|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lawyer demand when he enters?
(a) To take a nap.
(b) To know where Miss Alice and Julian are.
(c) To have dinner made for him.
(d) To have a bunch of flowers cut.
2. What does Miss Alice call out, as she drops her head back?
(a) "You are mine and God's!"
(b) "What shall I do with you, my sweet?"
(c) "NO! I can't do this to you!"
(d) "He will be yours! He will be yours! ALICE!"
3. What do the two men believe would be a perfect twist?
(a) If the Cardinal were to marrry Julian and Miss Alice.
(b) If the Cardinal has a relationship with Julian.
(c) If the Cardinal were to marry Miss Alice.
(d) If the lawyer were to marry Miss Alice.
4. What do the two men explore about Julian?
(a) Whether he will go along with the plan.
(b) Whether he can take it as well.
(c) Whether he will stay.
(d) Whether he will be their sacrifice.
5. What does Miss Alice recite?
(a) Her wedding vows in the form of a poem.
(b) A scene from Romeo and Juliet.
(c) D.H. Lawrence's Love on the Farm.
(d) A poem she had written.
6. What does the lawyer think about the relationship that has developed by the wealthy woman and the lay brother?
(a) He is personally and professionally outraged.
(b) He is intrigued.
(c) He is embarrassed for Miss Alice.
(d) He does not care.
7. What does the butler pretend?
(a) He does not know where Miss Alice and Julian are.
(b) Dinner has already been served.
(c) There is no place for him to take a nap.
(d) He does not hear the lawyer.
8. To what does the poem lead?
(a) A kiss shared between the couple.
(b) An awkward moment.
(c) Miss Alice begging Julian to marry her.
(d) Their conversation of early erotic musings and mental imagery of sex play.
9. Where is the scene set?
(a) The library of the mansion.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In Miss Alice's bedroom.
(d) In the garden.
10. Why do they all peer into the model?
(a) To see what is not accurate.
(b) To see its beauty.
(c) To see the location of the flames.
(d) To find out what is moving.
11. What is the lawyer trying to do to Alice?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Seduce Julian.
(c) Get her to sign a document.
(d) Touch and caress her.
12. What does Julian fear?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) Miss Alice.
(c) The chapel.
(d) The model.
13. What must the lawyer do with their plans for Julian?
(a) Forget about them.
(b) Inform Miss Alice of them.
(c) Inform the Cardinal of them.
(d) Warn Julian of them.
14. What does Miss Alice tell him?
(a) "Your sacrifice will be to the church, not to me..."
(b) "I love you..."
(c) "You will be hers; you will sacrifice yourself to her..."
(d) "You are the sweetest man I know..."
15. What do these two explore?
(a) Other options besides hurting Julian.
(b) Telling the Cardinal more than that Julian will get the money.
(c) Miss Alice's mail.
(d) The mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the butler and Julian run to the chapel?
2. What is Miss Alice saying when the other men are gone?
3. What are almost too much for him to avoid any longer?
4. What does the lawyer do when the other two men leave?
5. What does Julian do as he moves to her?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)