|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after Cab's visit in Chapter 19, Anne is purposely detained where?
2. Mary Angus's little girl screams the entire time Anne and Nancy are trying to do what to her?
3. Where is the party that Anne skips after her arrival back at Chicken after the Christmas holidays?
4. To whom does Anne write a letter after she returns to Chicken after the Christmas holidays?
5. Mr. Carew and Mr. Strong head for what place as soon as Anne, Chuck, and Ethel return to chicken?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Chuck and Ethel run away to their old home when Anne is being too strict with them?
2. When Anne, Ethel, Chuck, and Patricia arrive back in town with Mr. Strong after he rescues them, how does the town react?
3. When Titus Paul and other Indians arrive at the confrontation between Anne and Fred and Cab over the children, what does Anne realize about the Indians' clothing?
4. During Anne's visit to Cathy and the Indian village during the Christmas holidays, what biographical information about Cathy does Anne learn?
5. Why is Anne so strict with Chuck and Ethel once she is assured of keeping them permanently?
6. How does Maggie's opinion of Anne being the school teacher next year in Eagle change after Anne and the children arrive back in town after rescuing Jennie and baby Patricia?
7. What is the notable goal Nancy reaches right after the winter holidays?
8. Describe the cabin in which Anne, Chuck, Ethel, and the baby take shelter while Fred takes Jennie to Forty Mile.
9. How do Chuck and Ethel help Anne when they are holed up in the cabin, waiting to be rescued?
10. Once Anne and Fred have arrived at O'Shaughnessy's, why does Fred want to continue chasing Cab without Anne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize Ben Norvall's "history lesson" about the Indians and white people. Do you believe what he says? Do you feel there are any inaccuracies? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Anne is so passionately committed to keeping Chuck and Ethel with her?
Essay Topic 3
Anne's beloved grandmother tells her when she is a girl that she only needs one person to believe in her in order to be successful. Does Anne seem to believe this? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)