|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about the horse of Bergetto's story in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) His head is where his tail is.
(b) He speaks.
(c) He has eight legs.
(d) He flies.
2. What does Donado wish for the gift given to Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) For her to keep it.
(b) To have it destroyed.
(c) For her to give it back.
(d) To give it to his own mistress.
3. Who of the following characters is NOT included in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
(a) The Friar.
5. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
(a) A nothing.
(b) A worm.
(c) A wretch.
(d) A sinner.
6. Which of the following does Donado say he is to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Mind and legs.
(b) Assistant and chief.
(c) Secretary and messenger.
(d) Writer and deliverer.
7. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(b) The Friar.
8. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
9. How does Annabella respond when Giovanni admits his feelings toward her?
(a) She feels the same way.
(b) She runs away in disgust.
(c) She cries out of fear.
(d) She tells him she needs time to ponder her emotions.
10. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
(a) Praying for redemption.
(b) Annabella getting married.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) None are correct.
11. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
12. What is the first word of Act 2, Scene 5?
13. Who says "O coxcomb, what doth he make here?" in Act 2, Scene 6?
14. Who does Bergetto find to be the most beautiful as of Act 2, Scene 6?
15. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
(a) That she be treated like a lady all her life.
(b) That she never loses her flawless beauty.
(c) That she becomes educated.
(d) That she, and the money she will obtain, will go to the right man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Who gives Annabella the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)