|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lawyer demand that the butler do?
2. What does Julian ask Miss Alice?
3. Why do the butler and Julian run to the chapel?
4. What do these two explore?
5. What does Miss Alice think about the lawyer's hair on his back, the fat between his shoulder blades, even his genitalia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The conspirators leave Julian to die.
Part 1) Who kills him? Why is he killed?
Part 2) Why do they leave him to die?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for killing this character? What message does this send to the audience?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Alice deceives Julian at their first meeting.
Part 1) How does she deceive him? Why does she do this?
Part 2) What is his reaction?
Part 3) What does her behavior foreshadow? How do you know this?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Alice and the lawyer are lovers.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) What are their true feelings for each other? How do you know?
Part 3) Who is in control in this relationship? Why?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)