|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to speak after Bergetto is struck in Act 3, Scene 7?
2. Who says Bergetto "meant no man harm"?
3. What does Soranzo offer Giovanni that he refuses in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A toast.
(b) A ring.
(c) A song.
(d) A hug.
4. What does the Friar speak of to Annabella in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Stories of other sinners.
(b) Giovanni as a husband.
(c) The hell she is doomed to.
(d) Her mother in heaven.
5. What does Annabella tell Soranzo he is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) An abuser.
(b) A looking-glass.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A dog.
6. "Heaven, thou are righteous." Who says this quote in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) The Friar.
7. What has Annabella prepared that she gives to the Friar in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) A song.
(b) A letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) A prayer.
8. When is the marriage of Soranzo and Annabella planned for as of Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) A week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
9. What does Giovanni say "shall be consumed to ashes in a minute" in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "This world and this day."
(b) "This earth holding our love."
(c) "This globe of earth."
(d) "Our flower and tree."
10. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A game.
(b) A feast.
(c) A religious service.
(d) No answer is correct.
11. "'Tis pain, she laughs at me!" Who says this quote from Act 3, Scene 2?
12. Who is the first to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
13. What does Giovanni ask Annabella about their next life in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) If there will be one.
(b) If they will love one another there.
(c) No answer is correct.
(d) If they will see one another.
14. Why is the Friar happy in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Annabella's soul is saved.
(b) Annabella has given him money.
(c) Annabella is to join the convent.
(d) Annabella's child isn't Giovanni's afterall.
15. What is Annabella going to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) End her affair with Giovanni.
(b) Marry Soranzo.
(c) Kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters speak in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. What does Annabella triumph over according to Giovanni in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. Who is the last to speak in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. Which of the following is Giovanni's first aside of Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Who speaks first in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)