|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "My belief is streghtened; 'tis as firm as ____ and ____. Finish this quote from Act 4, Scene 3.
(a) Fire, ice.
(b) Winter, summer.
(c) Night, day.
(d) Spring, fall.
2. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She kisses Soranzo.
(b) She gets sick.
(c) She sings.
(d) She cries.
3. "These are the _____ tears." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 5 finished?
4. What has Annabella prepared that she gives to the Friar in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) A letter.
(b) A song.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A poem.
5. What does the Friar speak of to Annabella in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Giovanni as a husband.
(b) Stories of other sinners.
(c) The hell she is doomed to.
(d) Her mother in heaven.
6. "Let rash report run on; the breath that vents it / Will, like a bubble, break itself at last." Who says this quote in Act 4, Scene 1?
7. What does Vasquez do in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Poison Soranzo.
(b) Poison Hippolita.
(c) Poison himself.
(d) Poison Annabella.
8. "'Tis pain, she laughs at me!" Who says this quote from Act 3, Scene 2?
9. What does Annabella triumph over according to Giovanni in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "Infamy and hate."
(b) "Ignorance and evil."
(c) "Intolerance and pain."
(d) "Storms and torture."
10. What does Richardetto tell Grimaldi in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He must kill Soranzo immediately.
(b) He wants him to kill Soranzo in a different way than planned.
(c) He shouldn't kill Soranzo anymore.
(d) That Philotis loves him.
11. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Keep her as a mistress.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Make love to her.
12. What must Giovanni remind himself at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To kill Soranzo.
(b) His love for Annabella was wrong.
(c) He is going to hell.
(d) To be brave.
13. What does Giovanni ask of the sun in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To burn the world.
(b) To explode.
(c) To burn Soranzo.
(d) To be dark.
14. Before Soranzo reenters Act 4, Scene 3, who is the last person to enter the scene?
(c) The Friar.
15. What does Soranzo say is on fire in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) His blood.
(b) His life.
(c) His heart.
(d) His smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. What does Annabella try to convince Giovanni of in Act 5, Scene 5?
4. What does Bergetto say Philotis gave him in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. When is the marriage of Soranzo and Annabella planned for as of Act 3, Scene 8?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)