|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a homeless woman want Angela to give her a few pennies?
(a) For milk.
(b) For soup.
(c) For an egg.
(d) For bread.
2. When did Alphie and Angela come to America?
(a) January 1960.
(b) April 1960.
(c) December 1959.
(d) March 1959.
3. What day did Frank begin teaching at McKee Vocational School?
4. How old was Frank when his father came for a three-week visit to America?
5. What color were Alberta Small's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Bill Galetly want to weigh?
2. How much did it cost to ride the subway?
3. How did Paddy Arthur die?
4. What was the name of Malachy's second wife?
5. When Frank met Bridey Stokes, how long had she been in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the room that Frank rented from Mrs. Klein different from the one he rented from Mrs. Austin?
2. What were paraprofessionals and why were they taking college classes at New York Technical College?
3. What was the cause of Frank and Mike's first disagreement?
4. How were Frank and Alberta able to buy a home?
5. How did Miss Mudd save Frank?
6. What did Frank, his brothers, and his mother find when they went to harvest the vegetables from their plot of land?
7. What was Frank's brother, Malachy, doing once he moved to in Manhattan?
8. What would Frank have liked to tell professors who singled him out for his Irishness or his faith?
9. How did Frank feel when he went back to Limerick for a visit after he had become a teacher?
10. What memories did Frank have of his father?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)