|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Florio given his approval to marry his daughter?
2. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Donado to come to their home that evening.
(b) Bergetto to court Annabella.
(c) Bergetto to marry Annabella.
(d) Giovanni to join the army.
3. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "Peace, innocent."
(b) "Aye, marry, that will be excellent."
(c) "If all fails, itis but the fortune of a fool."
(d) "Poggio, 'twill do, Poggio!"
4. Which of the following is NOT something the Friar calls Giovanni?
(a) A nothing.
(b) A worm.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A wretch.
5. How does Act 1, Scene 2 begin?
(a) A verbal argument.
(b) A love scene.
(c) A calm courtyard conversation.
(d) A duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
2. Why is the Friar so surprised that Giovanni has the feelings he does in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who does the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2 center around?
5. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)