|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Cab's visit in Chapter 19, Anne is purposely detained where?
(a) The school.
(b) Her home.
(c) The store.
(d) The woods.
2. In Chapter 18, Anne learns at the store that who is in town?
(a) Cab Jackson.
(d) Lester Henderson.
3. What does Cab want to happen to Mary's children?
(a) Go with the Indians to the Indian village.
(b) Go live with him.
(c) Go back with Anne.
(d) Go live in the woods.
4. Who will receive all of the belongings of the sick old-timer when he dies?
(d) Mr. Vaughn.
5. What limb of Jennie's did the doctors in Dawson have to amputate?
6. To what does Cab challenge Fred once Anne and Fred have caught up to him and the children?
(a) A log-splitting contest.
(b) A fight.
(c) A race.
(d) A duel.
7. Around what does Fred set traps in Chapter 23?
(a) The cave.
(b) Elmer's body.
(c) The cabin.
(d) The sled.
8. What is the audible signal that someone needs help in Chicken?
(a) Three gunshots.
(b) Three hand claps.
(c) Three shouts.
(d) Three rings of the schoolhouse bell.
9. How does Anne successfully feed the baby for the first time?
(a) With a spoon.
(b) With an eyedropper.
(c) With a bottle.
(d) With a cup.
10. Who agrees to take Anne to catch the person that has taken Chuck and Ethel?
(d) Mr. Vaughn.
11. Why do Chuck and Ethel run away from Anne?
(a) They want to live in Juneau.
(b) They want to live in Canada.
(c) She is being too strict.
(d) They want to find Joe.
12. A group of what animal is circling a specific area in Chapter 22?
13. With whom does Anne dance the "Home Sweet Home" dance at the dance in Chapter 19?
(a) Mr. Vaughn.
(b) No one.
(c) Fred Purdy.
(d) Joe Temple.
14. Why does Fred say he is moving away from Chicken?
(a) He wants to see a new place.
(b) He needs to make money.
(c) He doesn't want to hurt Anne.
(d) He doesn't love Anne.
15. When Anne comes back from visiting the dying man, Fred is there to tell her he is moving to where?
(a) Steel Creek.
(b) Stone Creek.
(c) Star Creek.
(d) Step Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe give Anne as a peace offering?
2. In what state does Anne find the children after they have run away?
3. Who brings clothes for Mary's children to wear?
4. Where does Anne find Chuck and Ethel after they have run away?
5. When Anne visits the Indian village at Christmas, on what is Cathy working?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)