|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florio allow before leaving Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Giovanni to join the army.
(b) Bergetto to court Annabella.
(c) Donado to come to their home that evening.
(d) Bergetto to marry Annabella.
2. How does Annabella respond when Giovanni admits his feelings toward her?
(a) She cries out of fear.
(b) She tells him she needs time to ponder her emotions.
(c) She runs away in disgust.
(d) She feels the same way.
3. What does Florio suggest to ease the tension of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Florio say in Act 1, Scene 3 that insists on his kindness?
(a) He wishes not to force Annabella against her will.
(b) He speaks how his son and daughter mean more to him than anything.
(c) He speaks of his love for all people.
(d) He wants to build an orphanage with his wealth.
5. Who of the following characters is NOT included in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Donado suggest Bergetto send Annabella?
2. What cheese does Bergetto tell Annabella he loves her as much as?
3. Who says "in thy wilful flames / Already see thy ruin"?
4. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)