|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said about the appropriateness of the two cardinals?
2. Who enters the courtyard through an iron gate and moves quietly toward the man and watches him with mild amusement?
3. What are of the expected variety in a place of this grandeur?
4. Why is Julian part of this trio?
5. " God the creator, not the God _______________," he says.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Julian confused?
2. How does their animosity become clearer?
3. Describe the setting.
4. Who does the butler suggest the lawyer visit? Why?
5. About what is Julian astonished?
6. How does Julian feel about Miss Alice's topic of discussion? How does he respond?
7. How does the ugly dialogue break?
8. What do the two men wonder about Julian's ability to take what they have to say?
9. How does this scene open? Who are the characters in this scene?
10. What does Miss Alice reveal to Julian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julian wants to make a sacrifice.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) Why does he want to make a sacrifice?
Part 3) What sacrifice does he make? Is it the sacrifice he had intended? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Julian is naive.
Part 1) Prove this statement.
Part 2) How does his naivete draw audiences to him?
Part 3) How does this naivete destroy his life? How does this affect the audience?
Essay Topic 3
Julian is reluctant to talk about his past.
Part 1) Why is he reluctant? What has happened in his past?
Part 2) How does his past reflect his future?
Part 3) Why does he finally reveal his past? What are the consequences?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)