|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
(a) Praying for redemption.
(b) None are correct.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) Annabella getting married.
2. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is the first word of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Things being thus, a pair of souls are lost."
(b) "She is, like me, and I like her, resolved."
(c) "That one so excellent should give those parts / All to a second death."
(d) "Yet time is left you both-"
6. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
(a) Florio and Soranzo.
(b) Grimaldi and Florio.
(c) Vasquez and Grimaldi.
(d) Vasquez and Donado.
7. Who is the last character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He feels it is Poggio's duty.
(b) He can't read his own handwriting.
(c) He is embarrassed of his reading voice.
(d) He can't read.
10. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
11. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His parents are very religious.
(b) He prays so often.
(c) He was sure Giovanni was in love with Hippolita.
(d) He is a well to-do and educated man.
12. What does Florio hassle Giovanni about in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Not having a wife.
(b) Not joining the army.
(c) His affair with Annabella.
(d) Always being alone.
13. What does Giovanni announce to the audience in his monologue in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he is to kill Annabella.
(b) That he has prayed but still loves Annabella.
(c) That he has decided to kill himself.
(d) That he is to leave his home forever.
14. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
(c) Family friend.
15. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The Friar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
2. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)