|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni ask of the sun in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To burn the world.
(b) To be dark.
(c) To explode.
(d) To burn Soranzo.
2. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Who is the last to speak in Act 5, Scene 4?
(d) The Cardinal.
4. What is it that Soranzo wants Annabella to say in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That she will kill Giovanni.
(b) Where Giovanni is.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) The identity of the father.
5. What does Annabella try to convince Giovanni of in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To leave their home forever.
(b) To kill Soranzo.
(c) To kill her.
(d) They will die at the party.
6. What is Vasquez's reaction to Putana's action in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) He has her killed.
(b) Her sends her to a convent.
(c) He tells her Florio loves her.
(d) He speaks poorly of Soranzo.
7. What emotion do Bergetto and Poggio discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
8. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 5?
9. What does Annabella triumph over according to Giovanni in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "Storms and torture."
(b) "Intolerance and pain."
(c) "Infamy and hate."
(d) "Ignorance and evil."
10. Who enters Act 4, Scene 1 masked?
11. How does Philotis refer to Grimaldi while she talks to the police in Act 3, Scene 7?
12. "My belief is streghtened; 'tis as firm as ____ and ____. Finish this quote from Act 4, Scene 3.
(a) Spring, fall.
(b) Fire, ice.
(c) Winter, summer.
(d) Night, day.
13. What has Annabella prepared that she gives to the Friar in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) A song.
14. "These are the _____ tears." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 5 finished?
15. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soranzo say is on fire in Act 5, Scene 2?
2. What does Putana do of importance in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
4. What does the Friar speak of to Annabella in Act 3, Scene 6?
5. What does Hippolita pretend to do in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)