|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frank and Alberta name their daughter?
2. What bar did Frank go to after having his first disagreement with Mike?
3. Where would Mike Small's boyfriend go for ROTC training in the summer?
4. Where did Frank move when Mrs. Klein and her son were taken to the Catholic homes?
5. What was the name of Mrs. Klein's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Frank believe that no one listened to him when he spoke in class?
2. What types of temporary jobs did Frank have while he was working his way through school?
3. What did Bob say when he heard that Mike was staying at the same boarding house with Frank?
4. What was the cause of Frank and Mike's first disagreement?
5. What were the girls doing in Frank's second class at McKee?
6. Describe Frank and Alberta's wedding day.
7. Who did Angela invite to her apartment one day?
8. Why didn't Paddy McGovern have any trouble getting girls to dance?
9. What routine did Alberta follow on the weekends in Chapter 41?
10. How were Frank and Alberta able to buy a home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Frank worked temporary jobs and how the jobs worked out for him.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the reactions of Frank and his friends when he received his draft notice.
Essay Topic 3
Frank wondered why America was so hard and complicated that he had trouble seeing Hamlet with a lemon meringue pie and a bottle of ginger ale. Compare going to the movie going experience in Limerick and in New York, especially as it related to taking in food.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)