|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were NYU's school colors?
2. What nationality was the last guy who had Frank's job at the Biltmore?
3. What were the worst days of the week for Frank when he worked at the Biltmore?
4. What book did Corporal Dunphy lend Frank?
5. How old was Frank in 1949?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Eddie Gilligan tell Frank that he was not allowed in the kitchens at the Biltmore?
2. How did the captain learn about the incident at the refugee camp, and what did he do about it?
3. After quitting his Blue Cross training, what did Frank think as he looked at Ellis Island?
4. How did Frank get the grease off his fatigues after he had KP duty?
5. Why did Frank have to look for a lost napkin when he was working at the Biltmore?
6. What caused problems between Frank and Emer?
7. How did Frank get to New York City when the ship docked in Albany?
8. How was Frank able to stay in the hospital after his eyes healed?
9. What did a man behind the bar tell Frank when he came into Costello's for a drink?
10. Why was Di Angelo confined to barracks the weekend that Frank lost his three-day pass?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the reactions of Frank and his friends when he received his draft notice.
Essay Topic 2
At one point, Frank said that if he had any belief left, he would have gone to confession. Discuss Frank's religious beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
Compare how Frank and Mike spent their childhoods.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)