|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that Anne is riding in Chapter 1?
2. What does Anne tell Chuck he must do before he can have the new items she has purchased for him?
3. Who invites Anne to dinner for the next evening when she first arrives in Chicken?
4. To what song do Anne and Fred dance at the Thanksgiving dance?
5. Who is the only person Nancy seems to like?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the dance in Chapter Ten, how does Rebekah act?
2. Why does Anne have trouble sleeping her first night in Chicken?
3. Describe the beginning of Anne's journey to Chicken.
4. What is Nancy's appearance like for the Thanksgiving dance, and how does she react to her own appearance?
5. How is the first day of school for Anne and her students?
6. Why does Anne agree to let Nancy come live with her in Chicken?
7. Why does Anne get called "Tisha" and who calls her that?
8. How do Anne and Fred Purdy spend her second and third full days in Chicken?
9. When Chuck begins attending school, what is the reaction?
10. How does the relationship between Anne and Chuck begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the benefits and some of the drawbacks to the amount of time (at least 40 years) that occurred between the action of the book and when the book was actually written and published?
Essay Topic 2
How would the book be different if it were written as a biography, autobiography, and/or journal?
Essay Topic 3
How does the weather in the settlement area affect residents' health and routines?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)