|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. "But he is such another dunce, I fear." Who does this quote refer to?
3. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He prays so often.
(b) His parents are very religious.
(c) He was sure Giovanni was in love with Hippolita.
(d) He is a well to-do and educated man.
4. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
(a) A calm courtyard conversation.
(b) A verbal argument.
(c) A duel.
(d) A love scene.
5. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
(a) Grimaldi and Florio.
(b) Vasquez and Grimaldi.
(c) Florio and Soranzo.
(d) Vasquez and Donado.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
3. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
4. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)