|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
(a) Uncle and niece.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Father and daughter.
2. Who does Annabella say guards her in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. Why is the Friar happy in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Annabella is to join the convent.
(b) Annabella's soul is saved.
(c) Annabella's child isn't Giovanni's afterall.
(d) Annabella has given him money.
4. What does Annabella repeat as she dies?
(a) "Unkind, unkind."
(b) "Amour, amour."
(c) "Eternity, eternity."
(d) "The fear, the fear."
5. What is it that Soranzo wants Annabella to say in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) Where Giovanni is.
(c) That she will kill Giovanni.
(d) The identity of the father.
6. What does Annabella say she welcomes in the last line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) A new life.
(b) Her child.
7. What does Annabella reflect on in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Her new love for Soranzo.
(b) Her child.
(d) Her love for Giovanni.
8. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 5?
9. Who does Grimaldi mistake Bergetto and Philotis for in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Soranzo and Vasquez.
(b) Soranzo and Philotis.
(c) Soranzo and Annabella.
(d) Annabella and Giovanni.
10. What does Florio announce in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Annabella's mother showed similar symptoms to Annabella's before dying.
(b) That he has been called abroad for work.
(c) Annabella will be married to Soranzo within a few days.
(d) That Giovanni has gone missing.
11. Who speaks first in Act 3, Scene 2?
12. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "Her life's in danger."
(b) "Heaven forbid!"
(c) "But what she said I'll tell thee as we go."
(d) "I take that promise."
13. What is the major conflict of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Putana is blackmailing Giovanni.
(b) Florio has learned of Annabella and Giovanni.
(c) Annabella is pregnant.
(d) Annabella is dying.
14. Which of the following is Giovanni's first aside of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "One such another word would kill his hopes."
(b) "Now she winks."
(c) "Sister, be not all woman: think on me."
(d) "That's true, or somewhat near it."
15. What does Putana do of importance in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Speaks poorly of Soranzo.
(b) Threatens to kill Vasquez.
(c) Confesses her love for Florio.
(d) Tells Vasquez about Giovanni and Annabella.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 5?
2. What is Vasquez's reaction to Putana's action in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Who acts unjustly in Act 3, Scene 9?
5. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)