|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lawyer throw out that maybe she would rather be with her precious Julian?
(a) He knows Miss Alice does not like Julian.
(b) Miss Alice obviously despises the lawyer and does not want him near her.
(c) Miss Alice is in love with the lawyer and despises Julian.
(d) He loves her and is jealous.
2. What about the butler infuriates the lawyer even further?
(a) His crude humor.
(b) His indifference.
(c) His rude behavior.
(d) His disrespect.
3. What does the lawyer do when the other two men leave?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He kisses Miss Alice.
(c) He violently grabs Miss Alice by the wrist and forces her to the floor.
(d) He tells Miss Alice to follow the other two men.
4. What does the butler say as he enters the room?
(a) Julian will no longer be seeing them this evening.
(b) Julian has run away.
(c) Julian has left the wine cellar and would be joining them presently.
(d) Julian does not want to see them.
5. What does the butler say Miss Alice will do?
(a) She will run away with Julian.
(b) Be angry with the lawyer.
(c) Return soon.
(d) Her job.
6. What are almost too much for him to avoid any longer?
(a) His feelings for Miss Alice.
(b) Miss Alice's good looks.
(c) The various dishes of delicious food.
(d) The gluttony and temptation.
7. Why do the butler and Julian run to the chapel?
(a) It is the most beautiful location.
(b) It is the chapel that is engulfed in flames.
(c) Julian forgot a gift for Miss Alice.
(d) The movement was in the chapel.
8. What does Miss Alice ask Julian to do?
(a) Move into the mansion with her.
(c) Move into the guest house.
(d) Go back to the monastery.
9. To whom is he talking?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) Miss Alice.
(d) The Cardinal.
10. What does Julian do as he moves to her?
(a) He screams her name.
(b) He gives a sort of dying cry.
(c) He begins to sob.
(d) He takes a deep breath.
11. What does the butler suggest that it is probably time for the lawyer to do?
(a) Visit the Cardinal again.
(c) Find Miss Alice.
(d) Seduce Julian.
12. To what does the poem lead?
(a) Miss Alice begging Julian to marry her.
(b) An awkward moment.
(c) Their conversation of early erotic musings and mental imagery of sex play.
(d) A kiss shared between the couple.
13. How does Miss Alice continue to humiliate Julian?
(a) With a discussion of riding crops and whipping and asks if he has ever whipped anyone.
(b) With a discussion about his role as her lay man.
(c) By making insulting comments about his looks.
(d) By telling him he is worthless.
14. Why do the men believe surely a hundred-million dollars a year should be enough for one man?
(a) He is not even that attractive.
(b) He has no authority.
(c) He is not even a priest.
(d) He is not very intelligent.
15. What does Julian want to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Become a priest.
(c) Marry Miss Alice.
(d) Serve in some way and be forgotten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do these two explore?
2. Into what does Julian launch as he describes in intimate detail the experience of a Christian being fed to a lion?
3. How does this scene open?
4. What does the lawyer hiss at her?
5. What does Julian remember about the Welsh man?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)