|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the butler and Julian run to the chapel?
2. What is Julian doing for Miss Alice and the Church?
3. What does he clearly wonder?
4. What does the lawyer hiss at her?
5. What does Miss Alice do when Julian is still in his dreamlike state, musing on the greatness of sacrifice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Most of the play takes place in a mansion.
Part 1) Who lives in this mansion? What is odd about this person?
Part 2) How does the decor reflect the mansion's owner?
Part 3) What is the significance of this mansion?
Essay Topic 2
Julian falls in love with Miss Alice.
Part 1) Describe Miss Alice.
Part 2) Why does he fall in love with her?
Part 3) How does his love for her affect his judgment? How might this reflect humanity?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Alice deceives Julian at their first meeting.
Part 1) How does she deceive him? Why does she do this?
Part 2) What is his reaction?
Part 3) What does her behavior foreshadow? How do you know this?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)