|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
2. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Her father urges her to.
(b) She is excited to see what it says.
(c) She doesn't wish to be impolite.
(d) She is afraid of Poggio.
3. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
(a) Florio and Soranzo.
(b) Vasquez and Grimaldi.
(c) Grimaldi and Florio.
(d) Vasquez and Donado.
4. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His parents are very religious.
(b) He was sure Giovanni was in love with Hippolita.
(c) He prays so often.
(d) He is a well to-do and educated man.
5. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "Aye, marry, that will be excellent."
(b) "If all fails, itis but the fortune of a fool."
(c) "Poggio, 'twill do, Poggio!"
(d) "Peace, innocent."
6. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "We'll hear them both."
(b) "Please you to know her."
(c) "Sir, what I am / She shall command."
(d) "I'll wait upon you, sir."
7. Who is Richardetto?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A musician.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A potential suitor for Annabella.
8. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What does Florio hassle Giovanni about in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Not having a wife.
(b) Always being alone.
(c) Not joining the army.
(d) His affair with Annabella.
10. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(b) The Friar.
11. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Love me, or kill me, sister."
(b) "I durst not say I loved; nor scarcely think it."
(c) "Do not betray me to your mirth or hate."
(d) "Let's learn to court in smiles, to kiss and sleep."
12. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
13. Who is a servant?
14. What does Florio mistake Annabella's love for Giovanni for?
15. Who has Florio given his approval to marry his daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does the Friar suggest Giovanni remedy his emotions that the men discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
5. What is Richardetto plotting in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)