|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Alice play this game?
2. What does Julian think about how men use God?
3. Who was Saint Francis?
4. What does the first man do in an attempt to fend off his feelings about being caught?
5. What do the two discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Alice as the scene begins?
2. Describe the setting.
3. What does the lawyer do when he is satisfied with Julian's response?
4. What is the most intriguing element of the room?
5. What happens when Julian leaves the room?
6. What does Julian believe?
7. What happens after the lawyer backs Miss Alice against the wall?
8. How does Miss Alice begin to ensnare Julian?
9. What does the butler tell the lawyer, after he softens?
10. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julian is intrigued by the model of the mansion.
Part 1) Why is the model unique?
Part 2) What do he and the butler discuss, regarding this model?
Part 3) How is this model significant?
Essay Topic 2
Julian is naive.
Part 1) Prove this statement.
Part 2) How does his naivete draw audiences to him?
Part 3) How does this naivete destroy his life? How does this affect the audience?
Essay Topic 3
Julian wonders if he slept with the Virgin Mary.
Part 1) Why does he believe this?
Part 2) What does this say about Julian's religious beliefs?
Part 3) What does this reveal to the audience about Julian's character?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)