|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Annabella and Giovanni doing in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Lying on a bed.
(b) Praying on their knees.
(c) Sitting in a courtyard.
(d) Hiding in a dungeon.
2. What does Giovanni ask Annabella about their next life in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) No answer is correct.
(b) If they will love one another there.
(c) If there will be one.
(d) If they will see one another.
3. What is Vasquez's reaction to Putana's action in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) He speaks poorly of Soranzo.
(b) He tells her Florio loves her.
(c) He has her killed.
(d) Her sends her to a convent.
4. How does Philotis refer to Grimaldi while she talks to the police in Act 3, Scene 7?
5. What must Giovanni remind himself at the end of Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) His love for Annabella was wrong.
(b) He is going to hell.
(c) To kill Soranzo.
(d) To be brave.
6. What does Giovanni ask of the sun in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) To explode.
(b) To be dark.
(c) To burn Soranzo.
(d) To burn the world.
7. Who is the first character to speak in Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) The Friar.
8. What is it that Soranzo wants Annabella to say in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That she will kill Giovanni.
(b) Where Giovanni is.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) The identity of the father.
9. "_____ man, why, 'tis thy fate." How is this quote from Act 4, Scene 3 finished?
10. What does the Friar make of what has happened in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) It is a bad omen.
(b) It is the mark of the end of evil.
(c) It is good luck.
(d) It is fate.
11. What is the final line of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) "Heaven forbid!"
(b) "Her life's in danger."
(c) "I take that promise."
(d) "But what she said I'll tell thee as we go."
12. What does Bergetto say Philotis gave him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) A ring.
13. What is the major conflict of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Annabella is dying.
(b) Putana is blackmailing Giovanni.
(c) Florio has learned of Annabella and Giovanni.
(d) Annabella is pregnant.
14. Who says Bergetto "meant no man harm"?
15. Who does Grimaldi mistake Bergetto and Philotis for in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Soranzo and Vasquez.
(b) Annabella and Giovanni.
(c) Soranzo and Annabella.
(d) Soranzo and Philotis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richardetto's perspective of what has happened as of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What does Annabella repeat as she dies?
3. "Let rash report run on; the breath that vents it / Will, like a bubble, break itself at last." Who says this quote in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. What does Bergetto wish to do with Philotis in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is Annabella going to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 6?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)