|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What are Annabella and Giovanni doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Sitting in a courtyard.
(b) Hiding in a dungeon.
(c) Praying on their knees.
(d) Lying on a bed.
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 3, Scene 9?
(d) The Cardinal.
4. What does Soranzo offer Giovanni that he refuses in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A song.
(b) A hug.
(c) A ring.
(d) A toast.
5. What does Giovanni tell Putana to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Keep Annabella away from Richardetto and Florio.
(b) Lie to Florio that he was lied to about the affair.
(c) Take Annabella for an abortion.
(d) Hide Annabella in another town.
6. What does Annabella try to convince Giovanni of in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) They will die at the party.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To leave their home forever.
(d) To kill Soranzo.
7. "Follow this temper with some passion." Who says this quote from Act 4, Scene 3?
8. What does Giovanni ask of the sun in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To explode.
(b) To be dark.
(c) To burn Soranzo.
(d) To burn the world.
9. Who does Grimaldi mistake Bergetto and Philotis for in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Soranzo and Annabella.
(b) Soranzo and Vasquez.
(c) Annabella and Giovanni.
(d) Soranzo and Philotis.
10. What does the Friar speak of to Annabella in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) The hell she is doomed to.
(b) Stories of other sinners.
(c) Her mother in heaven.
(d) Giovanni as a husband.
11. "_____ man, why, 'tis thy fate." How is this quote from Act 4, Scene 3 finished?
12. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She kisses Soranzo.
(b) She gets sick.
(c) She cries.
(d) She sings.
13. What does Annabella triumph over according to Giovanni in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "Storms and torture."
(b) "Intolerance and pain."
(c) "Ignorance and evil."
(d) "Infamy and hate."
14. What does the Friar make of what has happened in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) It is the mark of the end of evil.
(b) It is good luck.
(c) It is a bad omen.
(d) It is fate.
15. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Run away with her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Keep her as a mistress.
(d) Marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabella tell Soranzo he is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who enters Act 4, Scene 1 masked?
3. What does Annabella say she welcomes in the last line of Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Who is supposed to kill Annabella in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. What does Vasquez convince Soranzo to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)