|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richardetto tell Grimaldi in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) That Philotis loves him.
(b) He shouldn't kill Soranzo anymore.
(c) He wants him to kill Soranzo in a different way than planned.
(d) He must kill Soranzo immediately.
2. "Follow this temper with some passion." Who says this quote from Act 4, Scene 3?
3. "Let rash report run on; the breath that vents it / Will, like a bubble, break itself at last." Who says this quote in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. What does Poggio repeat three times at the end of Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) "Oh God."
(b) "I will avenge."
(c) "My master."
5. What does Soranzo say has protected him from dying in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) "The hand of goodness."
(b) "The love of God."
(c) No answer is correct.
(d) "The validity of my goodness."
6. How is the following quote from Act 3, Scene 2 finished: "To live and die _____."?
(a) "A maid."
(b) "As one."
7. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
8. "Her sickness is a fullness of her _____." How does Richardetto finish this quote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) No answer is correct.
9. What does the Friar make of what has happened in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) It is good luck.
(b) It is the mark of the end of evil.
(c) It is fate.
(d) It is a bad omen.
10. When is the marriage of Soranzo and Annabella planned for as of Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A week.
11. Who says Bergetto "meant no man harm"?
12. What must Giovanni remind himself at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To be brave.
(b) To kill Soranzo.
(c) He is going to hell.
(d) His love for Annabella was wrong.
13. What does Giovanni ask of the sun in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To burn Soranzo.
(b) To explode.
(c) To be dark.
(d) To burn the world.
14. Why is the Friar happy in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Annabella's child isn't Giovanni's afterall.
(b) Annabella is to join the convent.
(c) Annabella has given him money.
(d) Annabella's soul is saved.
15. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She gets sick.
(b) She cries.
(c) She sings.
(d) She kisses Soranzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. "'Tis pain, she laughs at me!" Who says this quote from Act 3, Scene 2?
2. "_____ man, why, 'tis thy fate." How is this quote from Act 4, Scene 3 finished?
3. Who is the last to speak in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
5. Who does Annabella say guards her in Act 5, Scene 5?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)