|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richardetto's perspective of what has happened as of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) His hatred for Soranzo has increased.
(b) He feels guilty and will become a monk to repent his involvement.
(c) He loves Annabella.
(d) He has decided fate has already intervened.
2. Who acts unjustly in Act 3, Scene 9?
(c) The Cardinal.
3. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
(a) Uncle and niece.
(b) Brother and sister.
(d) Father and daughter.
4. "The wildness of thy ____ draws to an end." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 3 finished?
5. What are Annabella and Giovanni doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Lying on a bed.
(b) Hiding in a dungeon.
(c) Sitting in a courtyard.
(d) Praying on their knees.
6. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Vasquez and Poggio.
(b) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(c) Vasquez and Hippolita.
(d) Vasquez and Soranzo.
7. Who is supposed to kill Annabella in Act 5, Scene 2?
8. What does Florio announce in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Annabella's mother showed similar symptoms to Annabella's before dying.
(b) That he has been called abroad for work.
(c) Annabella will be married to Soranzo within a few days.
(d) That Giovanni has gone missing.
9. "These are the _____ tears." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 5 finished?
10. Why does Annabella tell Soranzo she married him in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) For honor, not love.
(b) She always loved him.
(c) She wanted him to father her child.
(d) She wanted more children with him.
11. What does the Friar make of what has happened in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) It is the mark of the end of evil.
(b) It is a bad omen.
(c) It is fate.
(d) It is good luck.
12. "_____ man, why, 'tis thy fate." How is this quote from Act 4, Scene 3 finished?
13. What does Annabella triumph over according to Giovanni in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "Storms and torture."
(b) "Intolerance and pain."
(c) "Ignorance and evil."
(d) "Infamy and hate."
14. How is the following quote from Act 3, Scene 2 finished: "To live and die _____."?
(c) "A maid."
(d) "As one."
15. Who is the first to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabella try to convince Giovanni of in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. What must Giovanni remind himself at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
3. Who does Annabella say guards her in Act 5, Scene 5?
4. What does Annabella say she welcomes in the last line of Act 5, Scene 1?
5. How many characters speak in Act 5, Scene 3?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)