|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "Poggio, 'twill do, Poggio!"
(b) "Aye, marry, that will be excellent."
(c) "Peace, innocent."
(d) "If all fails, itis but the fortune of a fool."
2. Who is the first character to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does the Friar suggest Giovanni remedy his emotions that the men discuss in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Solitary prayer.
(b) Run away.
(c) Community service.
(d) Give money to the church.
4. Who are brother and sister?
(a) Florio and Putana.
(b) Donado and Annabella.
(c) Soranzo and Hippolita.
(d) Giovanni and Annabella.
5. What is the last line of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) "My blessing with thee; we have need to pray."
(b) "Else I'll swear, my fate's my god."
(c) "Beg Heaven to cleanse the leprosy of lust."
(d) "I'll think on remedy. Pray for yourself."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has had an affair with Hippolita?
2. What does Giovanni feel towards the person under discussion in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who is the first character to speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is the final line of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)