|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Friar make of what has happened in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) It is the mark of the end of evil.
(b) It is a bad omen.
(c) It is fate.
(d) It is good luck.
2. What do Richardetto and Philotis speak of in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Philotis is to kill Bergetto.
(b) Whether or not they trust Grimaldi.
(c) How happy they are Soranzo will soon be dead.
(d) Philotis and Bergetto are to be married.
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 3, Scene 9?
(c) The Cardinal.
4. What does Annabella try to convince Giovanni of in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) They will die at the party.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To kill Soranzo.
(d) To leave their home forever.
5. "The wildness of thy ____ draws to an end." How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 3 finished?
6. What does Soranzo say is on fire in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) His blood.
(b) His life.
(c) His heart.
(d) His smile.
7. What does Annabella tell Soranzo he is not in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A looking-glass.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An abuser.
(d) A dog.
8. What must Giovanni remind himself at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) He is going to hell.
(b) His love for Annabella was wrong.
(c) To kill Soranzo.
(d) To be brave.
9. Which of the following is Giovanni's first aside of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "That's true, or somewhat near it."
(b) "One such another word would kill his hopes."
(c) "Sister, be not all woman: think on me."
(d) "Now she winks."
10. What does Richardetto tell Grimaldi in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He shouldn't kill Soranzo anymore.
(b) He must kill Soranzo immediately.
(c) That Philotis loves him.
(d) He wants him to kill Soranzo in a different way than planned.
11. Who acts unjustly in Act 3, Scene 9?
(a) The Cardinal.
12. Who are the last to enter Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Friar and Giovanni.
(b) Annabella and Putana.
(c) Putana and Giovanni.
(d) The Friar and Giovanni.
13. What does Soranzo offer Giovanni that he refuses in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A ring.
(b) A hug.
(c) A song.
(d) A toast.
14. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 9?
(a) "Come, come Donado, there's no help in this."
(b) "Great men may do their wills; we must obey."
(c) "But Heaven will judge them for't another day."
(d) "Justice is fled to Heaven and comes no nearer."
15. "Follow this temper with some passion." Who says this quote from Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 5, Scene 5?
2. Who is the last to speak in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. How does Vasquez pledge his allegiance to Hippolita in Act 3, Scene 8?
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. "O, would the scourge due to my ____ offence". How is this quote from Act 5, Scene 1 finished?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)