|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. How many asides are in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) "Trust only I."
(b) "Worry not, for my aid is yours."
(c) "I safely oblige to you."
(d) "I am infinitely yours."
4. What does Vasquez convince Soranzo to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Have Vasquez killed.
(b) Have Giovanni killed.
(c) Smother Annabella with gifts and love to learn the whereabouts of Giovanni.
(d) Act calmly to learn the identity of the father.
5. What does Poggio repeat three times at the end of Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) "Oh God."
(b) "My master."
(c) "I will avenge."
6. "Heaven, thou are righteous." Who says this quote in Act 4, Scene 1?
(c) The Friar.
7. What is it that Soranzo wants Annabella to say in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Where Giovanni is.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she will kill Giovanni.
(d) The identity of the father.
8. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Vasquez and Poggio.
(b) Vasquez and Soranzo.
(c) Vasquez and Hippolita.
(d) Soranzo and Hippolita.
9. What happens to Annabella at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She sings.
(b) She cries.
(c) She gets sick.
(d) She kisses Soranzo.
10. Who speaks first in Act 3, Scene 2?
11. What is Annabella's last line of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) "O my lord!"
(b) "Pish, do not beg for me; I prize my life / As nothing."
(c) "Sir, on my knees-"
(d) "I must confess, I know you loved me well."
12. Who is the first to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
13. What does Giovanni say "shall be consumed to ashes in a minute" in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "This globe of earth."
(b) "Our flower and tree."
(c) "This world and this day."
(d) "This earth holding our love."
14. Who does Grimaldi mistake Bergetto and Philotis for in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Soranzo and Philotis.
(b) Soranzo and Annabella.
(c) Soranzo and Vasquez.
(d) Annabella and Giovanni.
15. What is the major conflict of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Annabella is pregnant.
(b) Putana is blackmailing Giovanni.
(c) Annabella is dying.
(d) Florio has learned of Annabella and Giovanni.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Follow this temper with some passion." Who says this quote from Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Who is the last to speak in Act 5, Scene 4?
3. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 9?
4. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
5. What does Soranzo offer Giovanni that he refuses in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)