|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Putana do of importance in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Threatens to kill Vasquez.
(b) Tells Vasquez about Giovanni and Annabella.
(c) Confesses her love for Florio.
(d) Speaks poorly of Soranzo.
2. What has Annabella prepared that she gives to the Friar in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A song.
(c) A letter.
(d) A poem.
3. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. What do Richardetto and Philotis speak of in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Philotis and Bergetto are to be married.
(b) Philotis is to kill Bergetto.
(c) Whether or not they trust Grimaldi.
(d) How happy they are Soranzo will soon be dead.
5. What does Hippolita pretend to do in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Kiss Soranzo.
(b) Kill Soranzo.
(c) Dance with Annabella.
(d) Forgive Soranzo.
6. What is Grimaldi doing in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 7?
7. Who does Grimaldi mistake Bergetto and Philotis for in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Soranzo and Annabella.
(b) Soranzo and Philotis.
(c) Soranzo and Vasquez.
(d) Annabella and Giovanni.
8. "The wildness of thy ____ draws to an end." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 3 finished?
9. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Uncle and niece.
10. What does Florio announce in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) That he has been called abroad for work.
(b) That Giovanni has gone missing.
(c) Annabella's mother showed similar symptoms to Annabella's before dying.
(d) Annabella will be married to Soranzo within a few days.
11. What does Giovanni ask of the sun in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To burn the world.
(b) To burn Soranzo.
(c) To explode.
(d) To be dark.
12. What are Annabella and Giovanni doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Hiding in a dungeon.
(b) Praying on their knees.
(c) Lying on a bed.
(d) Sitting in a courtyard.
13. What is Annabella's last line of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) "Sir, on my knees-"
(b) "Pish, do not beg for me; I prize my life / As nothing."
(c) "O my lord!"
(d) "I must confess, I know you loved me well."
14. What does Annabella repeat as she dies?
(a) "Eternity, eternity."
(b) "The fear, the fear."
(c) "Amour, amour."
(d) "Unkind, unkind."
15. Who enters Act 4, Scene 1 masked?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
2. What does Giovanni tell Putana to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. What is the major conflict of Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Why does Annabella tell Soranzo she married him in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)