Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the butler do at the sound of the chime?
2. What question does Miss Alice ask that shocks Julian?
3. About what do they continue to rib each other?
4. How does the man react at having been discovered cooing to the caged birds?
5. Who is studying this creation from all angles?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what is Julian astonished?
2. What does Julian not understand about Miss Alice?
3. How does Miss Alice feel about her chairs?
4. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
5. Describe the upstairs sitting room of the castle.
6. How does their animosity become clearer?
7. How does this scene open? Describe the room.
8. Why is the lawyer infuriated with the butler?
9. Where are Miss Alice and Julian? About what do they discuss?
10. What does the butler tell Julian about himself? What is Julian's response?
Essay Topic 1
Julian is reluctant to talk about his past.
Part 1) Why is he reluctant? What has happened in his past?
Part 2) How does his past reflect his future?
Part 3) Why does he finally reveal his past? What are the consequences?
Essay Topic 2
The conspirators choose Julian for a purpose.
Part 1) What is their purpose for him?
Part 2) Why do they choose Julian?
Part 3) How are they able to seduce and trick him? How does this affect him?
Essay Topic 3
Julian is naive.
Part 1) Prove this statement.
Part 2) How does his naivete draw audiences to him?
Part 3) How does this naivete destroy his life? How does this affect the audience?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)