|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, where was Alphie attending school?
2. What did Frank and Alberta name their daughter?
3. Which teacher was Frank replacing at McKee Vocational School?
4. What did Mike Small's father do for a living?
5. After drinking with Bogard, why did Frank get angry with an Italian who shined shoes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Bradford Rush?
2. Who did Angela invite to her apartment one day?
3. What were the girls doing in Frank's second class at McKee?
4. What would Frank have liked to tell professors who singled him out for his Irishness or his faith?
5. Why was Frank fired from the bank?
6. Why didn't Paddy McGovern have any trouble getting girls to dance?
7. When was Frank able to spend time with Mike Small?
8. How were Frank and Alberta able to buy a home?
9. What types of temporary jobs did Frank have while he was working his way through school?
10. How did Frank feel when he went back to Limerick for a visit after he had become a teacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Frank attempted to imagine what New York would be like, Limerick would push him into the past. Discuss Limerick, Ireland, and the mixed feelings that Frank felt for his former home.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the reactions of Frank and his friends when he received his draft notice.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Frank's expectations of what college would be like with what college was actually like.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)