|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Hippolita wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Mourning clothes.
(b) No answer is correct.
(c) A formal gown.
(d) Clothes for tea.
3. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
4. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "I durst not say I loved; nor scarcely think it."
(b) "Do not betray me to your mirth or hate."
(c) "Love me, or kill me, sister."
(d) "Let's learn to court in smiles, to kiss and sleep."
5. What does Bergetto insult of Annabella's in the letter in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her teeth.
(c) Her scent.
(d) Her nose.
6. Who has Florio given his approval to marry his daughter?
7. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
8. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
(a) He speaks of his love for all people.
(b) He wants to build an orphanage with his wealth.
(c) He wishes not to force Annabella against her will.
(d) He speaks how his son and daughter mean more to him than anything.
9. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
(c) The Friar.
10. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
11. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
12. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
(d) The Friar.
13. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(a) The Friar.
14. Which of the following does Donado say he is to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Secretary and messenger.
(b) Mind and legs.
(c) Assistant and chief.
(d) Writer and deliverer.
15. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
2. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
3. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
5. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)