|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of food had Frank tried to get into the Sixty-eight Street Playhouse when he went there one time with the food in his hand?
(a) Pig's feet.
(b) Fish and chips.
(c) A banana.
(d) Hershey's chocolate bar.
2. Where did Dunphy's wife and children go?
3. What type of dog was Frank given when he was in the canine corps?
(a) Great Pyrenees.
(c) German shepherd.
4. What Corporal turned Frank's sickness into a lecture and made him kneel and pray by the side of the road?
(a) John Calhoun.
(b) Andrew Manning.
(c) David Whitcomb.
(d) Thomas Knight.
5. What were NYU's school colors?
(a) Red and blue.
(b) Blue and gray.
(c) Black and gold.
(d) Purple and white.
6. How many children did Dunphy have?
7. Where did the priest go for a retreat after he left New York?
(d) North Carolina.
8. Where did Frank get a job when he got out of the army?
(a) Merchants Refrigerating Company.
(b) Baker and Williams Warehouse.
(c) Wyatt Construction Company.
(d) Port Warehouses.
9. How much did it cost to ride the Staten Island ferry?
(a) 5 cents.
(b) 10 cents.
(c) 8 cents.
(d) 3 cents.
10. Where did Frank meet Emer?
(a) Heritage Ballroom.
(b) The Metropolitan Ballroom.
(c) Tuxedo Ballroom.
(d) Ballroom on 5th.
11. How long had the priest been gone, when he returned to New York City?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 4 months.
12. Where did Frank get a job cleaning for an hour a morning in exchange for $2 and some food?
(a) An automat.
(b) A deli on 84th Avenue.
(c) Diner on Third Avenue.
(d) An Irish bar.
13. Where did Eddie begin smoking?
(b) Omaha Beach.
(c) Huertgen Forest.
14. What color flowers did a girl have on her dress in a refugee camp that Frank and the other men visited after taking laundry to be done?
15. How old was Hannah, Mrs. Austin's sister, when she married an Irishman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Horace's son going to college?
2. How many of Frank's siblings had died?
3. How much did Frank make a week when he did platform work and ran a forklift?
4. What was the name of the girl with a limp who Frank asked to dance in Limerick?
5. What book did Corporal Dunphy lend Frank?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)