|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "I would have pawned for my heart."
(b) "And boldly act my last greater part!"
(c) "Triumphing over infamy and hate!"
(d) "Hath had from me a cradle and a grave."
2. How does Putana finish this quote, telling Giovanni he is in trouble in Act 3, Scene 3: "Y'are ____."?
3. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Vasquez and Hippolita.
(b) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(c) Vasquez and Poggio.
(d) Vasquez and Soranzo.
4. Who is the last to speak in Act 5, Scene 4?
(c) The Cardinal.
5. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 5?
6. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
(b) Uncle and niece.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Father and daughter.
7. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Keep her as a mistress.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Run away with her.
8. How many characters speak in Act 5, Scene 3?
9. "'Tis pain, she laughs at me!" Who says this quote from Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What does Richardetto tell Grimaldi in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) That Philotis loves him.
(b) He shouldn't kill Soranzo anymore.
(c) He must kill Soranzo immediately.
(d) He wants him to kill Soranzo in a different way than planned.
11. What does Soranzo say is on fire in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) His blood.
(b) His smile.
(c) His heart.
(d) His life.
12. Who does Annabella say guards her in Act 5, Scene 5?
13. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "Heaven forbid!"
(b) "But what she said I'll tell thee as we go."
(c) "I take that promise."
(d) "Her life's in danger."
14. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) "Worry not, for my aid is yours."
(b) "Trust only I."
(c) "I am infinitely yours."
(d) "I safely oblige to you."
15. What does Vasquez convince Soranzo to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Act calmly to learn the identity of the father.
(b) Smother Annabella with gifts and love to learn the whereabouts of Giovanni.
(c) Have Vasquez killed.
(d) Have Giovanni killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soranzo say has protected him from dying in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. When is the marriage of Soranzo and Annabella planned for as of Act 3, Scene 8?
3. What is Vasquez's reaction to Putana's action in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. What do Richardetto and Philotis speak of in Act 3, Scene 5?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)