|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "O coxcomb, what doth he make here?" in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
(b) "O how my thoughts are-"
(c) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
(d) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
3. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who speaks first in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who is Philotis?
(a) A musician.
(b) A writer.
(c) An artist.
(d) A female soldier.
6. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "I'll think on remedy. Pray for yourself."
(b) "Beg Heaven to cleanse the leprosy of lust."
(c) "My blessing with thee; we have need to pray."
(d) "Else I'll swear, my fate's my god."
7. What does Philotis enter Act 2, Scene 1 with?
(a) A sword.
(b) A lute.
(c) A canvas.
(d) A dog.
8. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
(c) The Friar.
9. Who wishes to speak with Annabella privately in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
(a) That she never loses her flawless beauty.
(b) That she becomes educated.
(c) That she be treated like a lady all her life.
(d) That she, and the money she will obtain, will go to the right man.
11. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "That one so excellent should give those parts / All to a second death."
(b) "Things being thus, a pair of souls are lost."
(c) "She is, like me, and I like her, resolved."
(d) "Yet time is left you both-"
12. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
13. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(d) The Friar.
14. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
4. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
5. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)