|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
3. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
(c) Family friend.
5. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Giovanni to join the army.
(b) Donado to come to their home that evening.
(c) Bergetto to court Annabella.
(d) Bergetto to marry Annabella.
6. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
7. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
(a) Praying for redemption.
(b) None are correct.
(c) Annabella getting married.
(d) Killing himself.
8. What does Hippolita try to convince Vasquez in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That they should marry.
(b) That he should kill Annabella.
(c) That Soranzo will abandon him in some way.
(d) That he should marry Annabella.
9. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(b) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(c) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(d) Florio's hospitality.
10. Who of the following characters is NOT included in Act 1, Scene 3?
11. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Love me, or kill me, sister."
(b) "Do not betray me to your mirth or hate."
(c) "I durst not say I loved; nor scarcely think it."
(d) "Let's learn to court in smiles, to kiss and sleep."
12. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
13. What does Bergetto do as Donado says goodbye to Florio in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Fights with Poggio.
(b) Insults Florio.
(c) Insults Annabella.
(d) Talks about all the women he could have.
14. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He spilled sauce on his clothes while eating.
(b) He robbed a man.
(c) He got in a fight.
(d) He got drunk.
15. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
3. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is the last character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)