|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they discuss?
(a) Whether or not he should leave.
(b) His role as a lay man.
(c) His legal rights.
(d) How much fun they had riding horses today.
2. What does Miss Alice do when Julian is still in his dreamlike state, musing on the greatness of sacrifice?
(a) Miss Alice moves behind him, her arms around his neck, and then on his chest, urging him to come to her in his sacrifice.
(b) Miss Alice humiliates him even further.
(c) Miss Alice leaves him.
(d) Miss Alice says a prayer for him.
3. What does Julian notice about the model of the mansion?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is not accurate.
(c) It is on fire.
(d) There is movement.
4. What does the lawyer say is the true source of her private donation to the church?
(a) Her sexual relationship with Julian.
(b) The selling of her mansion.
(c) Her relationship with the Cardinal.
(d) Her father's inheritance.
5. What does the lawyer think about the relationship that has developed by the wealthy woman and the lay brother?
(a) He is embarrassed for Miss Alice.
(b) He is personally and professionally outraged.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is intrigued.
6. What do these two explore?
(a) Other options besides hurting Julian.
(b) The mansion.
(c) Miss Alice's mail.
(d) Telling the Cardinal more than that Julian will get the money.
7. What does the butler say Miss Alice will do?
(a) Return soon.
(b) Her job.
(c) She will run away with Julian.
(d) Be angry with the lawyer.
8. What does the lawyer do when the other two men leave?
(a) He kisses Miss Alice.
(b) He tells Miss Alice to follow the other two men.
(c) He violently grabs Miss Alice by the wrist and forces her to the floor.
(d) He leaves.
9. What is Julian doing for Miss Alice and the Church?
(a) Embarrassing them.
(b) Abandoning them.
(c) Humiliating them.
(d) Serving them.
10. Why do they all peer into the model?
(a) To see what is not accurate.
(b) To see the location of the flames.
(c) To see its beauty.
(d) To find out what is moving.
11. What does Julian ask Miss Alice?
(a) If she would like to have some wine.
(b) Where the lawyer ran off to.
(c) If she is alright.
(d) How there could be flames in both the model of the chapel and the real chapel.
12. How does the butler feel about the encounter upon which he has stumbled?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is amused.
13. Where does Julian kneel?
(a) Within the folds of her wing-like gown.
(b) Behind her.
(c) Away from her.
(d) In a corner.
14. In what do the two men then engage?
(a) A debate.
(b) A role-playing exercise.
(c) A game of chess.
(d) A fight.
15. Why do the butler and Julian run to the chapel?
(a) Julian forgot a gift for Miss Alice.
(b) The movement was in the chapel.
(c) It is the most beautiful location.
(d) It is the chapel that is engulfed in flames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian remember about the Welsh man?
2. What does the butler suggest that it is probably time for the lawyer to do?
3. What does Miss Alice think about the lawyer's hair on his back, the fat between his shoulder blades, even his genitalia?
4. Where is the scene set?
5. What do the two men explore about Julian?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)