|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Nancy seems to like?
(a) Mr. Vaughn.
2. Who wrote the note about Nancy that is delivered to Anne?
(a) Mrs. Prentiss.
(b) Maggie Carew.
(c) Cathy Winters.
(d) Mrs. Long.
3. Who visits Anne prior to her picnic with Fred?
(a) Mrs. Purdy.
(b) Uncle Arthur.
(c) Mrs. Carew.
(d) Mr. Vaughn.
4. What is the name of one of the women who meets Anne when she arrives in Chicken for the first time?
(a) Angela Barrett.
(b) Angela Bennett.
(c) Angela Bassett.
(d) Angela Barnett.
5. According to the school board, what is the oldest age a student can be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne want to do before entering Chicken?
2. What does the boy from the Indian village call Anne?
3. Anne asks Nancy to keep an eye on whom?
4. Who does Anne make over for the Thanksgiving dance?
5. According to the school board, what is the youngest age a student can be?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the showdown with the school board, how do Anne and Chuck interact?
2. How is Anne physically affected by the trip to Chicken?
3. Why does the Chicken school board object to Lily and Rebekah being at the school?
4. Why will Cab return for the Thanksgiving dance?
5. How is the first day of school for Anne and her students?
6. At the dance in Chapter Ten, how does Rebekah act?
7. Why does Anne have trouble sleeping her first night in Chicken?
8. When Chuck begins attending school, what is the reaction?
9. Why does Anne get called "Tisha" and who calls her that?
10. What is Chicken's initial reaction to Anne?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)