|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian confide about a period during his stay at the asylum?
2. What does Miss Alice say about the chairs in the various rooms?
3. What does the butler do?
4. What is Julian?
5. What kind of conversation does the trio enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julian do when the lawyer leaves?
2. What does the lawyer say how the Cardinal's caged birds?
3. What does Miss Alice do when Julian becomes embarrassed?
4. How does the Cardinal respond to the lawyer's insults?
5. What idea do the two men explore, regarding the Cardinal?
6. What is the most intriguing element of the room?
7. What had Julian assumed about their departure? What does he now realize?
8. What does the lawyer do to Miss Alice, when the other two men leave?
9. How does the ugly dialogue break?
10. Why is Julian confused?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Most of the play takes place in a mansion.
Part 1) Who lives in this mansion? What is odd about this person?
Part 2) How does the decor reflect the mansion's owner?
Part 3) What is the significance of this mansion?
Essay Topic 2
Julian hallucinates throughout the play.
Part 1) When are his hallucinations first mentioned? Describe this first hallucination.
Part 2) Why does he hallucinate during the play?
Part 3) Why does he hallucinate at the end of the play? How does this affect the audience?
Essay Topic 3
Julian is intrigued by the model of the mansion.
Part 1) Why is the model unique?
Part 2) What do he and the butler discuss, regarding this model?
Part 3) How is this model significant?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)