|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Anne she will help her fix up the schoolhouse and her living quarters?
2. Who is the only person Nancy seems to like?
3. In Chapter 10, Fred will be leaving soon for which activity?
4. Why does Nancy shove Eleanor Vaughn in Chapter 10?
5. Who wrote the note about Nancy that is delivered to Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Chicken school board object to Lily and Rebekah being at the school?
2. When Chuck begins attending school, what is the reaction?
3. What is in the note from Mrs. Prentiss that Mr. Strong gives to Anne?
4. How do Anne and Nancy get along when Nancy first comes to live with her?
5. What is Nancy's appearance like for the Thanksgiving dance, and how does she react to her own appearance?
6. What is the beginning of Maggie and Anne's relationship like?
7. When Merton Atwood visits the school for the first time, how does he become involved?
8. Why does Anne have trouble sleeping her first night in Chicken?
9. At the dance in Chapter Ten, how does Rebekah act?
10. Why does Anne get called "Tisha" and who calls her that?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are Anne and Cathy similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Cathy's roles in the Indian village. Why do people seem to respond so negatively to her?
Essay Topic 3
What significance does skin color (not necessarily the same thing as ethnicity) have for both the whites and the Indians?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)