|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lawyer throw out that maybe she would rather be with her precious Julian?
(a) He knows Miss Alice does not like Julian.
(b) He loves her and is jealous.
(c) Miss Alice is in love with the lawyer and despises Julian.
(d) Miss Alice obviously despises the lawyer and does not want him near her.
2. To what does the poem lead?
(a) Miss Alice begging Julian to marry her.
(b) Their conversation of early erotic musings and mental imagery of sex play.
(c) An awkward moment.
(d) A kiss shared between the couple.
3. What does Julian do as he moves to her?
(a) He screams her name.
(b) He takes a deep breath.
(c) He gives a sort of dying cry.
(d) He begins to sob.
4. Why do the butler and Julian run to the chapel?
(a) Julian forgot a gift for Miss Alice.
(b) It is the chapel that is engulfed in flames.
(c) The movement was in the chapel.
(d) It is the most beautiful location.
5. What is Miss Alice's response when he asks her if there is anything to fear?
(b) Only here.
6. What does the butler pretend?
(a) He does not know where Miss Alice and Julian are.
(b) He does not hear the lawyer.
(c) Dinner has already been served.
(d) There is no place for him to take a nap.
7. What do these two explore?
(a) The mansion.
(b) Telling the Cardinal more than that Julian will get the money.
(c) Miss Alice's mail.
(d) Other options besides hurting Julian.
8. In what does Miss Alice delight?
(a) Julian's nervousness.
(b) Julian's embarrassment.
(c) Julian's love.
(d) Julian's anger.
9. What is Miss Alice's response when Julian pleads with her to explain what had just happened to him?
(a) She tells him that the lawyer had business to attend to.
(b) The model and the real thing are the same.
(c) She no longer likes wine.
(d) She wearily responds that she does not know.
10. What does Miss Alice do when Julian is still in his dreamlike state, musing on the greatness of sacrifice?
(a) Miss Alice moves behind him, her arms around his neck, and then on his chest, urging him to come to her in his sacrifice.
(b) Miss Alice humiliates him even further.
(c) Miss Alice says a prayer for him.
(d) Miss Alice leaves him.
11. What does the butler say about Miss Alice?
(a) She is in love with Julian.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She is missing.
(d) She will rise above her human qualities and do her job.
12. What does the lawyer say is the true source of her private donation to the church?
(a) Her sexual relationship with Julian.
(b) Her relationship with the Cardinal.
(c) Her father's inheritance.
(d) The selling of her mansion.
13. What do the two men explore about Julian?
(a) Whether he can take it as well.
(b) Whether he will go along with the plan.
(c) Whether he will stay.
(d) Whether he will be their sacrifice.
14. What does Julian notice about the model of the mansion?
(a) There is movement.
(b) It is on fire.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is not accurate.
15. What about the butler infuriates the lawyer even further?
(a) His rude behavior.
(b) His crude humor.
(c) His indifference.
(d) His disrespect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men believe surely a hundred-million dollars a year should be enough for one man?
2. How does the scene end?
3. What does Miss Alice do after the lawyer leaves her?
4. What does the butler say Miss Alice will do?
5. In what do the two men relish?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)