|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Annabella prepared that she gives to the Friar in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) A poem.
(b) A song.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A letter.
2. What must Giovanni remind himself at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) He is going to hell.
(b) To kill Soranzo.
(c) His love for Annabella was wrong.
(d) To be brave.
3. Which of the following is Giovanni's first aside of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "That's true, or somewhat near it."
(b) "One such another word would kill his hopes."
(c) "Now she winks."
(d) "Sister, be not all woman: think on me."
4. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Vasquez and Poggio.
(b) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(c) Vasquez and Hippolita.
(d) Vasquez and Soranzo.
5. "My belief is streghtened; 'tis as firm as ____ and ____. Finish this quote from Act 4, Scene 3.
(a) Night, day.
(b) Fire, ice.
(c) Winter, summer.
(d) Spring, fall.
6. What does Giovanni tell Putana to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Take Annabella for an abortion.
(b) Keep Annabella away from Richardetto and Florio.
(c) Lie to Florio that he was lied to about the affair.
(d) Hide Annabella in another town.
7. What is Vasquez's reaction to Putana's action in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) He has her killed.
(b) Her sends her to a convent.
(c) He speaks poorly of Soranzo.
(d) He tells her Florio loves her.
8. "Her sickness is a fullness of her _____." How does Richardetto finish this quote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) No answer is correct.
9. What is Annabella going to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) End her affair with Giovanni.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Marry Soranzo.
10. Who speaks first in Act 3, Scene 2?
11. What are Annabella and Giovanni doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Sitting in a courtyard.
(b) Hiding in a dungeon.
(c) Praying on their knees.
(d) Lying on a bed.
12. "_____ man, why, 'tis thy fate." How is this quote from Act 4, Scene 3 finished?
13. Why does Annabella claim to be ill according to Richardetto in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) She ate bad melon.
(b) She is menstruating.
(c) She caught a cold.
(d) She hasn't been sleeping well.
14. What does Vasquez do in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Poison Hippolita.
(b) Poison Annabella.
(c) Poison himself.
(d) Poison Soranzo.
15. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
(a) Uncle and niece.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Father and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters speak in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. How does Philotis refer to Grimaldi while she talks to the police in Act 3, Scene 7?
3. What does Annabella repeat as she dies?
4. Who says Bergetto "meant no man harm"?
5. Who are the last to enter Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)