|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lawyer say is the true source of her private donation to the church?
(a) The selling of her mansion.
(b) Her sexual relationship with Julian.
(c) Her relationship with the Cardinal.
(d) Her father's inheritance.
2. What does the lawyer demand that the butler do?
(a) Make him dinner.
(b) Keep an eye on Miss Alice and Julian at all times.
(c) Put flowers in a vase for him.
(d) Make up a bed for him.
3. What does Julian beg of Miss Alice?
(a) To please stay away from him.
(b) To please not leave him.
(c) To hold him.
(d) To marry him.
4. What does Julian do as she beckons him to come to her?
(a) He continues to plead for sacrifice.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He crawls slowly to her.
(d) He runs away from her.
5. What do they discuss?
(a) Whether or not he should leave.
(b) His role as a lay man.
(c) How much fun they had riding horses today.
(d) His legal rights.
6. What do these two explore?
(a) Telling the Cardinal more than that Julian will get the money.
(b) Miss Alice's mail.
(c) The mansion.
(d) Other options besides hurting Julian.
7. What does the butler say when at last he softens?
(a) They will have Julian very soon now.
(b) He will cook him dinner.
(c) He will make up a bed for him.
(d) He will cut fresh flowers for the lawyer.
8. What do the folds of her negligee mimic?
(a) The unfurling of great wings.
(b) The wind.
(c) The clouds.
(d) A tarp.
9. Where is Julian?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the parlor.
(c) In Miss Alice's sitting room,
(d) In the dining room.
10. What is Miss Alice's response when Julian pleads with her to explain what had just happened to him?
(a) She tells him that the lawyer had business to attend to.
(b) She wearily responds that she does not know.
(c) The model and the real thing are the same.
(d) She no longer likes wine.
11. What is Miss Alice's response when he asks her if there is anything to fear?
(d) Only here.
12. What does the lawyer hiss at her?
(a) To watch her step.
(b) To go after her precious Julian.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) He wants her.
13. What does Julian fear?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The chapel.
(c) The model.
(d) Miss Alice.
14. What does Julian notice about the model of the mansion?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is on fire.
(c) It is not accurate.
(d) There is movement.
15. Where is the scene set?
(a) In Miss Alice's bedroom.
(b) The library of the mansion.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the butler say as he enters the room?
2. What does the lawyer think about the relationship that has developed by the wealthy woman and the lay brother?
3. What does the butler say about Miss Alice?
4. What is Julian doing for Miss Alice and the Church?
5. Into what does Julian launch as he describes in intimate detail the experience of a Christian being fed to a lion?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)