|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Julian part of this trio?
2. Where does this scene open?
3. What question does Miss Alice ask that shocks Julian?
4. To what are the second man's words compared?
5. How does the second person make his insult more insulting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
2. Who does the butler suggest the lawyer visit? Why?
3. What do Julian and the butler say about this creation?
4. What are the lawyer and Cardinal doing, as the play begins?
5. What does Julian realize about the model of the mansion?
6. What does Julian believe?
7. What does the lawyer say how the Cardinal's caged birds?
8. How does the lawyer respond to Miss Alice's insults?
9. What does the lawyer do to fend off his embarrassment?
10. What do the two men relish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Most of the play takes place in a mansion.
Part 1) Who lives in this mansion? What is odd about this person?
Part 2) How does the decor reflect the mansion's owner?
Part 3) What is the significance of this mansion?
Essay Topic 2
The title, Tiny Alice, is significant.
Part 1) Who is Tiny Alice?
Part 2) Why is this title significant? What is her purpose?
Part 3) How does Tiny Alice affect the characters in this story?
Essay Topic 3
The butler is nonplussed about most things.
Part 1) Prove this statement.
Part 2) What is his relationship with the other characters.
Part 3) Based on what you know of him, what might be his thoughts on this conspiracy?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)