|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ethel stay during the day once she's living with Nancy and Anne?
2. To whom does Anne give the baby once they return to Chicken?
3. Why do Cathy and Anne not have much time for talking during the Christmas holidays?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 17, to whom does Anne have to talk about keeping Mary Angus's children?
5. After how many days does Fred return to Chicken, after taking Jennie?
Short Essay Questions
1. While visiting Cathy at the Indian village during the Christmas holidays, Anne learns more about Titus Paul, the Indian she met at Cathy's home when she first came through on her way to Chicken. What is Titus Paul's history?
2. Describe Anne's visit to Joe Temple in Chapter 17.
3. How does Cab manage to run off with Ethel and Chuck?
4. What is the notable goal Nancy reaches right after the winter holidays?
5. How does Maggie Carew react to the news that Chuck and Ethel will be living with Anne permanently?
6. What is baby Patricia's condition when Anne and the children are in the cabin waiting to be rescued?
7. During Anne's visit to Cathy and the Indian village during the Christmas holidays, what biographical information about Cathy does Anne learn?
8. When Anne, Ethel, Chuck, and Patricia arrive back in town with Mr. Strong after he rescues them, how does the town react?
9. After the winter holidays, how does Anne attitude toward teaching in Chicken change?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 13, Anne receives a letter from Lester Henderson after the Thanksgiving dance. What does his letter to her say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why might Anne and Fred have waited ten years to get married?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Anne's descriptions of Joe Temple's home with the Purdys' home.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Anne spend a good deal of time reminiscing about her grandmother?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)