• Frank McCourt had a dream to return to New York, a dream that he believed was only his and not to be shared by his siblings.
• After his siblings told him that they had a right to the dream too, and his mother scolded him, he realized he should be able to share the dream with his brothers.
• In 1949, Frank traveled on the MS Irish Oak, a freighter headed to New York.
• After some schedule changes, the ship docked in Albany rather than New York City.
• Frank was unsure of himself and he was afraid that his bad teeth and eyes would cause people to make fun of him.
• Since he was very shy and unsure of his social skills, he did not socialize much with the passengers and read "Crime and Punishment" on the deck.
• He met a sailor on the ship and discussed Dostoevsky...
This section contains 6,652 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)