|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julian describe his loss of faith?
2. Julian is intrigued by the butler's coincidence. How does the Butler feel?
3. What, at last, occurs?
4. What is in massive scale?
5. How did Julian struggle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this scene open? Who are the characters in this scene?
2. How does the lawyer respond to Miss Alice's insults?
3. How does Miss Alice feel about her chairs?
4. What does Julian realize about the model of the mansion?
5. How does the lawyer react when he sees the Cardinal? What does the Cardinal explain to the lawyer?
6. What does the butler tell the lawyer, after he softens?
7. Why does the lawyer enter the room?
8. What does Julian not understand about Miss Alice?
9. What do the two men relish?
10. What is happening to Alice as the scene begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julian hallucinates throughout the play.
Part 1) When are his hallucinations first mentioned? Describe this first hallucination.
Part 2) Why does he hallucinate during the play?
Part 3) Why does he hallucinate at the end of the play? How does this affect the audience?
Essay Topic 2
The title, Tiny Alice, is significant.
Part 1) Who is Tiny Alice?
Part 2) Why is this title significant? What is her purpose?
Part 3) How does Tiny Alice affect the characters in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Most of the play takes place in a mansion.
Part 1) Who lives in this mansion? What is odd about this person?
Part 2) How does the decor reflect the mansion's owner?
Part 3) What is the significance of this mansion?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)