|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is alive in the cave that Fred and Anne find?
(a) Jeanette and her baby.
(c) Mr. Strong.
(d) Maggie Carew.
2. Why does Fred say he is moving away from Chicken?
(a) He needs to make money.
(b) He wants to see a new place.
(c) He doesn't want to hurt Anne.
(d) He doesn't love Anne.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 17, to whom does Anne have to talk about keeping Mary Angus's children?
(a) The children themselves.
(b) The school board.
(c) No one.
4. Who appears at the cabin where Anne and the three children are the day after Fred leaves with Jennie?
(a) Mr. O'Shaughnessy.
(c) Cab Jackson.
(d) Mr. Strong.
5. In Chapter 13, from whom does Anne receive a letter about her teaching position?
(a) Cab Jackson.
(c) Lester Henderson.
(d) Mr. Strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe give Anne as a peace offering?
2. At a dance, Chuck pairs up with whom for a square dance?
3. What does Anne threaten to do to anyone who tries to take Mary's children from her?
4. What is the name of Mary Angus's little girl?
5. Who has accompanied Nancy to Anne's home after Nancy was hit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anne so strict with Chuck and Ethel once she is assured of keeping them permanently?
2. What is the notable goal Nancy reaches right after the winter holidays?
3. When Mrs. Purdy visits Anne in Chapter 19, she tells Anne that she is a "verree important person in settlement." Why does she say Anne is so important?
4. What does Joe Temple's cabin look like?
5. How does Maggie Carew react to the news that Chuck and Ethel will be living with Anne permanently?
6. While visiting Cathy at the Indian village during the Christmas holidays, Anne learns more about Titus Paul, the Indian she met at Cathy's home when she first came through on her way to Chicken. What is Titus Paul's history?
7. Why do Anne and Fred lose the sled race against Cab and the children?
8. Describe the cabin in which Anne, Chuck, Ethel, and the baby take shelter while Fred takes Jennie to Forty Mile.
9. Describe Anne's visit to Joe Temple in Chapter 17.
10. Once Anne and Fred have arrived at O'Shaughnessy's, why does Fred want to continue chasing Cab without Anne?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)