|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florio announce in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Annabella will be married to Soranzo within a few days.
(b) That Giovanni has gone missing.
(c) That he has been called abroad for work.
(d) Annabella's mother showed similar symptoms to Annabella's before dying.
2. What does Vasquez do in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Poison Soranzo.
(b) Poison Annabella.
(c) Poison Hippolita.
(d) Poison himself.
3. What does Bergetto say Philotis gave him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) A ring.
4. "O, would the scourge due to my ____ offence". How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 1 finished?
5. How does Putana finish this quote, telling Giovanni he is in trouble in Act 3, Scene 3: "Y'are ____."?
6. What does the Friar speak of to Annabella in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Giovanni as a husband.
(b) Stories of other sinners.
(c) Her mother in heaven.
(d) The hell she is doomed to.
7. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 1?
8. Who enters Act 4, Scene 1 masked?
9. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Keep her as a mistress.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Make love to her.
10. Who is the first to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
11. What does Soranzo say has protected him from dying in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) "The validity of my goodness."
(b) "The hand of goodness."
(c) "The love of God."
(d) No answer is correct.
12. "_____ man, why, 'tis thy fate." How is this quote from Act 4, Scene 3 finished?
13. Who is the first character to speak in Act 3, Scene 9?
(d) The Cardinal.
14. What does Putana do of importance in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Threatens to kill Vasquez.
(b) Confesses her love for Florio.
(c) Tells Vasquez about Giovanni and Annabella.
(d) Speaks poorly of Soranzo.
15. What does Poggio repeat three times at the end of Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) "My master."
(c) "I will avenge."
(d) "Oh God."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to kill Annabella in Act 5, Scene 2?
2. Who speaks first in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
4. What does Giovanni say "shall be consumed to ashes in a minute" in Act 5, Scene 5?
5. Who does Annabella say guards her in Act 5, Scene 5?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)