|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Putana do of importance in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Threatens to kill Vasquez.
(b) Confesses her love for Florio.
(c) Tells Vasquez about Giovanni and Annabella.
(d) Speaks poorly of Soranzo.
2. Which of the following is NOT a word that Giovanni uses in his aside to mark his disgust for the wedding of Act 4, Scene 1?
3. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) "I safely oblige to you."
(b) "Worry not, for my aid is yours."
(c) "Trust only I."
(d) "I am infinitely yours."
4. What does Soranzo offer Giovanni that he refuses in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A hug.
(b) A toast.
(c) A ring.
(d) A song.
5. What does Annabella reflect on in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Her child.
(b) Her love for Giovanni.
(d) Her new love for Soranzo.
6. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Vasquez and Poggio.
(b) Vasquez and Hippolita.
(c) Vasquez and Soranzo.
(d) Soranzo and Hippolita.
7. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 5?
8. "Let rash report run on; the breath that vents it / Will, like a bubble, break itself at last." Who says this quote in Act 4, Scene 1?
9. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "Heaven forbid!"
(b) "But what she said I'll tell thee as we go."
(c) "Her life's in danger."
(d) "I take that promise."
10. When is the marriage of Soranzo and Annabella planned for as of Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) A week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
11. "The wildness of thy ____ draws to an end." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 3 finished?
12. "My belief is streghtened; 'tis as firm as ____ and ____. Finish this quote from Act 4, Scene 3.
(a) Spring, fall.
(b) Winter, summer.
(c) Night, day.
(d) Fire, ice.
13. Who is the first to speak after Bergetto is struck in Act 3, Scene 7?
14. How does Putana finish this quote, telling Giovanni he is in trouble in Act 3, Scene 3: "Y'are ____."?
15. What is it that Soranzo wants Annabella to say in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That she will kill Giovanni.
(b) The identity of the father.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) Where Giovanni is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richardetto's perspective of what has happened as of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Who says Bergetto "meant no man harm"?
3. What does Annabella repeat as she dies?
4. Who acts unjustly in Act 3, Scene 9?
5. "These are the _____ tears." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 5 finished?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)