|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
(b) "O how my thoughts are-"
(c) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
(d) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
2. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
3. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
4. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Forget him.
(c) Write music.
(d) Run away.
5. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
(a) That she be treated like a lady all her life.
(b) That she becomes educated.
(c) That she never loses her flawless beauty.
(d) That she, and the money she will obtain, will go to the right man.
6. How does Annabella respond when Giovanni admits his feelings toward her?
(a) She cries out of fear.
(b) She feels the same way.
(c) She tells him she needs time to ponder her emotions.
(d) She runs away in disgust.
7. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Giovanni to join the army.
(b) Bergetto to marry Annabella.
(c) Donado to come to their home that evening.
(d) Bergetto to court Annabella.
8. Who is Philotis?
(a) A musician.
(b) A female soldier.
(c) An artist.
(d) A writer.
9. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) A loner.
(b) A bad lover.
(d) Her husband.
10. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) The Friar.
11. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(b) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(c) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(d) Florio's hospitality.
12. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
(a) A dove.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A painting.
13. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because of her dead husband.
(b) Because of Annabella's beauty.
(c) Over the way she is treated by Soranzo.
(d) Her father is ill.
14. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
15. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
4. Who is a servant?
5. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)