|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lawyer throw out that maybe she would rather be with her precious Julian?
2. What do the folds of her negligee mimic?
3. What does the butler say when at last he softens?
4. What does Julian want to do?
5. What are almost too much for him to avoid any longer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many aspects of this play are not what they seem.
Part 1) Describe two of them.
Part 2) How do you feel about these aspects? Why?
Part 3) How does this lead to one of the play's themes? What is this theme?
Essay Topic 2
The Cardinal has two caged birds.
Part 1) What type of birds? What relationship do the characters have with these birds?
Part 2) Why has the author chosen this species?
Part 3) What might these two birds signify?
Essay Topic 3
The conspirators leave Julian to die.
Part 1) Who kills him? Why is he killed?
Part 2) Why do they leave him to die?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for killing this character? What message does this send to the audience?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)