|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the butler feel about the encounter upon which he has stumbled?
2. In what do the two men then engage?
3. What does the butler say Miss Alice will do?
4. Of what does Miss Alice remind him?
5. What happens as Miss Alice spreads her arms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julian is intrigued by the model of the mansion.
Part 1) Why is the model unique?
Part 2) What do he and the butler discuss, regarding this model?
Part 3) How is this model significant?
Essay Topic 2
The Cardinal and the lawyer have known each other since childhood.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) Describe their relationship. Why do they act this way towards each other?
Part 3) Compare and contrast these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Miss Alice is making a donation to the church.
Part 1) What is her donation?
Part 2) How does this donation lead to Julian's demise?
Part 3) What is revealed as the true donation or sacrifice? Why is this?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)