|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became Frank's roommate when he moved out of Mrs. Austin's place?
(a) Tom Clifford.
(b) Davy Williams.
(c) Andy Martin.
(d) John Whitcomb.
2. What book did Corporal Dunphy lend Frank?
(a) The Young Manhood of Studs Lonigan.
(b) Lonely for the Future.
(c) A World I Never Made.
(d) On Irish themes.
3. Where did Frank meet Emer?
(a) Tuxedo Ballroom.
(b) Heritage Ballroom.
(c) Ballroom on 5th.
(d) The Metropolitan Ballroom.
4. When did Frank take his Introduction to Literature class?
(a) Saturday mornings.
(b) Tuesday mornings.
(c) Monday mornings.
(d) Wednesday mornings.
5. Where did Eddie begin smoking?
(c) Huertgen Forest.
(d) Omaha Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color flowers did a girl have on her dress in a refugee camp that Frank and the other men visited after taking laundry to be done?
2. Where did Frank get a job cleaning for an hour a morning in exchange for $2 and some food?
3. On what ship had a sailor named Owen used to work?
4. To what rank was Frank promoted after he got out of the hospital?
5. What did Frank want to go see at the Sixty-eight Street Playhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Frank able to stay in the hospital after his eyes healed?
2. What happened when Frank took lemon meringue pie and ginger ale to watch Hamlet at a playhouse?
3. How did Frank get to New York City when the ship docked in Albany?
4. Where did Frank move after he left Mrs. Austin's boarding house?
5. Why wasn't Corporal Dunphy kicked out of the army long ago?
6. How did Frank learn to type the company reports quickly?
7. Why did Horace and Frank almost die in a fumigation room?
8. How did the captain learn about the incident at the refugee camp, and what did he do about it?
9. After quitting his Blue Cross training, what did Frank think as he looked at Ellis Island?
10. Why did Frank have to look for a lost napkin when he was working at the Biltmore?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)