|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Carew and Mr. Strong head for what place as soon as Anne, Chuck, and Ethel return to chicken?
(d) Forty Mile.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 23, who do Fred and Anne move onto their sled?
3. After Fred defeats Cab in a fight, what does Cab do?
(a) Slaps Fred.
(b) Curses at Fred.
(c) Shoots Fred.
(d) Compliments Fred.
4. To where does Cab beat Anne and Fred?
(a) Croft Creek.
(b) Cross Creek.
(c) Craft Creek.
(d) Crass Creek.
5. Who has accompanied Nancy to Anne's home after Nancy was hit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jennie's baby's name?
2. In Chapter 13, which of the old-timers is very ill?
3. Where do Fred, Anne, and the children decide to take shelter during a bad storm on their way back to Chicken?
4. When the pack train arrives in Chapter 19, from whom does Anne receive an angry letter?
5. Where did Fred transfer Jennie to a quicker sled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fred write in his response to Anne's New Year's Eve letter?
2. While visiting Cathy at the Indian village during the Christmas holidays, Anne learns more about Titus Paul, the Indian she met at Cathy's home when she first came through on her way to Chicken. What is Titus Paul's history?
3. During Anne's visit to Cathy and the Indian village during the Christmas holidays, what biographical information about Cathy does Anne learn?
4. How does Maggie's opinion of Anne being the school teacher next year in Eagle change after Anne and the children arrive back in town after rescuing Jennie and baby Patricia?
5. What is the notable goal Nancy reaches right after the winter holidays?
6. How does Cab manage to run off with Ethel and Chuck?
7. How does the town in general react to the news that Chuck and Ethel will be living with Anne permanently?
8. When Anne, Ethel, Chuck, and Patricia arrive back in town with Mr. Strong after he rescues them, how does the town react?
9. After the winter holidays, how does Anne attitude toward teaching in Chicken change?
10. Describe Anne's visit to Joe Temple in Chapter 17.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)