|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Horace's son going to college?
2. On what ship had a sailor named Owen used to work?
3. Where did Frank take laundry with Rappaport?
4. What did the bartender at Costello's tell Frank he had to read before he could come back to the bar?
5. What was the only book that Frank brought with him from Ireland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mr. Pugilio, who was doing the Blue Cross training, say would happen if someone lied on their application?
2. What did Mr. Herbert say to Frank and the class when Frank wrote about Jonathan Swift?
3. What happened when Frank took lemon meringue pie and ginger ale to watch Hamlet at a playhouse?
4. Why was Di Angelo confined to barracks the weekend that Frank lost his three-day pass?
5. Why did Frank have to look for a lost napkin when he was working at the Biltmore?
6. What were Frank's job duties when he returned to working at Port Warehouses?
7. After quitting his Blue Cross training, what did Frank think as he looked at Ellis Island?
8. How did Frank get the grease off his fatigues after he had KP duty?
9. What did the doctor tell Frank caused his bad eyes and what treatment did the doctor recommend?
10. Where did Frank move after he left Mrs. Austin's boarding house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Frank worked temporary jobs and how the jobs worked out for him.
Essay Topic 2
Frank told about an army corporal named Dunphy who should have been kicked out of the army long ago. Discuss Dunphy and his role in Frank's training.
Essay Topic 3
When Frank started his first teaching job, he began to have doubts about his chosen career. Discuss why Frank had doubts about his chosen career and why he didn't quit.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)