|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do the lawyer and butler say that Julian has been looking?
2. Why do the men believe surely a hundred-million dollars a year should be enough for one man?
3. What does Miss Alice say she has done?
4. What does Miss Alice tell him?
5. What does the lawyer do when the other two men leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A reference to moving, going, or coming "up" repeats several times.
Part 1) Describe two references to the word "up."
Part 2) What does "up" initially mean to you? Why?
Part 3) What does "up" seem to mean in this story? How do you know this?
Essay Topic 2
Julian is intrigued by the model of the mansion.
Part 1) Why is the model unique?
Part 2) What do he and the butler discuss, regarding this model?
Part 3) How is this model significant?
Essay Topic 3
The conspirators leave Julian to die.
Part 1) Who kills him? Why is he killed?
Part 2) Why do they leave him to die?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for killing this character? What message does this send to the audience?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)