|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what do the two men then engage?
2. What is Miss Alice's response when Julian pleads with her to explain what had just happened to him?
3. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
4. What does Julian want to do?
5. What does the butler say about Miss Alice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A reference to moving, going, or coming "up" repeats several times.
Part 1) Describe two references to the word "up."
Part 2) What does "up" initially mean to you? Why?
Part 3) What does "up" seem to mean in this story? How do you know this?
Essay Topic 2
Julian is intrigued by the model of the mansion.
Part 1) Why is the model unique?
Part 2) What do he and the butler discuss, regarding this model?
Part 3) How is this model significant?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Alice deceives Julian at their first meeting.
Part 1) How does she deceive him? Why does she do this?
Part 2) What is his reaction?
Part 3) What does her behavior foreshadow? How do you know this?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)