|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) She is afraid of Poggio.
(b) Her father urges her to.
(c) She doesn't wish to be impolite.
(d) She is excited to see what it says.
2. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who does Bergetto find to be the most beautiful as of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What is Richardetto plotting in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To kidnap Annabella.
(b) To take revenge on Hippolita.
(c) To seduce Hippolita.
(d) To kill Giovanni.
5. What does Florio mistake Annabella's love for Giovanni for?
6. "You are past all rules of sense." Who says this in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) No answer is correct.
7. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
(a) That she becomes educated.
(b) That she be treated like a lady all her life.
(c) That she never loses her flawless beauty.
(d) That she, and the money she will obtain, will go to the right man.
8. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
(b) "O how my thoughts are-"
(c) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
(d) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
9. What does Bergetto insult of Annabella's in the letter in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her scent.
(d) Her teeth.
10. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(d) The Friar.
11. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
12. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
13. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "Peace, innocent."
(b) "Poggio, 'twill do, Poggio!"
(c) "If all fails, itis but the fortune of a fool."
(d) "Aye, marry, that will be excellent."
14. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
15. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first word of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Who wishes to speak with Annabella privately in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)