|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does one of the Vaughn girls come back to school?
(a) A mitten.
(b) A coat.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A hat.
2. What is the name of Mrs. Purdy's daughter?
3. In Chapter 12, who arrives from Eagle?
(a) Cabaret Jemson.
(b) Cabaret Jackson.
(c) Cabaret Johnson.
(d) Cabaret Jenson.
4. What does Anne purchase for Chuck?
(a) New toys.
(b) New clothes.
(c) New shoes.
(d) New books.
5. Who interviewed Anne in Juneau for the school teacher position?
(a) Louis Henderson.
(b) Lester Henderson.
(c) James Henderson.
(d) Joe Henderson.
6. Anne cooks breakfast for whom in Chapter 5?
(a) Mary Angus.
(b) Mr. Purdy.
(c) Mr. Strong.
7. With which school subject does Nancy struggle?
8. Nancy is critical of which person or people visiting Anne?
(a) Mr. Stron.
(b) The children.
(c) The parents.
9. What do the people in the pack train call Anne?
10. To what song do Anne and Fred dance at the Thanksgiving dance?
(a) Home is Best.
(b) Homeward Bound.
(c) Home Sweet Home.
(d) Heart at Home.
11. What type of project does Anne settle upon with the goal of making the students feel united as a class?
(a) A spelling bee.
(b) A play.
(c) A map.
(d) A concert.
12. Anne has trouble doing what on her first night in Chicken?
13. Which "old-timer" visits Anne on the second day of school?
(a) Mr. Strong.
(b) Mr. Vaughn.
(c) Merton Atwood.
(d) Uncle Arthur.
14. Which of Fred's relatives is upset about his relationship with Anne?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
15. Who delivers a note to Anne about Nancy?
(a) Nancy herself.
(b) Mr. Strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Anne to dinner for the next evening when she first arrives in Chicken?
2. How far away is Fred and Anne's picnic spot?
3. Despite the cold, people still attend what special event?
4. According to the school board, what is the oldest age a student can be?
5. When the pack train arrives at the Indian village, who helps Anne dismount?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)