|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni announce to the audience in his monologue in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he has decided to kill himself.
(b) That he has prayed but still loves Annabella.
(c) That he is to leave his home forever.
(d) That he is to kill Annabella.
2. Why is Hippolita upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Over the way she is treated by Soranzo.
(b) Because of her dead husband.
(c) Her father is ill.
(d) Because of Annabella's beauty.
3. Why does Annabella read the letter in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) She is afraid of Poggio.
(b) She is excited to see what it says.
(c) Her father urges her to.
(d) She doesn't wish to be impolite.
4. What has happened to Bergetto en route to see Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He robbed a man.
(b) He got in a fight.
(c) He spilled sauce on his clothes while eating.
(d) He got drunk.
5. What does Hippolita try to convince Vasquez in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That he should marry Annabella.
(b) That Soranzo will abandon him in some way.
(c) That they should marry.
(d) That he should kill Annabella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do we learn Richardetto is in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Florio mistake Annabella's love for Giovanni for?
3. What does Donado wish for the gift given to Annabella in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who is being used as a pawn in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. "Her sickness is a fullness of her _____." How does Richardetto finish this quote in Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)