|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Alberta Small from?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) Rhode Island.
2. To what author did Mike Small compare Frank's essay on "The Bed"?
3. What grade did Frank get in History of Education in America?
4. When Frank met Bridey Stokes, how long had she been in America?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 25 years.
5. In Chapter 47, where was Frank supposed to meet Alberta for dinner?
(a) The Mediterrean.
(b) The Asian Buffet.
(c) The Spaghetti Shack.
(d) The Near East.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Alberta when she wanted to get married?
2. How long did Frank stay at a bar and drink with Bob Bogard one Friday after school?
3. Where did Mike's father punch her?
4. How much money did Frank make a year for his first teaching job?
5. When Frank took the ferry home after his first day teaching at McKee, who patrolled the ferry for shoeshine customers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Miss Mudd save Frank?
2. How did Frank feel when he went back to Limerick for a visit after he had become a teacher?
3. What did Frank, his brothers, and his mother find when they went to harvest the vegetables from their plot of land?
4. How was the room that Frank rented from Mrs. Klein different from the one he rented from Mrs. Austin?
5. What memories did Frank have of his father?
6. Why was Frank fired from the bank?
7. Why didn't Paddy McGovern have any trouble getting girls to dance?
8. What was Frank's brother, Malachy, doing once he moved to in Manhattan?
9. What happened to Mrs. Klein's son?
10. Why wasn't Bridey Stokes sad about her husband's death?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)