|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne want to do before entering Chicken?
(a) Eat lunch.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Clean her horse.
(d) Wash and change clothes.
2. On Anne's first day as a teacher, the children show her how to do what?
(a) Lock the door.
(b) Find the outhouse.
(c) Clean the chalkboard.
(d) Build a fire.
3. According to the school board, what is the oldest age a student can be?
4. Who is the only person Nancy seems to like?
(a) Mr. Vaughn.
5. What is the occupation of the person who helps Anne dismount at the Indian village?
(a) School teacher.
(c) Roadhouse owner.
(d) Store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interviewed Anne in Juneau for the school teacher position?
2. Who delivers a note to Anne about Nancy?
3. Where do Anne and the others spend the night after leaving the Indian village?
4. Which "old-timer" visits Anne on the second day of school?
5. From what town does the pack train leave in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Anne and Fred's snow picnic in Chapter 11, Mrs. Purdy visits Anne. What does she say to Anne?
2. Why does Anne get called "Tisha" and who calls her that?
3. Why does Anne have trouble sleeping her first night in Chicken?
4. How is the first day of school for Anne and her students?
5. After the showdown with the school board, how do Anne and Chuck interact?
6. Why will Cab return for the Thanksgiving dance?
7. Why does Anne agree to let Nancy come live with her in Chicken?
8. How is Anne physically affected by the trip to Chicken?
9. Describe Anne's first full day in Chicken.
10. What is Nancy's appearance like for the Thanksgiving dance, and how does she react to her own appearance?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)