|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Anne's visit with Cathy over the Christmas holidays, Anne returns to Chicken on what day?
(a) January 5.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) January 3.
(d) New Year's Day.
2. Who has accompanied Nancy to Anne's home after Nancy was hit?
3. What does Anne threaten to do to anyone who tries to take Mary's children from her?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Beat them.
(c) Set their house on fire.
(d) Arrest them.
4. Where does Ethel stay during the day once she's living with Nancy and Anne?
(a) Her own home.
(b) Maggie's house.
(c) Anne's house.
(d) The schoolroom.
5. Who brings clothes for Mary's children to wear?
(a) The Vaughn girls.
6. Who tells Anne that there is talk among people in the town and that they are angry about her keeping Mary's children?
(b) Mrs. Purdy.
7. In Chapter 18, Anne learns at the store that who is in town?
(a) Cab Jackson.
(b) Lester Henderson.
8. To whom does Anne give the baby once they return to Chicken?
(b) She keeps the baby.
(c) Mrs. Purdy.
9. What is wrong with Jennie's leg in Chapter 23?
(a) It's bleeding.
(b) It's frozen.
(c) It's broken.
(d) It's gone.
10. During a conversation with Maggie, Anne says she does not know if she will be teaching where in the fall?
(b) Steel Creek.
11. What does Anne hold on to, to protect herself, Nancy, and Mary's children?
(b) Iron skillet.
(d) Bow and arrow.
12. What limb of Jennie's did the doctors in Dawson have to amputate?
13. At the beginning of Chapter 20, from whom does Fred borrow supplies for their chase after the children?
(a) Mr. O'Shaughnessy.
(d) Mr. Strong.
14. After how many days does Fred return to Chicken, after taking Jennie?
15. How do the school children treat Ethel?
(a) Hurt her.
(c) Tease her.
(d) Ignore her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only place that Anne, the children, and their rescuer stop on their way back to Chicken?
2. How far away is the nearest doctor that can treat Jennie?
3. In Chapter 18, relatives of which person are aboard the pack train?
4. Why do Chuck and Ethel run away from Anne?
5. After how many weeks do Anne and Fred receive a telegram about Jennie's condition?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)