|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does the action of Act 1, Scene 2 take place in front of?
(a) The Friar.
2. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
3. What does Annabella say to Donado regarding marrying Bergetto in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) She politely says she will not.
(b) The letter and the gift make her question her previous opinion of Bergetto.
(c) She needs time to think it over.
(d) She says she would rather die.
4. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
5. How does Annabella respond when Giovanni admits his feelings toward her?
(a) She tells him she needs time to ponder her emotions.
(b) She cries out of fear.
(c) She runs away in disgust.
(d) She feels the same way.
6. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Bergetto to court Annabella.
(b) Bergetto to marry Annabella.
(c) Donado to come to their home that evening.
(d) Giovanni to join the army.
7. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who says this?
8. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
(a) A painting.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A dove.
(d) A jewel.
9. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
(a) A nothing.
(b) A wretch.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A worm.
10. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(b) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(c) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(d) Florio's hospitality.
11. What is Richardetto plotting in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To kidnap Annabella.
(b) To take revenge on Hippolita.
(c) To kill Giovanni.
(d) To seduce Hippolita.
12. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
13. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
(a) A duel.
(b) A verbal argument.
(c) A calm courtyard conversation.
(d) A love scene.
14. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
(b) "O how my thoughts are-"
(c) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
(d) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
15. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Giovanni urge Annabella to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
4. What does Annabella joke about Giovanni being in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. Why doesn't Bergetto read the letter he has written for Annabella himself in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)