|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first man insinuate about the second man?
2. What would Miss Alice like to do for the church?
3. With what is Julian not comfortable?
4. What is Julian?
5. Because the mansion is so large, what must she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the butler suggest the lawyer visit? Why?
2. What happens when Julian leaves the room?
3. How does Julian feel about Miss Alice's topic of discussion? How does he respond?
4. What idea do the two men explore, regarding the Cardinal?
5. How does this scene end?
6. What does Miss Alice reveal to Julian?
7. What do the two men wonder about Julian's ability to take what they have to say?
8. What does Julian do when the lawyer leaves?
9. What do Julian and the butler say about this creation?
10. What does the lawyer say about Miss Alice and Julian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julian wants to make a sacrifice.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) Why does he want to make a sacrifice?
Part 3) What sacrifice does he make? Is it the sacrifice he had intended? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Julian falls in love with Miss Alice.
Part 1) Describe Miss Alice.
Part 2) Why does he fall in love with her?
Part 3) How does his love for her affect his judgment? How might this reflect humanity?
Essay Topic 3
Many aspects of this play are not what they seem.
Part 1) Describe two of them.
Part 2) How do you feel about these aspects? Why?
Part 3) How does this lead to one of the play's themes? What is this theme?
This section contains 1,682 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)