|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major conflict of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Annabella is pregnant.
(b) Putana is blackmailing Giovanni.
(c) Florio has learned of Annabella and Giovanni.
(d) Annabella is dying.
2. What does Richardetto find "mystery in"?
(a) Florio's hospitality.
(b) Hippolita spends much time with Soranzo.
(c) Annabella does not love any of her suitors.
(d) Giovanni's standoffish veneer.
3. How are Richardetto and Philotis related?
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Uncle and niece.
(d) Father and daughter.
4. Who is Richardetto?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A potential suitor for Annabella.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A musician.
5. Who is Annabella referring to when she says "what blessed shape / Of some celestial creature now appears"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annabella claim to be ill according to Richardetto in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. Who does Florio ask about in the first line of Act 2, Scene 6?
3. How does Putana finish this quote, telling Giovanni he is in trouble in Act 3, Scene 3: "Y'are ____."?
4. What does Philotis enter Act 2, Scene 1 with?
5. What sort of comment does Poggio make of his master, Bergetto, in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)