|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lawyer demand when he enters?
2. What does Julian beg of Miss Alice?
3. Why do the butler and Julian run to the chapel?
4. Why do the men believe surely a hundred-million dollars a year should be enough for one man?
5. Of what does Miss Alice remind him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Alice is making a donation to the church.
Part 1) What is her donation?
Part 2) How does this donation lead to Julian's demise?
Part 3) What is revealed as the true donation or sacrifice? Why is this?
Essay Topic 2
The conspirators leave Julian to die.
Part 1) Who kills him? Why is he killed?
Part 2) Why do they leave him to die?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for killing this character? What message does this send to the audience?
Essay Topic 3
The title, Tiny Alice, is significant.
Part 1) Who is Tiny Alice?
Part 2) Why is this title significant? What is her purpose?
Part 3) How does Tiny Alice affect the characters in this story?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)