|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Frank get his master's degree?
(a) City College.
(b) Brooklyn College.
(c) York College.
2. What kind of sandwich did Frank share with Horace in Chapter 32?
(d) Ham and cheese.
3. How tall was Paddy McGovern?
(a) 6 ft. 3.
(b) 5 ft. 11.
(c) 5 ft. 10.
(d) 6 ft. 1 in.
4. What had been built where Mrs. Austin's house used to stand?
(a) Office building.
(b) Apartment building.
(c) Tennis courts.
(d) New York Foundling Hospital.
5. What color hair did Paddy McGovern have?
(b) Dark brown.
(c) Light brown.
6. Where did Frankie and Danny Lennon take college classes?
(a) City College.
(c) Brooklyn College.
(d) Adelphi University.
7. When did Alphie and Angela come to America?
(a) December 1959.
(b) March 1959.
(c) January 1960.
(d) April 1960.
8. Where would Mike Small's boyfriend go for ROTC training in the summer?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) New Jersey.
9. Where did Mike get a room after she had an argument with her father?
(a) Her grandmother's.
(b) In an NYU dorm.
(c) A women's boarding house.
(d) Mary O'Brien's.
10. Where did Frank move when Mrs. Klein and her son were taken to the Catholic homes?
(a) Mary O'Brien's.
(b) Mrs. Smith's.
(c) Mrs. Austin's.
(d) Mrs. Brown's.
11. How much money did Frank make a year for his first teaching job?
12. How many years did Frank teach at McKee High School?
13. What color scarf did Alberta wear over her coat when she met Frank at Louis' Bar after they had quarreled?
14. What was Malachy's first wife's name?
15. How old was Frank when his father came for a three-week visit to America?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only flower that Frank could identify?
2. How many women were in Frank's paraprofessional class?
3. What color was Alberta Small's hair?
4. Where did Frank teach after he left McKee?
5. What did Bill try to feed Frank after Alberta told him they were finished as a couple?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)