|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Corporal Dunphy lend Frank?
(a) A World I Never Made.
(b) The Young Manhood of Studs Lonigan.
(c) On Irish themes.
(d) Lonely for the Future.
2. What were NYU's school colors?
(a) Purple and white.
(b) Black and gold.
(c) Blue and gray.
(d) Red and blue.
3. Where did the priest go for a retreat after he left New York?
(a) North Carolina.
4. Where did Eddie begin smoking?
(b) Huertgen Forest.
(d) Omaha Beach.
5. What was the name of Frank's dog when he was in the canine corps?
6. After he left the army, how much did Frank make at his first job?
(a) $80 a week.
(b) $50 a week.
(c) $60 a week.
(d) $75 a week.
7. What type of food had Frank tried to get into the Sixty-eight Street Playhouse when he went there one time with the food in his hand?
(a) Hershey's chocolate bar.
(b) A banana.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) Pig's feet.
8. What was the name of the ship that Frank sailed on to America in 1949?
(a) MS Irish Oak.
(b) MS Irish Larch.
(c) MS Irish Pine.
(d) MS Irish Alder.
9. How many weeks of infantry training did Frank get at Fort Dix?
10. What was the only book that Frank brought with him from Ireland?
(a) The Confessions of Augustine.
(b) Madame Bovary.
(c) Oliver Twist.
(d) Complete Works of Shakespeare.
11. Who was Frank's boss at the Biltmore?
(a) Mr. Gilliam.
(b) Mr. Carey.
(c) Mr. Bryant.
(d) Mr. Davidson.
12. How long had the priest been gone, when he returned to New York City?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 8 months.
13. How old was Frank in 1949?
14. What gifts did Frank bring when he got a two-week furlough in Ireland?
(a) Chocolate and flowers.
(b) A new dress.
(d) Cuckoo clock and Dresden china.
15. Where did Frank get a job cleaning for an hour a morning in exchange for $2 and some food?
(a) An automat.
(b) An Irish bar.
(c) A deli on 84th Avenue.
(d) Diner on Third Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Frank's landlady, Mrs. Austin, come from?
2. What made Frank sick the day after laundry duty and his visit to the refugee camp?
3. Where did Frank meet Emer?
4. Where did a doctor tell Frank that his infectious eye problem came from?
5. Where did Frank go to work when he was trying to get Emer back?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)