|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Bill Galetly want to weigh?
2. Where did Bridey Stokes' son go to college?
3. When did Frank's father come to visit America?
4. How much did it cost to ride the subway?
5. What color scarf did Alberta wear over her coat when she met Frank at Louis' Bar after they had quarreled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of temporary jobs did Frank have while he was working his way through school?
2. Why wasn't Bridey Stokes sad about her husband's death?
3. How did Miss Mudd save Frank?
4. Who was Bradford Rush?
5. What routine did Alberta follow on the weekends in Chapter 41?
6. When was Frank able to spend time with Mike Small?
7. How were Frank and Alberta able to buy a home?
8. What did Bob say when he heard that Mike was staying at the same boarding house with Frank?
9. Describe Frank and Alberta's wedding day.
10. How was the room that Frank rented from Mrs. Klein different from the one he rented from Mrs. Austin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflicts that Frank faced during the years and how he dealt with them.
Essay Topic 2
Frank kept his job at the Biltmore even though his eye condition was a problem, because he had gotten his job through the Democratic Party. Discuss political machines and how these affected Frank and his coworkers.
Essay Topic 3
At one point, Frank said that if he had any belief left, he would have gone to confession. Discuss Frank's religious beliefs.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)