|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Florio's main concern regarding his daughter?
(a) That she never loses her flawless beauty.
(b) That she becomes educated.
(c) That she, and the money she will obtain, will go to the right man.
(d) That she be treated like a lady all her life.
2. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(b) Florio's hospitality.
(c) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
(d) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
3. Who says "O ignorance in knowledge!"?
(b) The Friar.
4. Which of the following quotes is from the poem Soranzo reads in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Love's measure is the mean, sweet his annoys."
(b) "To work then, happy Muse, and contradict."
(c) "Venice, that queen of cities, he had left."
(d) "O how my thoughts are-"
5. What is the final line of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) "We'll hear them both."
(b) "Sir, what I am / She shall command."
(c) "I'll wait upon you, sir."
(d) "Please you to know her."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Richardetto and Philotis speak of in Act 3, Scene 5?
2. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who is being referred to in the quote "The man I hate / Worse than confusion-"?
4. "'Tis pain, she laughs at me!" Who says this quote from Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What is Donado's relation to Bergetto?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)