|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Jennie's baby at the cabin while Anne naps?
2. To where does Cab beat Anne and Fred?
(a) Crass Creek.
(b) Cross Creek.
(c) Croft Creek.
(d) Craft Creek.
3. In Chapter 18, when Nancy arrives at Anne's, she says that who has hit her?
4. Joe tells Anne that he stays in Alaska for what reason?
(a) His mother is here.
(b) His children are here.
(c) He loves the area.
(d) He can't afford to leave.
5. How far away is the nearest doctor that can treat Jennie?
(a) 150 miles.
(b) 160 miles.
(c) 140 miles.
(d) 170 miles.
6. With whom does Anne dance the "Home Sweet Home" dance at the dance in Chapter 19?
(a) No one.
(b) Fred Purdy.
(c) Mr. Vaughn.
(d) Joe Temple.
7. While Anne is purposely detained in Chapter 19, who takes Chuck and Ethel?
(a) Mr. Strong.
(b) Joe Temple.
(d) Cab Jackson.
8. In Chapter 20, why are the Carews worried?
(a) A huge snowstorm is coming.
(b) They have no money.
(c) They are afraid Anne will get hurt.
(d) Jeanette and Elmer never reached Steel Creek.
9. After Anne's visit with Cathy over the Christmas holidays, Anne returns to Chicken on what day?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) January 5.
(d) January 3.
10. At dinner with the Carew family, Maggie tells Anne and Nancy that the family is moving to where at the end of the school year?
(b) Steel Creek.
(d) The Indian village.
11. Mr. Carew and Mr. Strong head for what place as soon as Anne, Chuck, and Ethel return to chicken?
(b) Forty Mile.
12. Why do Cathy and Anne not have much time for talking during the Christmas holidays?
(a) A malaria epidemic.
(b) A hepatitis epidemic.
(c) A typhoid epidemic.
(d) A flu epidemic.
13. Who has accompanied Nancy to Anne's home after Nancy was hit?
14. At the beginning of Chapter 20, from whom does Fred borrow supplies for their chase after the children?
(a) Mr. Strong.
(d) Mr. O'Shaughnessy.
15. In Chapter 15, the help signal is sounded because something has happened to Mary Angus. What is it?
(a) She has had a baby.
(b) She has cut her foot.
(c) She is lost.
(d) She has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Anne learns that Fred has gone where on Monday?
2. What is the name of Mary Angus's little girl?
3. Who agrees to take Anne to catch the person that has taken Chuck and Ethel?
4. When Anne visits the Indian village at Christmas, on what is Cathy working?
5. As Fred, Anne, and Cab are getting ready to leave, who arrives with a group of Indians?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)