|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took attendance in Frank's first class?
2. Where did Malachy take his father shortly after he arrived in America?
3. What was Malachy's first wife's name?
4. Where did Mike Small live while she was attending NYU?
5. What was the address of the flat Frank lived in when he was teaching at McKee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Frank, his brothers, and his mother find when they went to harvest the vegetables from their plot of land?
2. Why did Frank believe that no one listened to him when he spoke in class?
3. How did Frank feel when he went back to Limerick for a visit after he had become a teacher?
4. Describe Frank and Alberta's wedding day.
5. Who did Angela invite to her apartment one day?
6. What types of temporary jobs did Frank have while he was working his way through school?
7. Why did Frank begin teaching at McKee Vocational School on Thursday instead of Monday?
8. What was Frank's brother, Malachy, doing once he moved to in Manhattan?
9. Who was Bradford Rush?
10. What would Frank have liked to tell professors who singled him out for his Irishness or his faith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Frank worked temporary jobs and how the jobs worked out for him.
Essay Topic 2
Compare how Frank and Mike spent their childhoods.
Essay Topic 3
Frank kept his job at the Biltmore even though his eye condition was a problem, because he had gotten his job through the Democratic Party. Discuss political machines and how these affected Frank and his coworkers.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)