|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Putana finish this quote, telling Giovanni he is in trouble in Act 3, Scene 3: "Y'are ____."?
2. What does Annabella say she welcomes in the last line of Act 5, Scene 1?
(b) Her child.
(d) A new life.
3. What does Annabella try to convince Giovanni of in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To kill her.
(b) To leave their home forever.
(c) They will die at the party.
(d) To kill Soranzo.
4. "Let rash report run on; the breath that vents it / Will, like a bubble, break itself at last." Who says this quote in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. How many characters speak in Act 5, Scene 3?
6. Who does Grimaldi mistake Bergetto and Philotis for in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Soranzo and Vasquez.
(b) Soranzo and Annabella.
(c) Annabella and Giovanni.
(d) Soranzo and Philotis.
7. What does Annabella triumph over according to Giovanni in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "Storms and torture."
(b) "Intolerance and pain."
(c) "Infamy and hate."
(d) "Ignorance and evil."
8. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 5?
9. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She sings.
(b) She kisses Soranzo.
(c) She cries.
(d) She gets sick.
10. What does Vasquez convince Soranzo to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Smother Annabella with gifts and love to learn the whereabouts of Giovanni.
(b) Have Vasquez killed.
(c) Act calmly to learn the identity of the father.
(d) Have Giovanni killed.
11. What does the Friar speak of to Annabella in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Her mother in heaven.
(b) Stories of other sinners.
(c) The hell she is doomed to.
(d) Giovanni as a husband.
12. What is Annabella's last line of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) "O my lord!"
(b) "I must confess, I know you loved me well."
(c) "Sir, on my knees-"
(d) "Pish, do not beg for me; I prize my life / As nothing."
13. What is Annabella going to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
(b) End her affair with Giovanni.
(c) Marry Soranzo.
(d) Kill herself.
14. What does Soranzo offer Giovanni that he refuses in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A song.
(b) A toast.
(c) A hug.
(d) A ring.
15. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Keep her as a mistress.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Run away with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annabella tell Soranzo she married him in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. "Her sickness is a fullness of her _____." How does Richardetto finish this quote in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. How is the following quote from Act 3, Scene 2 finished: "To live and die _____."?
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. Who speaks first in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)