|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Fred will be leaving soon for which activity?
2. According to the school board, what is the oldest age a student can be?
3. When Anne and the pack train reach Steel Creek, who helps Anne into the house and into a bath?
4. What does Anne tell Chuck he must do before he can have the new items she has purchased for him?
5. What is the name of the horse that Anne is riding in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chicken's initial reaction to Anne?
2. Describe the beginning of Anne's journey to Chicken.
3. How do Angela and Mr. Vaughn react to Anne dismissing the children early at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
4. Why will Cab return for the Thanksgiving dance?
5. At the beginning of Chapter Nine, why does Anne dismiss the children early?
6. What is in the note from Mrs. Prentiss that Mr. Strong gives to Anne?
7. How is Anne physically affected by the trip to Chicken?
8. How has Anne been treated on her travels prior to the horseback journey to Chicken?
9. How is the first day of school for Anne and her students?
10. When Merton Atwood visits the school for the first time, how does he become involved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are dogs so important in rural Alaska? What purposes do they serve?
Essay Topic 2
What significance does skin color (not necessarily the same thing as ethnicity) have for both the whites and the Indians?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the benefits and some of the drawbacks to the amount of time (at least 40 years) that occurred between the action of the book and when the book was actually written and published?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)