|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Her father urges her to.
(b) She doesn't wish to be impolite.
(c) She is excited to see what it says.
(d) She is afraid of Poggio.
2. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
(b) "O how my thoughts are-"
(c) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
(d) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
3. What does Bergetto insult of Annabella's in the letter in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her scent.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her teeth.
4. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A loner.
(c) A bad lover.
5. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
6. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
7. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) How attractive he is.
(b) How wicked he is.
(c) How smart he is.
(d) How foolish he is.
8. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What is the first word of Act 2, Scene 5?
11. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
(c) The Friar.
12. What is Richardetto plotting in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To take revenge on Hippolita.
(b) To kill Giovanni.
(c) To seduce Hippolita.
(d) To kidnap Annabella.
13. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Do not betray me to your mirth or hate."
(b) "Let's learn to court in smiles, to kiss and sleep."
(c) "I durst not say I loved; nor scarcely think it."
(d) "Love me, or kill me, sister."
14. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "Please you to know her."
(b) "I'll wait upon you, sir."
(c) "We'll hear them both."
(d) "Sir, what I am / She shall command."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What is the only city that is referenced in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who wishes to speak with Annabella privately in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who are brother and sister?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)