|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people in the pack train call Anne?
2. Anne asks Nancy to keep an eye on whom?
3. When the weather turns cold, to what object does one of the students become stuck?
(b) Desk seat.
(c) Outhouse seat.
(d) Flag pole.
4. Fred shows Anne how to do what activity?
(a) Gold mining.
(b) Dog sledding.
5. As Anne recalls her trip to Juneau, she remembers that she sat where on the riverboat to Juneau?
(a) Behind the wheel.
(c) Pilot's table.
(d) Captain's table.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which school subject is Nancy skilled?
2. According to the school board, what is the youngest age a student can be?
3. Why does Nancy shove Eleanor Vaughn in Chapter 10?
4. To what town is the pack train headed in Chapter 1?
5. Where do Anne and the others spend the night after leaving the Indian village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Anne been treated on her travels prior to the horseback journey to Chicken?
2. After the showdown with the school board, how do Anne and Chuck interact?
3. Describe the beginning of Anne's journey to Chicken.
4. At the dance in Chapter Ten, how does Rebekah act?
5. How is the first day of school for Anne and her students?
6. At the roadhouse after the dance in Chapter 10, what story does Ben Norvall tell about one of his partners who had died in the middle of winter?
7. How do Anne and Fred Purdy spend her second and third full days in Chicken?
8. What is Chicken's initial reaction to Anne?
9. Before Anne and Fred's snow picnic in Chapter 11, Mrs. Purdy visits Anne. What does she say to Anne?
10. What happens to Willard in the outhouse when the temperature drops, and how do Anne and Mr. Carew fix the situation?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)