|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Jennie on the faster sled?
(a) Percy de Chien.
(b) Percy de Perro.
(c) Percy de Wolfe.
(d) Percy de Loupe.
2. In Chapter 18, Anne learns at the store that who is in town?
(c) Lester Henderson.
(d) Cab Jackson.
3. Fred writes to Anne after the Christmas holidays and tells her that he may stay in Steel Creek until when?
4. A group of what animal is circling a specific area in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 15, the help signal is sounded because something has happened to Mary Angus. What is it?
(a) She has died.
(b) She is lost.
(c) She has had a baby.
(d) She has cut her foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to take Anne to catch the person that has taken Chuck and Ethel?
2. While looking through a magazine in the cabin, what does Chuck say he wants to buy for Anne someday?
3. Where does Ethel stay during the day once she's living with Nancy and Anne?
4. What is the audible signal that someone needs help in Chicken?
5. In Chapter 20, why are the Carews worried?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Chuck and Ethel help Anne when they are holed up in the cabin, waiting to be rescued?
2. What does Fred write in his response to Anne's New Year's Eve letter?
3. When Titus Paul and other Indians arrive at the confrontation between Anne and Fred and Cab over the children, what does Anne realize about the Indians' clothing?
4. What is the notable goal Nancy reaches right after the winter holidays?
5. How does Mrs. Prentiss respond to the news that Anne is keeping Chuck and Ethel?
6. What does Joe Temple's cabin look like?
7. When Anne, Ethel, Chuck, and Patricia arrive back in town with Mr. Strong after he rescues them, how does the town react?
8. How does the town in general react to the news that Chuck and Ethel will be living with Anne permanently?
9. Titus Paul asks Chuck a question in their language when trying to determine where Chuck and Ethel should live, and Chuck answers Titus Paul with "Aha," which means "Yes" in their language. What do you think Titus Paul asks Chuck, and why do you think this is his question?
10. How does Maggie's attitude towards Anne and the children change once Anne and the children come back with her infant granddaughter Patricia?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)