|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
(a) Praying for redemption.
(b) None are correct.
(c) Annabella getting married.
(d) Killing himself.
2. Who wishes to speak with Annabella privately in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) She politely says she will not.
(b) The letter and the gift make her question her previous opinion of Bergetto.
(c) She says she would rather die.
(d) She needs time to think it over.
4. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who has Florio given his approval to marry his daughter?
6. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
7. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
(c) The Friar.
8. What does Florio hassle Giovanni about in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Not having a wife.
(b) His affair with Annabella.
(c) Always being alone.
(d) Not joining the army.
9. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
(c) Family friend.
11. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
12. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 2?
13. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Run away.
(c) Forget him.
(d) Write music.
14. What does Bergetto do as Donado says goodbye to Florio in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Insults Florio.
(b) Fights with Poggio.
(c) Talks about all the women he could have.
(d) Insults Annabella.
15. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about the horse of Bergetto's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What does Bergetto insult of Annabella's in the letter in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
5. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)