|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vasquez convince Soranzo to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Act calmly to learn the identity of the father.
(b) Have Vasquez killed.
(c) Have Giovanni killed.
(d) Smother Annabella with gifts and love to learn the whereabouts of Giovanni.
2. "O, would the scourge due to my ____ offence". How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 1 finished?
3. Who are the last to enter Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Friar and Giovanni.
(b) Putana and Giovanni.
(c) The Friar and Giovanni.
(d) Annabella and Putana.
4. What does Putana do of importance in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Threatens to kill Vasquez.
(b) Tells Vasquez about Giovanni and Annabella.
(c) Confesses her love for Florio.
(d) Speaks poorly of Soranzo.
5. What does Annabella reflect on in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Her love for Giovanni.
(b) Her child.
(d) Her new love for Soranzo.
6. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) "Worry not, for my aid is yours."
(b) "I safely oblige to you."
(c) "I am infinitely yours."
(d) "Trust only I."
7. What does Soranzo offer Giovanni that he refuses in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A hug.
(b) A ring.
(c) A toast.
(d) A song.
8. How many characters speak in Act 5, Scene 3?
9. "Her sickness is a fullness of her _____." How does Richardetto finish this quote in Act 3, Scene 4?
(b) No answer is correct.
10. What must Giovanni remind himself at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) He is going to hell.
(b) To be brave.
(c) To kill Soranzo.
(d) His love for Annabella was wrong.
11. Who is the first character to speak in Act 3, Scene 9?
(d) The Cardinal.
12. Who does Annabella say guards her in Act 5, Scene 5?
13. When is the marriage of Soranzo and Annabella planned for as of Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
14. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
15. What does the Friar speak of to Annabella in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Giovanni as a husband.
(b) Her mother in heaven.
(c) Stories of other sinners.
(d) The hell she is doomed to.
Short Answer Questions
1. "'Tis pain, she laughs at me!" Who says this quote from Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who says Bergetto "meant no man harm"?
3. What does Giovanni tell Putana to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
5. "Follow this temper with some passion." Who says this quote from Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)