|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Friar speak of to Annabella in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Stories of other sinners.
(b) Giovanni as a husband.
(c) The hell she is doomed to.
(d) Her mother in heaven.
2. How many characters speak in Act 5, Scene 3?
3. "The wildness of thy ____ draws to an end." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 3 finished?
4. How does Putana finish this quote, telling Giovanni he is in trouble in Act 3, Scene 3: "Y'are ____."?
5. What is the major conflict of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Annabella is dying.
(b) Florio has learned of Annabella and Giovanni.
(c) Annabella is pregnant.
(d) Putana is blackmailing Giovanni.
6. What must Giovanni remind himself at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) His love for Annabella was wrong.
(b) To be brave.
(c) He is going to hell.
(d) To kill Soranzo.
7. Who enters Act 4, Scene 1 masked?
8. Who speaks first in Act 3, Scene 2?
9. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(b) Vasquez and Poggio.
(c) Vasquez and Hippolita.
(d) Vasquez and Soranzo.
10. "_____ man, why, 'tis thy fate." How is this quote from Act 4, Scene 3 finished?
11. Who are the last to enter Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Putana and Giovanni.
(b) The Friar and Giovanni.
(c) Annabella and Putana.
(d) The Friar and Giovanni.
12. What does Giovanni ask of the sun in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To be dark.
(b) To burn the world.
(c) To burn Soranzo.
(d) To explode.
13. "Follow this temper with some passion." Who says this quote from Act 4, Scene 3?
14. How does Philotis refer to Grimaldi while she talks to the police in Act 3, Scene 7?
15. "My belief is streghtened; 'tis as firm as ____ and ____. Finish this quote from Act 4, Scene 3.
(a) Fire, ice.
(b) Night, day.
(c) Spring, fall.
(d) Winter, summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabella say she welcomes in the last line of Act 5, Scene 1?
2. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
3. What is Grimaldi doing in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 7?
4. What is Vasquez's reaction to Putana's action in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. What does Soranzo offer Giovanni that he refuses in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)