|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni announce to the audience in his monologue in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he has prayed but still loves Annabella.
(b) That he is to leave his home forever.
(c) That he has decided to kill himself.
(d) That he is to kill Annabella.
2. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
(a) Praying for redemption.
(b) Annabella getting married.
(c) None are correct.
(d) Killing himself.
4. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "If all fails, itis but the fortune of a fool."
(b) "Peace, innocent."
(c) "Aye, marry, that will be excellent."
(d) "Poggio, 'twill do, Poggio!"
5. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
(a) Vasquez and Grimaldi.
(b) Grimaldi and Florio.
(c) Vasquez and Donado.
(d) Florio and Soranzo.
6. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) "Yet time is left you both-"
(b) "That one so excellent should give those parts / All to a second death."
(c) "Things being thus, a pair of souls are lost."
(d) "She is, like me, and I like her, resolved."
7. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
8. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) She is afraid of Poggio.
(b) Her father urges her to.
(c) She doesn't wish to be impolite.
(d) She is excited to see what it says.
9. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(c) The Friar.
10. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
11. How does the Friar suggest Giovanni remedy his emotions that the men discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Community service.
(b) Give money to the church.
(c) Solitary prayer.
(d) Run away.
12. Who are brother and sister?
(a) Florio and Putana.
(b) Giovanni and Annabella.
(c) Donado and Annabella.
(d) Soranzo and Hippolita.
13. What does Donado wish for the gift given to Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) To have it destroyed.
(b) For her to give it back.
(c) To give it to his own mistress.
(d) For her to keep it.
14. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
(a) A dove.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A painting.
(d) A jewel.
15. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)