|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Alice continue to humiliate Julian?
(a) By telling him he is worthless.
(b) By making insulting comments about his looks.
(c) With a discussion of riding crops and whipping and asks if he has ever whipped anyone.
(d) With a discussion about his role as her lay man.
2. What does the butler say when at last he softens?
(a) He will cut fresh flowers for the lawyer.
(b) They will have Julian very soon now.
(c) He will make up a bed for him.
(d) He will cook him dinner.
3. What does the lawyer hiss at her?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) He wants her.
(c) To watch her step.
(d) To go after her precious Julian.
4. What are they discussing as Julian enters the library?
(a) Moving him into quarters over the chapel.
(b) Having him do more work in the wine cellar.
(c) Moving him in with Miss Alice.
(d) Making him the Parish Priest.
5. What does Julian remember about the Welsh man?
(a) The incredible tufts of black hair on his fingers.
(b) How handsome he was.
(c) The juice his farm produced.
(d) How good he was with horses.
6. Where does Julian kneel?
(a) Away from her.
(b) Within the folds of her wing-like gown.
(c) Behind her.
(d) In a corner.
7. What does Miss Alice recite?
(a) D.H. Lawrence's Love on the Farm.
(b) Her wedding vows in the form of a poem.
(c) A scene from Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A poem she had written.
8. What does Julian notice about the model of the mansion?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is not accurate.
(c) It is on fire.
(d) There is movement.
9. What do the two men believe would be a perfect twist?
(a) If the lawyer were to marry Miss Alice.
(b) If the Cardinal were to marrry Julian and Miss Alice.
(c) If the Cardinal has a relationship with Julian.
(d) If the Cardinal were to marry Miss Alice.
10. Why does the lawyer throw out that maybe she would rather be with her precious Julian?
(a) Miss Alice is in love with the lawyer and despises Julian.
(b) Miss Alice obviously despises the lawyer and does not want him near her.
(c) He loves her and is jealous.
(d) He knows Miss Alice does not like Julian.
11. What do the two men wonder about Julian's mental state?
(a) Will he attack one of them?
(b) Will he fall on the side of his faith or the asylum?
(c) Will he end up back in the asylum?
(d) Is he on medication?
12. What does the butler suggest that it is probably time for the lawyer to do?
(a) Find Miss Alice.
(c) Seduce Julian.
(d) Visit the Cardinal again.
13. What does Julian fear?
(a) Miss Alice.
(b) The model.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The chapel.
14. What does Miss Alice call out, as she drops her head back?
(a) "He will be yours! He will be yours! ALICE!"
(b) "What shall I do with you, my sweet?"
(c) "NO! I can't do this to you!"
(d) "You are mine and God's!"
15. What does Julian beg of Miss Alice?
(a) To hold him.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To please stay away from him.
(d) To please not leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lawyer do to the butler?
2. What must the lawyer do with their plans for Julian?
3. What are almost too much for him to avoid any longer?
4. How does the butler feel about the encounter upon which he has stumbled?
5. What does the lawyer demand that the butler do?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)