|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Alice do when Julian tries to explain one more time that there is nothing much to tell, and it is simply a matter of his faith in God leaving him, and he committed himself to an asylum?
2. Why is Julian part of this trio?
3. What is Julian?
4. How do the two continue to insult one another?
5. What does the butler do at the sound of the chime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the lawyer enter the room?
2. What happens after the lawyer backs Miss Alice against the wall?
3. What does Miss Alice do when Julian becomes embarrassed?
4. About what is Julian astonished?
5. What idea do the two men explore, regarding the Cardinal?
6. How does the ugly dialogue break?
7. What do the two men wonder about Julian's ability to take what they have to say?
8. How does the lawyer respond to Miss Alice's insults?
9. What does Julian realize about the model of the mansion?
10. What does Julian do when the lawyer leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Julian is naive. Part 1) Prove this statement. Part 2) How does his naivete draw audiences to him? Part 3) How does this naivete destroy his life? How does this affect the audience?
Essay Topic 2Julian wants to make a sacrifice. Part 1) How do you know this? Part 2) Why does he want to make a sacrifice? Part 3) What sacrifice does he make? Is it the sacrifice he had intended? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3Julian is intrigued by the model of the mansion. Part 1) Why is the model unique? Part 2) What do he and the butler discuss, regarding this model? Part 3) How is this model significant?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)