|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of food had Frank tried to get into the Sixty-eight Street Playhouse when he went there one time with the food in his hand?
(a) Pig's feet.
(b) A banana.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) Hershey's chocolate bar.
2. How old was Frank's brother Alfie when he banged a spoon on the table and chanted, "Tomentin' dreams, tomentin' dreams"?
3. After Frank was at sea for two days, where were the passengers told that they would be going, rather than New York City?
4. What book did Frank find in the ship's library to read?
(a) Notes from Underground.
(b) The Possessed.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) The Brothers Karamazov.
5. What type of soup did Frank eat on Christmas Day at Chock Full o'Nuts?
(a) Chicken noodle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the priest go for a retreat after he left New York?
2. What color were Uncle Pa's eyes?
3. How many weeks of infantry training did Frank get at Fort Dix?
4. In Chapter 7, how much money was Frank sending home every week for his mother?
5. How old was Frank in 1949?
Short Essay Questions
1. After quitting his Blue Cross training, what did Frank think as he looked at Ellis Island?
2. Why didn't Frank wander the streets of Manhattan after he shaved his head?
3. What did Mr. Herbert say to Frank and the class when Frank wrote about Jonathan Swift?
4. What happened to Uncle Pa's lungs?
5. Why didn't Frank hit a ship's officer who made fun of the town where he was from?
6. What happened when Frank took lemon meringue pie and ginger ale to watch Hamlet at a playhouse?
7. Why, when Frank had ten more days of his furlough, did he wish that he only had ten minutes?
8. What did the doctor tell Frank caused his bad eyes and what treatment did the doctor recommend?
9. How did Frank get to New York City when the ship docked in Albany?
10. How did Frank get his first job in New York City?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)