|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) The letter and the gift make her question her previous opinion of Bergetto.
(b) She politely says she will not.
(c) She needs time to think it over.
(d) She says she would rather die.
2. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "I'll think on remedy. Pray for yourself."
(b) "Else I'll swear, my fate's my god."
(c) "Beg Heaven to cleanse the leprosy of lust."
(d) "My blessing with thee; we have need to pray."
3. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
(a) A verbal argument.
(b) A love scene.
(c) A calm courtyard conversation.
(d) A duel.
4. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He is embarrassed of his reading voice.
(b) He can't read his own handwriting.
(c) He feels it is Poggio's duty.
(d) He can't read.
5. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) A pocket watch she was given as a child.
(b) The ring her mother gave her.
(c) The ring she inherited from her grandfather.
(d) A gold bar.
6. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(b) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(c) Florio's hospitality.
(d) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
7. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
8. Who are brother and sister?
(a) Florio and Putana.
(b) Giovanni and Annabella.
(c) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(d) Donado and Annabella.
9. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
11. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
(a) Grimaldi and Florio.
(b) Vasquez and Grimaldi.
(c) Vasquez and Donado.
(d) Florio and Soranzo.
12. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
13. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
(a) He wishes not to force Annabella against her will.
(b) He speaks how his son and daughter mean more to him than anything.
(c) He wants to build an orphanage with his wealth.
(d) He speaks of his love for all people.
14. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
(a) A wretch.
(b) A nothing.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A worm.
15. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who does Bergetto find to be the most beautiful as of Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)