|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two men wonder about Julian's mental state?
(a) Is he on medication?
(b) Will he attack one of them?
(c) Will he end up back in the asylum?
(d) Will he fall on the side of his faith or the asylum?
2. What does Miss Alice say she has done?
(a) Sold her soul to the devil.
(b) Tried to obey, tried to understand, she has tried!
(c) Nothing wrong.
(d) Given up on the lawyer.
3. What do these two explore?
(a) Other options besides hurting Julian.
(b) The mansion.
(c) Miss Alice's mail.
(d) Telling the Cardinal more than that Julian will get the money.
4. What are almost too much for him to avoid any longer?
(a) The various dishes of delicious food.
(b) His feelings for Miss Alice.
(c) Miss Alice's good looks.
(d) The gluttony and temptation.
5. What do they wonder if they should tell the Cardinal?
(a) That Julian is out of the conspiracy.
(b) About Miss Alice's relationship with Julian.
(c) That the Cardinal will not get any of the money.
(d) About the model of the mansion.
6. What does Julian want to do?
(a) Marry Miss Alice.
(b) Serve in some way and be forgotten.
(c) Run away.
(d) Become a priest.
7. What does the butler say Miss Alice will do?
(a) Return soon.
(b) Her job.
(c) She will run away with Julian.
(d) Be angry with the lawyer.
8. What do they discuss?
(a) His role as a lay man.
(b) Whether or not he should leave.
(c) His legal rights.
(d) How much fun they had riding horses today.
9. What is the lawyer trying to do to Alice?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Touch and caress her.
(c) Seduce Julian.
(d) Get her to sign a document.
10. Where is Julian?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In Miss Alice's sitting room,
(c) In the parlor.
(d) In the garden.
11. What does he clearly wonder?
(a) Why he is there, what is his real purpose there, and why is he being tempted and tested.
(b) Whether he will ever be a priest.
(c) Why he has not proposed yet.
(d) Where the other men are.
12. What does the lawyer do when the other two men leave?
(a) He tells Miss Alice to follow the other two men.
(b) He violently grabs Miss Alice by the wrist and forces her to the floor.
(c) He kisses Miss Alice.
(d) He leaves.
13. What does Miss Alice do after the lawyer leaves her?
(a) She calls for Julian.
(b) She goes to the chapel to find the men.
(c) She assumes a more comfortable position on the floor, where she goes into a mantra.
(d) She cries.
14. Why does the lawyer throw out that maybe she would rather be with her precious Julian?
(a) Miss Alice obviously despises the lawyer and does not want him near her.
(b) Miss Alice is in love with the lawyer and despises Julian.
(c) He knows Miss Alice does not like Julian.
(d) He loves her and is jealous.
15. What do the two men explore about Julian?
(a) Whether he will stay.
(b) Whether he will be their sacrifice.
(c) Whether he will go along with the plan.
(d) Whether he can take it as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
2. What does Miss Alice call out, as she drops her head back?
3. Why do the men believe surely a hundred-million dollars a year should be enough for one man?
4. What does the lawyer say is the true source of her private donation to the church?
5. What is Miss Alice's response when he asks her if there is anything to fear?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)