|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Giovanni remind himself at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To kill Soranzo.
(b) He is going to hell.
(c) To be brave.
(d) His love for Annabella was wrong.
2. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Keep her as a mistress.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Marry her.
3. Who are the last to enter Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Annabella and Putana.
(b) Putana and Giovanni.
(c) The Friar and Giovanni.
(d) The Friar and Giovanni.
4. How is the following quote from Act 3, Scene 2 finished: "To live and die _____."?
(c) "A maid."
(d) "As one."
5. What does Bergetto say Philotis gave him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) A ring.
6. What are Annabella and Giovanni doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Sitting in a courtyard.
(b) Praying on their knees.
(c) Lying on a bed.
(d) Hiding in a dungeon.
7. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A religious service.
(b) No answer is correct.
(c) A game.
(d) A feast.
8. Who acts unjustly in Act 3, Scene 9?
(d) The Cardinal.
9. "The wildness of thy ____ draws to an end." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 3 finished?
10. Which of the following is Giovanni's first aside of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "Sister, be not all woman: think on me."
(b) "That's true, or somewhat near it."
(c) "Now she winks."
(d) "One such another word would kill his hopes."
11. What does Soranzo say has protected him from dying in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) "The validity of my goodness."
(b) "The love of God."
(c) "The hand of goodness."
(d) No answer is correct.
12. What does Annabella try to convince Giovanni of in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To leave their home forever.
(b) To kill Soranzo.
(c) To kill her.
(d) They will die at the party.
13. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) "I am infinitely yours."
(b) "I safely oblige to you."
(c) "Trust only I."
(d) "Worry not, for my aid is yours."
14. What does Soranzo say is on fire in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) His blood.
(b) His smile.
(c) His life.
(d) His heart.
15. What does Richardetto tell Grimaldi in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He shouldn't kill Soranzo anymore.
(b) That Philotis loves him.
(c) He must kill Soranzo immediately.
(d) He wants him to kill Soranzo in a different way than planned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annabella tell Soranzo she married him in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Why is the Friar happy in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What is the major conflict of Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What is Annabella's last line of Act 4, Scene 3?
5. "My belief is streghtened; 'tis as firm as ____ and ____. Finish this quote from Act 4, Scene 3.
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)