|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Richardetto from?
2. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The Friar.
3. Who of the following characters is NOT included in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
5. What does Philotis enter Act 2, Scene 1 with?
(a) A canvas.
(b) A lute.
(c) A dog.
(d) A sword.
6. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) A pocket watch she was given as a child.
(b) A gold bar.
(c) The ring her mother gave her.
(d) The ring she inherited from her grandfather.
8. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
10. Which of the following does Donado say he is to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Assistant and chief.
(b) Secretary and messenger.
(c) Writer and deliverer.
(d) Mind and legs.
11. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(b) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(c) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(d) Florio's hospitality.
12. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
13. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
14. How does the Friar suggest Giovanni remedy his emotions that the men discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Solitary prayer.
(b) Give money to the church.
(c) Community service.
(d) Run away.
15. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "Poggio, 'twill do, Poggio!"
(b) "Aye, marry, that will be excellent."
(c) "If all fails, itis but the fortune of a fool."
(d) "Peace, innocent."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is the only city that is referenced in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is the last character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)