|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first word of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
4. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) The Friar.
5. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What does Florio mistake Annabella's love for Giovanni for?
7. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "Beg Heaven to cleanse the leprosy of lust."
(b) "Else I'll swear, my fate's my god."
(c) "My blessing with thee; we have need to pray."
(d) "I'll think on remedy. Pray for yourself."
8. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Over the way she is treated by Soranzo.
(b) Her father is ill.
(c) Because of her dead husband.
(d) Because of Annabella's beauty.
10. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) How foolish he is.
(b) How wicked he is.
(c) How smart he is.
(d) How attractive he is.
11. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
12. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
13. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
14. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
15. What does Donado wish for the gift given to Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) To have it destroyed.
(b) To give it to his own mistress.
(c) For her to give it back.
(d) For her to keep it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
5. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)