|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
(a) That she becomes educated.
(b) That she, and the money she will obtain, will go to the right man.
(c) That she never loses her flawless beauty.
(d) That she be treated like a lady all her life.
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her father is ill.
(b) Because of her dead husband.
(c) Because of Annabella's beauty.
(d) Over the way she is treated by Soranzo.
4. What does Philotis enter Act 2, Scene 1 with?
(a) A canvas.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lute.
(d) A sword.
5. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
6. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He can't read his own handwriting.
(b) He is embarrassed of his reading voice.
(c) He can't read.
(d) He feels it is Poggio's duty.
7. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
(d) Family friend.
8. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) How attractive he is.
(b) How smart he is.
(c) How wicked he is.
(d) How foolish he is.
9. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. Where is Richardetto from?
11. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
12. What is Richardetto plotting in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To kill Giovanni.
(b) To kidnap Annabella.
(c) To take revenge on Hippolita.
(d) To seduce Hippolita.
13. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
14. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
15. Who are brother and sister?
(a) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(b) Donado and Annabella.
(c) Florio and Putana.
(d) Giovanni and Annabella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
2. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
3. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
4. Who is the last character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)