) "I will avenge."
5. What does Annabella say she welcomes in the last line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(c) Her child.
(d) A new life.
6. What does Florio announce in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) That Giovanni has gone missing.
(b) That he has been called abroad for work.
(c) Annabella's mother showed similar symptoms to Annabella's before dying.
(d) Annabella will be married to Soranzo within a few days.
7. What does Annabella make Soranzo swear to secrecy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Her illness.
(b) Her response.
(c) Her identity.
(d) Her affair with Giovanni.
8. What does Giovanni say "shall be consumed to ashes in a minute" in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "This world and this day."
(b) "Our flower and tree."
(c) "This globe of earth."
(d) "This earth holding our love."
9. What has Annabella prepared that she gives to the Friar in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A song.
(c) A letter.
(d) A poem.
10. Who is the first character to speak in Act 3, Scene 9?
(d) The Cardinal.
11. What does Putana do of importance in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Tells Vasquez about Giovanni and Annabella.
(b) Threatens to kill Vasquez.
(c) Confesses her love for Florio.
(d) Speaks poorly of Soranzo.
12. Who are the last to enter Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Putana and Giovanni.
(b) The Friar and Giovanni.
(c) The Friar and Giovanni.
(d) Annabella and Putana.
13. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) "I am infinitely yours."
(b) "I safely oblige to you."
(c) "Worry not, for my aid is yours."
(d) "Trust only I."
14. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
(c) The Friar.
15. "Follow this temper with some passion." Who says this quote from Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni ask of the sun in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. What are Annabella and Giovanni doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 9?
5. What does Vasquez convince Soranzo to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)