|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(b) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(c) Florio's hospitality.
(d) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
2. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
(a) Florio and Soranzo.
(b) Grimaldi and Florio.
(c) Vasquez and Donado.
(d) Vasquez and Grimaldi.
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Hippolita's husband.
(b) Annabella's real father.
(c) Soranzo's brother.
(d) A man sent by an enemy of Giovanni's.
5. What idea is Giovanni opposed to in Act 2, Scene 5 that he wasn't before?
(a) None are correct.
(b) Annabella getting married.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) Praying for redemption.
6. "So hard at work, that's well; you lose no time." Who says this quote in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
(a) A painting.
(b) A dove.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A jewel.
8. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "I'll wait upon you, sir."
(b) "Sir, what I am / She shall command."
(c) "Please you to know her."
(d) "We'll hear them both."
9. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
(a) That she, and the money she will obtain, will go to the right man.
(b) That she never loses her flawless beauty.
(c) That she be treated like a lady all her life.
(d) That she becomes educated.
10. What does Hippolita try to convince Vasquez in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That they should marry.
(b) That he should kill Annabella.
(c) That Soranzo will abandon him in some way.
(d) That he should marry Annabella.
11. What does Bergetto do as Donado says goodbye to Florio in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Insults Annabella.
(b) Talks about all the women he could have.
(c) Fights with Poggio.
(d) Insults Florio.
12. How many speaking or non-speaking characters are in Act 2, Scene 2?
13. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Donado to come to their home that evening.
(b) Bergetto to marry Annabella.
(c) Giovanni to join the army.
(d) Bergetto to court Annabella.
14. How does Annabella respond when Giovanni admits his feelings toward her?
(a) She runs away in disgust.
(b) She tells him she needs time to ponder her emotions.
(c) She cries out of fear.
(d) She feels the same way.
15. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is "a name more gracious" that Giovanni calls Annabella in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who does Bergetto find to be the most beautiful as of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who is the last character to speak in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What name does Annabella call Putana in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)