|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited Frank for a beer after he had KP duty and lost his weekend pass?
2. What made Frank sick the day after laundry duty and his visit to the refugee camp?
3. What was the name of Frank's dog in Ireland?
4. What was the name of the ship that Frank sailed on to America in 1949?
5. What Indian tribe did Digger Moon claim to be from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frank get to New York City when the ship docked in Albany?
2. What happened when Frank took lemon meringue pie and ginger ale to watch Hamlet at a playhouse?
3. Why was Eddie Gilligan so cold to his brother, Joe?
4. What caused problems between Frank and Emer?
5. Why didn't Frank wander the streets of Manhattan after he shaved his head?
6. What happened to Uncle Pa's lungs?
7. What did the doctor tell Frank caused his bad eyes and what treatment did the doctor recommend?
8. What did Mr. Pugilio, who was doing the Blue Cross training, say would happen if someone lied on their application?
9. Why, when Frank had ten more days of his furlough, did he wish that he only had ten minutes?
10. Why did Frank have to look for a lost napkin when he was working at the Biltmore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflicts that Frank faced during the years and how he dealt with them.
Essay Topic 2
Frank finally was able to enroll in college. Discuss the events that led to Frank's enrollment in college and how he got accepted without a high school diploma.
Essay Topic 3
Frank told about an army corporal named Dunphy who should have been kicked out of the army long ago. Discuss Dunphy and his role in Frank's training.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)