|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
(a) A love scene.
(b) A verbal argument.
(c) A calm courtyard conversation.
(d) A duel.
2. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A loner.
(c) A bad lover.
3. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "O how my thoughts are-"
(b) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
(c) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
(d) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
4. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
(c) Family friend.
5. Who says "To you I have unclasped my burdened soul, /Emptied the storehouse of my thoughts and heart, /Made myself poor of secrets"?
6. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
8. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(d) The Friar.
9. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) She is excited to see what it says.
(b) Her father urges her to.
(c) She is afraid of Poggio.
(d) She doesn't wish to be impolite.
10. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
11. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "Poggio, 'twill do, Poggio!"
(b) "Aye, marry, that will be excellent."
(c) "Peace, innocent."
(d) "If all fails, itis but the fortune of a fool."
12. What is Hippolita wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) No answer is correct.
(b) Clothes for tea.
(c) A formal gown.
(d) Mourning clothes.
13. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
14. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
15. What does Donado wish for the gift given to Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) To give it to his own mistress.
(b) For her to give it back.
(c) For her to keep it.
(d) To have it destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Hippolita try to convince Vasquez in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
5. What does Bergetto say that his uncle thinks he is in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)