|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nancy return home from Chicken in Chapter 19?
(a) Nancy has to get a job.
(b) Her mother is angry about Anne keeping Mary's children.
(c) Anne does not want to teach her anymore.
(d) Nancy misses her family.
2. To what does Cab challenge Fred once Anne and Fred have caught up to him and the children?
(a) A race.
(b) A log-splitting contest.
(c) A fight.
(d) A duel.
3. Where does Ethel stay during the day once she's living with Nancy and Anne?
(a) Anne's house.
(b) Maggie's house.
(c) Her own home.
(d) The schoolroom.
4. Who tells Anne she will help her fix up the schoolhouse and her living quarters?
(a) Marnie Carew.
(b) Maggie Crew.
(c) Margie Crew.
(d) Maggie Carew.
5. Joe tells Anne that he stays in Alaska for what reason?
(a) He loves the area.
(b) His mother is here.
(c) His children are here.
(d) He can't afford to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred use on the sled's runners to slow it down on the incline?
2. At a dance, Chuck pairs up with whom for a square dance?
3. What does Anne tell Chuck he must do before he can have the new items she has purchased for him?
4. What do the other children at school call Chuck?
5. In Chapter 1, what month does the pack train leave?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)