|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florio mistake Annabella's love for Giovanni for?
2. How does Annabella respond when Giovanni admits his feelings toward her?
(a) She cries out of fear.
(b) She runs away in disgust.
(c) She tells him she needs time to ponder her emotions.
(d) She feels the same way.
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) She doesn't wish to be impolite.
(b) Her father urges her to.
(c) She is excited to see what it says.
(d) She is afraid of Poggio.
5. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
6. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Over the way she is treated by Soranzo.
(b) Because of her dead husband.
(c) Her father is ill.
(d) Because of Annabella's beauty.
7. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(c) The Friar.
8. What does Bergetto insult of Annabella's in the letter in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her scent.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her teeth.
9. Who are brother and sister?
(a) Florio and Putana.
(b) Giovanni and Annabella.
(c) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(d) Donado and Annabella.
10. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) How attractive he is.
(b) How smart he is.
(c) How wicked he is.
(d) How foolish he is.
11. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "Please you to know her."
(b) "I'll wait upon you, sir."
(c) "We'll hear them both."
(d) "Sir, what I am / She shall command."
12. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Do not betray me to your mirth or hate."
(b) "Let's learn to court in smiles, to kiss and sleep."
(c) "Love me, or kill me, sister."
(d) "I durst not say I loved; nor scarcely think it."
13. "You are past all rules of sense." Who says this in Act 2, Scene 2?
(d) No answer is correct.
14. What is special about the horse of Bergetto's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He has eight legs.
(b) He flies.
(c) His head is where his tail is.
(d) He speaks.
15. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Things being thus, a pair of souls are lost."
(b) "Yet time is left you both-"
(c) "She is, like me, and I like her, resolved."
(d) "That one so excellent should give those parts / All to a second death."
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who is a servant?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)