|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Putana do of importance in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Confesses her love for Florio.
(b) Threatens to kill Vasquez.
(c) Speaks poorly of Soranzo.
(d) Tells Vasquez about Giovanni and Annabella.
2. Who does Grimaldi mistake Bergetto and Philotis for in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Soranzo and Vasquez.
(b) Soranzo and Annabella.
(c) Soranzo and Philotis.
(d) Annabella and Giovanni.
3. What does Richardetto tell Grimaldi in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He must kill Soranzo immediately.
(b) That Philotis loves him.
(c) He wants him to kill Soranzo in a different way than planned.
(d) He shouldn't kill Soranzo anymore.
4. What does Annabella triumph over according to Giovanni in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "Infamy and hate."
(b) "Storms and torture."
(c) "Ignorance and evil."
(d) "Intolerance and pain."
5. "These are the _____ tears." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 5 finished?
6. Which of the following is Giovanni's first aside of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "That's true, or somewhat near it."
(b) "Now she winks."
(c) "Sister, be not all woman: think on me."
(d) "One such another word would kill his hopes."
7. What does Vasquez do in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Poison Annabella.
(b) Poison Hippolita.
(c) Poison Soranzo.
(d) Poison himself.
8. "'Tis pain, she laughs at me!" Who says this quote from Act 3, Scene 2?
9. How is the following quote from Act 3, Scene 2 finished: "To live and die _____."?
(a) "As one."
(c) "A maid."
10. What does Giovanni say "shall be consumed to ashes in a minute" in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "This globe of earth."
(b) "This earth holding our love."
(c) "Our flower and tree."
(d) "This world and this day."
11. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "I would have pawned for my heart."
(b) "Triumphing over infamy and hate!"
(c) "Hath had from me a cradle and a grave."
(d) "And boldly act my last greater part!"
12. Why does Annabella claim to be ill according to Richardetto in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) She caught a cold.
(b) She hasn't been sleeping well.
(c) She is menstruating.
(d) She ate bad melon.
13. What is Annabella going to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) End her affair with Giovanni.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Marry Soranzo.
14. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She gets sick.
(b) She kisses Soranzo.
(c) She sings.
(d) She cries.
15. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(b) Vasquez and Soranzo.
(c) Vasquez and Poggio.
(d) Vasquez and Hippolita.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The wildness of thy ____ draws to an end." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 3 finished?
2. Who speaks first in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who enters Act 4, Scene 1 masked?
4. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)