|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lawyer comment to Miss Alice, "that will be our bird of prey?"
2. What is the most intriguing element?
3. What is feminine, but not frilly, decorated in shades of blue?
4. About what do the lawyer and butler relentlessly question Julian?
5. How are the periods of hallucination announced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting.
2. What does the butler tell Julian about himself? What is Julian's response?
3. What do Julian and the butler say about this creation?
4. What does Julian realize about the model of the mansion?
5. What does Julian not understand about Miss Alice?
6. What is happening to Alice as the scene begins?
7. Why is Julian confused?
8. How does the lawyer respond to Miss Alice's insults?
9. What are the lawyer and Cardinal doing, as the play begins?
10. How does Miss Alice feel about her chairs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julian hallucinates throughout the play.
Part 1) When are his hallucinations first mentioned? Describe this first hallucination.
Part 2) Why does he hallucinate during the play?
Part 3) Why does he hallucinate at the end of the play? How does this affect the audience?
Essay Topic 2
Julian is intrigued by the model of the mansion.
Part 1) Why is the model unique?
Part 2) What do he and the butler discuss, regarding this model?
Part 3) How is this model significant?
Essay Topic 3
The title, Tiny Alice, is significant.
Part 1) Who is Tiny Alice?
Part 2) Why is this title significant? What is her purpose?
Part 3) How does Tiny Alice affect the characters in this story?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)