|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lawyer say is the true source of her private donation to the church?
2. What does Julian ask Miss Alice?
3. What does the lawyer demand that the butler do?
4. What is Miss Alice's response when he asks her if there is anything to fear?
5. Into what does Julian launch as he describes in intimate detail the experience of a Christian being fed to a lion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Alice is making a donation to the church.
Part 1) What is her donation?
Part 2) How does this donation lead to Julian's demise?
Part 3) What is revealed as the true donation or sacrifice? Why is this?
Essay Topic 2
Julian is naive.
Part 1) Prove this statement.
Part 2) How does his naivete draw audiences to him?
Part 3) How does this naivete destroy his life? How does this affect the audience?
Essay Topic 3
Julian falls in love with Miss Alice.
Part 1) Describe Miss Alice.
Part 2) Why does he fall in love with her?
Part 3) How does his love for her affect his judgment? How might this reflect humanity?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)