|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) How foolish he is.
(b) How wicked he is.
(c) How smart he is.
(d) How attractive he is.
2. Who do the characters discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He is embarrassed of his reading voice.
(b) He can't read.
(c) He feels it is Poggio's duty.
(d) He can't read his own handwriting.
4. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
(c) The Friar.
5. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "My blessing with thee; we have need to pray."
(b) "Else I'll swear, my fate's my god."
(c) "Beg Heaven to cleanse the leprosy of lust."
(d) "I'll think on remedy. Pray for yourself."
6. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) The letter and the gift make her question her previous opinion of Bergetto.
(b) She says she would rather die.
(c) She politely says she will not.
(d) She needs time to think it over.
7. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Love me, or kill me, sister."
(b) "I durst not say I loved; nor scarcely think it."
(c) "Let's learn to court in smiles, to kiss and sleep."
(d) "Do not betray me to your mirth or hate."
8. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
(a) "You feel jealous you wrote other notes, I know."
(b) "How brilliant my words sound! yes, uncle?"
(c) "Aha! here's stuff, uncle!"
(d) "Uncle, you pray your letters could sound of mine in time!"
10. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He prays so often.
(b) He is a well to-do and educated man.
(c) He was sure Giovanni was in love with Hippolita.
(d) His parents are very religious.
11. Who is Richardetto?
(a) A musician.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A potential suitor for Annabella.
(d) A doctor.
12. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
(d) Family friend.
13. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He spilled sauce on his clothes while eating.
(b) He robbed a man.
(c) He got in a fight.
(d) He got drunk.
14. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Philotis?
2. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Where is Richardetto from?
5. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)