|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After quitting the training for his office job, where did Frank have a beer?
(b) Bean Pot.
(c) B Side.
2. What was the name of the girl with a limp who Frank asked to dance in Limerick?
3. Who became Frank's roommate when he moved out of Mrs. Austin's place?
(a) Andy Martin.
(b) John Whitcomb.
(c) Davy Williams.
(d) Tom Clifford.
4. What made Frank sick the day after laundry duty and his visit to the refugee camp?
5. Where did Frank get a job when he got out of the army?
(a) Baker and Williams Warehouse.
(b) Merchants Refrigerating Company.
(c) Port Warehouses.
(d) Wyatt Construction Company.
6. How many of Frank's siblings had died?
7. In what country did Frank end up being assigned to the canine corps?
8. What was the name of the ship that Frank sailed on to America in 1949?
(a) MS Irish Oak.
(b) MS Irish Larch.
(c) MS Irish Alder.
(d) MS Irish Pine.
9. What job could Frank have had in Limerick?
(a) Railroad worker.
(c) Dock worker.
(d) Telegraph deliveryman.
10. What was Michael McCourt's job when Frank came to Limerick on leave from the army?
(a) Running errands.
(c) Writing letters.
(d) Delivering telegrams.
11. What type of soup did Frank eat on Christmas Day at Chock Full o'Nuts?
(a) Chicken noodle.
12. How many weeks did Frank have to go for training for his new job when he was trying to get Emer back?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
13. What was Emer's brother's name?
14. Where did the priest go for a retreat after he left New York?
(a) North Carolina.
15. After he left the army, how much did Frank make at his first job?
(a) $75 a week.
(b) $80 a week.
(c) $60 a week.
(d) $50 a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Frank meet Emer?
2. What did a Greek at a diner give Frank to take home on Christmas Eve?
3. What did the bartender at Costello's tell Frank he had to read before he could come back to the bar?
4. What color flowers did a girl have on her dress in a refugee camp that Frank and the other men visited after taking laundry to be done?
5. What was the name of Frank's dog when he was in the canine corps?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)