|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Miss Alice spreads her arms?
(a) He begins to grow fearful.
(b) He begins to weaken.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He begins to grow stronger.
2. How does Miss Alice's behavior change when the lawyer relentlessly pursues her and backs her against a wall?
(a) She begins to scream.
(b) She is calm and seems a bit amused at his advances.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She panics.
3. What do the two men believe would be a perfect twist?
(a) If the Cardinal were to marrry Julian and Miss Alice.
(b) If the Cardinal has a relationship with Julian.
(c) If the Cardinal were to marry Miss Alice.
(d) If the lawyer were to marry Miss Alice.
4. What is the lawyer trying to do to Alice?
(a) Touch and caress her.
(b) Get her to sign a document.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Seduce Julian.
5. What does the lawyer hiss at her?
(a) To go after her precious Julian.
(b) To watch her step.
(c) He wants her.
(d) To leave him alone.
6. What does the butler pretend?
(a) Dinner has already been served.
(b) He does not hear the lawyer.
(c) He does not know where Miss Alice and Julian are.
(d) There is no place for him to take a nap.
7. In what do the two men relish?
(a) The idea of telling Miss Alice that Julian does not like him.
(b) The idea of telling His Eminence that the precious Julian will soon be taken from him.
(c) The idea of telling Julian about their plans, to see his reaction.
(d) The idea of telling Miss Alice they are no longer interested in her plan.
8. What is Miss Alice's response when Julian pleads with her to explain what had just happened to him?
(a) She no longer likes wine.
(b) She wearily responds that she does not know.
(c) She tells him that the lawyer had business to attend to.
(d) The model and the real thing are the same.
9. What does the lawyer demand that the butler do?
(a) Keep an eye on Miss Alice and Julian at all times.
(b) Make up a bed for him.
(c) Put flowers in a vase for him.
(d) Make him dinner.
10. What do they wonder if they should tell the Cardinal?
(a) About Miss Alice's relationship with Julian.
(b) About the model of the mansion.
(c) That the Cardinal will not get any of the money.
(d) That Julian is out of the conspiracy.
11. What is Miss Alice's response when he asks her if there is anything to fear?
(b) Only here.
12. What does the lawyer say is the true source of her private donation to the church?
(a) The selling of her mansion.
(b) Her father's inheritance.
(c) Her relationship with the Cardinal.
(d) Her sexual relationship with Julian.
13. What about the butler infuriates the lawyer even further?
(a) His disrespect.
(b) His crude humor.
(c) His indifference.
(d) His rude behavior.
14. What does the butler say Miss Alice will do?
(a) Her job.
(b) She will run away with Julian.
(c) Be angry with the lawyer.
(d) Return soon.
15. What does Julian fear?
(a) Miss Alice.
(b) The chapel.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the butler say when at last he softens?
2. What does the butler say about the wine cellar?
3. What does Julian notice about the model of the mansion?
4. To what topic of discomfort does Julian move?
5. What does Miss Alice think about the lawyer's hair on his back, the fat between his shoulder blades, even his genitalia?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)