|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Alice continue to humiliate Julian?
2. What do the folds of her negligee mimic?
3. Of what does Miss Alice remind him?
4. What does the butler say as he enters the room?
5. Why does the lawyer throw out that maybe she would rather be with her precious Julian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Alice, the lawyer, the Cardinal, and the butler conspire against Julian.
Part 1) How do they conspire against him?
Part 2) Why do they conspire against him?
Part 3) What roles do each of them play in the conspiracy? How do these roles suit Julian?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Alice is making a donation to the church.
Part 1) What is her donation?
Part 2) How does this donation lead to Julian's demise?
Part 3) What is revealed as the true donation or sacrifice? Why is this?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Alice deceives Julian at their first meeting.
Part 1) How does she deceive him? Why does she do this?
Part 2) What is his reaction?
Part 3) What does her behavior foreshadow? How do you know this?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)