|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
(a) Praying for redemption.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) None are correct.
(d) Annabella getting married.
2. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
(a) A duel.
(b) A verbal argument.
(c) A calm courtyard conversation.
(d) A love scene.
3. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "Aye, marry, that will be excellent."
(b) "If all fails, itis but the fortune of a fool."
(c) "Peace, innocent."
(d) "Poggio, 'twill do, Poggio!"
4. What does Florio mistake Annabella's love for Giovanni for?
5. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Who gives Annabella the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
7. What does Philotis enter Act 2, Scene 1 with?
(a) A lute.
(b) A sword.
(c) A canvas.
(d) A dog.
8. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(b) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(c) Florio's hospitality.
(d) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
9. Who is a servant?
10. What is the only city that is referenced in Act 1, Scene 1?
11. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
(a) A wretch.
(b) A nothing.
(c) A worm.
(d) A sinner.
12. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
13. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
14. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
(c) Family friend.
15. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
(b) "O how my thoughts are-"
(c) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
(d) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
4. What does Donado wish for the gift given to Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. What is special about the horse of Bergetto's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)