|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 9?
(a) "Justice is fled to Heaven and comes no nearer."
(b) "Great men may do their wills; we must obey."
(c) "But Heaven will judge them for't another day."
(d) "Come, come Donado, there's no help in this."
2. What is Vasquez's reaction to Putana's action in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Her sends her to a convent.
(b) He speaks poorly of Soranzo.
(c) He has her killed.
(d) He tells her Florio loves her.
3. What is it that Soranzo wants Annabella to say in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That she will kill Giovanni.
(b) The identity of the father.
(c) Where Giovanni is.
(d) That she loves him.
4. What does Hippolita pretend to do in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Dance with Annabella.
(b) Kiss Soranzo.
(c) Kill Soranzo.
(d) Forgive Soranzo.
5. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) "Worry not, for my aid is yours."
(b) "I safely oblige to you."
(c) "Trust only I."
(d) "I am infinitely yours."
6. What emotion do Bergetto and Poggio discuss in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. Who speaks in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Vasquez and Soranzo.
(b) Vasquez and Poggio.
(c) Vasquez and Hippolita.
(d) Soranzo and Hippolita.
8. What do Soranzo and Vasquez plan in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) A game.
(b) A religious service.
(c) No answer is correct.
(d) A feast.
9. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
10. Who acts unjustly in Act 3, Scene 9?
(d) The Cardinal.
11. What does Putana do of importance in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Confesses her love for Florio.
(b) Speaks poorly of Soranzo.
(c) Threatens to kill Vasquez.
(d) Tells Vasquez about Giovanni and Annabella.
12. Which of the following is NOT a word that Giovanni uses in his aside to mark his disgust for the wedding of Act 4, Scene 1?
13. What does Giovanni say "shall be consumed to ashes in a minute" in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) "Our flower and tree."
(b) "This earth holding our love."
(c) "This world and this day."
(d) "This globe of earth."
14. What does the Friar speak of to Annabella in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Stories of other sinners.
(b) Giovanni as a husband.
(c) Her mother in heaven.
(d) The hell she is doomed to.
15. What does Giovanni tell Putana to do in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Hide Annabella in another town.
(b) Lie to Florio that he was lied to about the affair.
(c) Take Annabella for an abortion.
(d) Keep Annabella away from Richardetto and Florio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Friar happy in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Florio announce in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What does Bergetto say Philotis gave him in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does Annabella try to convince Giovanni of in Act 5, Scene 5?
5. "'Tis pain, she laughs at me!" Who says this quote from Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)