|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the lawyer do with their plans for Julian?
2. For what do the lawyer and butler say that Julian has been looking?
3. How does the butler feel about the encounter upon which he has stumbled?
4. How does Miss Alice's behavior change when the lawyer relentlessly pursues her and backs her against a wall?
5. What does the lawyer do when the other two men leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many aspects of this play are not what they seem.
Part 1) Describe two of them.
Part 2) How do you feel about these aspects? Why?
Part 3) How does this lead to one of the play's themes? What is this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Julian hallucinates throughout the play.
Part 1) When are his hallucinations first mentioned? Describe this first hallucination.
Part 2) Why does he hallucinate during the play?
Part 3) Why does he hallucinate at the end of the play? How does this affect the audience?
Essay Topic 3
A reference to moving, going, or coming "up" repeats several times.
Part 1) Describe two references to the word "up."
Part 2) What does "up" initially mean to you? Why?
Part 3) What does "up" seem to mean in this story? How do you know this?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)