|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
(c) Family friend.
2. Who is the last character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He got in a fight.
(b) He got drunk.
(c) He robbed a man.
(d) He spilled sauce on his clothes while eating.
4. Who are brother and sister?
(a) Florio and Putana.
(b) Donado and Annabella.
(c) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(d) Giovanni and Annabella.
5. How does the Friar suggest Giovanni remedy his emotions that the men discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Solitary prayer.
(b) Community service.
(c) Give money to the church.
(d) Run away.
6. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Who of the following characters is NOT included in Act 1, Scene 3?
9. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
10. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
11. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Forget him.
(b) Run away.
(d) Write music.
12. "You are past all rules of sense." Who says this in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) No answer is correct.
13. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A painting.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A dove.
14. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. What does Philotis enter Act 2, Scene 1 with?
(a) A sword.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lute.
(d) A canvas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni announce to the audience in his monologue in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
3. Which comment of praise does Bergetto give his own letter in Act 2, Scene 4 after it is read aloud?
4. What is the only city that is referenced in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)