|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "Sir, what I am / She shall command."
(b) "Please you to know her."
(c) "We'll hear them both."
(d) "I'll wait upon you, sir."
2. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
3. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
(a) That she becomes educated.
(b) That she, and the money she will obtain, will go to the right man.
(c) That she never loses her flawless beauty.
(d) That she be treated like a lady all her life.
4. Who is Giovanni visiting in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The Friar.
5. Who resolves to visit Annabella in Act 2, Scene 5?
(c) The Friar.
6. Who are brother and sister?
(a) Donado and Annabella.
(b) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(c) Giovanni and Annabella.
(d) Florio and Putana.
7. Who is the last character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
9. Where is Richardetto from?
10. What does Florio hassle Giovanni about in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Not joining the army.
(b) Not having a wife.
(c) His affair with Annabella.
(d) Always being alone.
11. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
(a) A duel.
(b) A love scene.
(c) A calm courtyard conversation.
(d) A verbal argument.
12. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Florio's hospitality.
(b) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(c) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(d) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
13. Which of the following does Donado say he is to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Mind and legs.
(b) Secretary and messenger.
(c) Writer and deliverer.
(d) Assistant and chief.
14. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Donado to come to their home that evening.
(b) Bergetto to court Annabella.
(c) Giovanni to join the army.
(d) Bergetto to marry Annabella.
15. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) The letter and the gift make her question her previous opinion of Bergetto.
(b) She politely says she will not.
(c) She needs time to think it over.
(d) She says she would rather die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)