|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
2. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He prays so often.
(b) He is a well to-do and educated man.
(c) He was sure Giovanni was in love with Hippolita.
(d) His parents are very religious.
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
(b) The Friar.
6. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
(a) He wishes not to force Annabella against her will.
(b) He wants to build an orphanage with his wealth.
(c) He speaks how his son and daughter mean more to him than anything.
(d) He speaks of his love for all people.
7. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "She is, like me, and I like her, resolved."
(b) "Things being thus, a pair of souls are lost."
(c) "Yet time is left you both-"
(d) "That one so excellent should give those parts / All to a second death."
8. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
(a) Family friend.
9. What does Philotis enter Act 2, Scene 1 with?
(a) A canvas.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lute.
(d) A sword.
10. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He can't read his own handwriting.
(b) He is embarrassed of his reading voice.
(c) He can't read.
(d) He feels it is Poggio's duty.
11. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(b) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(c) Florio's hospitality.
(d) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
12. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
(a) Vasquez and Donado.
(b) Florio and Soranzo.
(c) Vasquez and Grimaldi.
(d) Grimaldi and Florio.
13. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Let's learn to court in smiles, to kiss and sleep."
(b) "Love me, or kill me, sister."
(c) "Do not betray me to your mirth or hate."
(d) "I durst not say I loved; nor scarcely think it."
14. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) The ring her mother gave her.
(b) A pocket watch she was given as a child.
(c) A gold bar.
(d) The ring she inherited from her grandfather.
15. How does the Friar suggest Giovanni remedy his emotions that the men discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Give money to the church.
(b) Solitary prayer.
(c) Community service.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is Richardetto plotting in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
4. Who are brother and sister?
5. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)