|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annabella's last line of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) "Pish, do not beg for me; I prize my life / As nothing."
(b) "Sir, on my knees-"
(c) "O my lord!"
(d) "I must confess, I know you loved me well."
2. "Her sickness is a fullness of her _____." How does Richardetto finish this quote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(c) No answer is correct.
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
(d) The Friar.
4. Who enters Act 4, Scene 1 masked?
5. Before Soranzo reenters Act 4, Scene 3, who is the last person to enter the scene?
(d) The Friar.
6. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Keep her as a mistress.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Make love to her.
7. What is Annabella going to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) End her affair with Giovanni.
(c) Marry Soranzo.
(d) Kill herself.
8. What has Annabella prepared that she gives to the Friar in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) A song.
(b) A letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) A prayer.
9. What does Putana do of importance in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Threatens to kill Vasquez.
(b) Confesses her love for Florio.
(c) Tells Vasquez about Giovanni and Annabella.
(d) Speaks poorly of Soranzo.
10. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She sings.
(b) She cries.
(c) She kisses Soranzo.
(d) She gets sick.
11. What does Hippolita pretend to do in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Dance with Annabella.
(b) Kill Soranzo.
(c) Kiss Soranzo.
(d) Forgive Soranzo.
12. "_____ man, why, 'tis thy fate." How is this quote from Act 4, Scene 3 finished?
13. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 9?
(a) "Justice is fled to Heaven and comes no nearer."
(b) "But Heaven will judge them for't another day."
(c) "Come, come Donado, there's no help in this."
(d) "Great men may do their wills; we must obey."
14. How many characters speak in Act 5, Scene 3?
15. What does Annabella say she welcomes in the last line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(b) A new life.
(c) Her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Giovanni remind himself at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
2. Who is the first to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What does Annabella reflect on in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. What emotion do Bergetto and Poggio discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Bergetto say Philotis gave him in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)