Act 1, Scene 1
• Giovanni admits to the Friar that he is in love with his sister, Annabella.
• The Friar is disgusted and suggests Giovanni pray in solitude for redemption from these feelings.
Act 1, Scene 2
• Grimaldi and Vasquez have a duel in the beginning of the scene over Grimaldi and Soranzo's (Vasquez's master) love for Annabella.
• Florio, Giovanni, and Annabella's father, break up the fight.
• Florio questions Soranzo as to why he is concerned over Grimaldi's interest in Annabella since Soranzo has already been promised Annabella's hand in marriage.
• Putana and Annabella overhear all of this; Annabella is indifferent.
• Annabella remarks about how attracted she is to her brother when he enters the scene, before realizing who it is.
• Giovanni confesses his love to Annabella, and she admits to feeling the same way.
Act 1, Scene 3
• Donado tries to persuade Florio to allow Bergetto to marry Annabella.
• Florio is apprehensive but...
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)