|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would she like to do for the church for twenty years?
2. What does Julian think about how men use God?
3. When the lawyer enters the room to join in the dialogue, what is established?
4. What does Miss Alice say about the chairs in the various rooms?
5. What is in massive scale?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the upstairs sitting room of the castle.
2. How does their animosity become clearer?
3. What does Julian not understand about Miss Alice?
4. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
5. How does the ugly dialogue break?
6. What do the lawyer and butler do to Julian? What is Julian's response?
7. What do the two men wonder about Julian's ability to take what they have to say?
8. What does the lawyer do to Miss Alice, when the other two men leave?
9. What is happening to Julian?
10. How does the scene end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many aspects of this play are not what they seem.
Part 1) Describe two of them.
Part 2) How do you feel about these aspects? Why?
Part 3) How does this lead to one of the play's themes? What is this theme?
Essay Topic 2
The butler is nonplussed about most things.
Part 1) Prove this statement.
Part 2) What is his relationship with the other characters.
Part 3) Based on what you know of him, what might be his thoughts on this conspiracy?
Essay Topic 3
Julian is intrigued by the model of the mansion.
Part 1) Why is the model unique?
Part 2) What do he and the butler discuss, regarding this model?
Part 3) How is this model significant?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)