|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the women who meets Anne when she arrives in Chicken for the first time?
2. Who interviewed Anne in Juneau for the school teacher position?
3. How does Anne calm the disagreement over the early dismissal?
4. In Chapter 10, Fred will be leaving soon for which activity?
5. Anne cooks breakfast for whom in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Anne physically affected by the trip to Chicken?
2. At the dance in Chapter Ten, how does Rebekah act?
3. Why does Anne have trouble sleeping her first night in Chicken?
4. What is in the note from Mrs. Prentiss that Mr. Strong gives to Anne?
5. Why will Cab return for the Thanksgiving dance?
6. What is Chicken's initial reaction to Anne?
7. Describe Anne and Fred's snow picnic.
8. At the beginning of Chapter Nine, why does Anne dismiss the children early?
9. What happens to Willard in the outhouse when the temperature drops, and how do Anne and Mr. Carew fix the situation?
10. What is the beginning of Maggie and Anne's relationship like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What significance does skin color (not necessarily the same thing as ethnicity) have for both the whites and the Indians?
Essay Topic 2
How are Anne and Cathy similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the attitudes of many Chicken residents towards Mr. Strong.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)