|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men believe surely a hundred-million dollars a year should be enough for one man?
2. What is Julian doing for Miss Alice and the Church?
3. What does the lawyer do to the butler?
4. To what does the poem lead?
5. What is Miss Alice's response when Julian pleads with her to explain what had just happened to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julian hallucinates throughout the play.
Part 1) When are his hallucinations first mentioned? Describe this first hallucination.
Part 2) Why does he hallucinate during the play?
Part 3) Why does he hallucinate at the end of the play? How does this affect the audience?
Essay Topic 2
Julian falls in love with Miss Alice.
Part 1) Describe Miss Alice.
Part 2) Why does he fall in love with her?
Part 3) How does his love for her affect his judgment? How might this reflect humanity?
Essay Topic 3
Most of the play takes place in a mansion.
Part 1) Who lives in this mansion? What is odd about this person?
Part 2) How does the decor reflect the mansion's owner?
Part 3) What is the significance of this mansion?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)