|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Alice think about the lawyer's hair on his back, the fat between his shoulder blades, even his genitalia?
(a) They are unusual for a man.
(b) She finds them to be odd.
(c) She finds them revolting.
(d) She loves every part of him.
2. What does Miss Alice ask Julian to do?
(a) Move into the guest house.
(b) Move into the mansion with her.
(c) Go back to the monastery.
3. What does Julian fear?
(a) The chapel.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The model.
(d) Miss Alice.
4. What does the lawyer demand when he enters?
(a) To take a nap.
(b) To have a bunch of flowers cut.
(c) To have dinner made for him.
(d) To know where Miss Alice and Julian are.
5. What does Julian notice about the model of the mansion?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) There is movement.
(c) It is on fire.
(d) It is not accurate.
6. What does Julian ask Miss Alice?
(a) How there could be flames in both the model of the chapel and the real chapel.
(b) If she is alright.
(c) Where the lawyer ran off to.
(d) If she would like to have some wine.
7. What does Julian remember about the Welsh man?
(a) The incredible tufts of black hair on his fingers.
(b) The juice his farm produced.
(c) How handsome he was.
(d) How good he was with horses.
8. What is Miss Alice's response when Julian pleads with her to explain what had just happened to him?
(a) She tells him that the lawyer had business to attend to.
(b) She no longer likes wine.
(c) The model and the real thing are the same.
(d) She wearily responds that she does not know.
9. What does Miss Alice say she has done?
(a) Tried to obey, tried to understand, she has tried!
(b) Sold her soul to the devil.
(c) Nothing wrong.
(d) Given up on the lawyer.
10. What does the butler pretend?
(a) He does not know where Miss Alice and Julian are.
(b) There is no place for him to take a nap.
(c) Dinner has already been served.
(d) He does not hear the lawyer.
11. What is Miss Alice saying when the other men are gone?
(b) A monologue.
(c) She says Julian's name and then is silent.
(d) Nothing. She cries.
12. How does the butler feel about the encounter upon which he has stumbled?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is nervous.
13. What does the butler say when at last he softens?
(a) He will cook him dinner.
(b) He will make up a bed for him.
(c) He will cut fresh flowers for the lawyer.
(d) They will have Julian very soon now.
14. What is the lawyer trying to do to Alice?
(a) Seduce Julian.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Get her to sign a document.
(d) Touch and caress her.
15. How does Miss Alice's behavior change when the lawyer relentlessly pursues her and backs her against a wall?
(a) She is calm and seems a bit amused at his advances.
(b) She panics.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She begins to scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Alice continue to humiliate Julian?
2. Who is the butler playing?
3. Where does Julian kneel?
4. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
5. What does Miss Alice call out, as she drops her head back?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)