|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
(a) He wants to build an orphanage with his wealth.
(b) He speaks of his love for all people.
(c) He speaks how his son and daughter mean more to him than anything.
(d) He wishes not to force Annabella against her will.
2. What does Giovanni announce to the audience in his monologue in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he has prayed but still loves Annabella.
(b) That he has decided to kill himself.
(c) That he is to leave his home forever.
(d) That he is to kill Annabella.
3. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
5. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
(d) Family friend.
6. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Write music.
(c) Run away.
(d) Forget him.
7. Who is a servant?
8. "You are past all rules of sense." Who says this in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) No answer is correct.
9. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
10. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Over the way she is treated by Soranzo.
(b) Because of her dead husband.
(c) Her father is ill.
(d) Because of Annabella's beauty.
11. Who is Richardetto?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A musician.
(c) A potential suitor for Annabella.
(d) A gypsy.
12. What does Florio want for Annabella to give to Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) The ring her mother gave her.
(b) The ring she inherited from her grandfather.
(c) A pocket watch she was given as a child.
(d) A gold bar.
13. Who of the following characters is NOT included in Act 1, Scene 3?
14. Who has Florio given his approval to marry his daughter?
15. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(b) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(c) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(d) Florio's hospitality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is the first word of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who are brother and sister?
4. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)