Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Alice's response when he asks her if there is anything to fear?
(a) Only here.
2. What does the lawyer think about the relationship that has developed by the wealthy woman and the lay brother?
(a) He is intrigued.
(b) He is embarrassed for Miss Alice.
(c) He is personally and professionally outraged.
(d) He does not care.
3. What do the two men explore about Julian?
(a) Whether he can take it as well.
(b) Whether he will stay.
(c) Whether he will be their sacrifice.
(d) Whether he will go along with the plan.
4. What do the folds of her negligee mimic?
(a) A tarp.
(b) The unfurling of great wings.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The wind.
5. What does the lawyer say is the true source of her private donation to the church?
(a) Her father's inheritance.
(b) Her sexual relationship with Julian.
(c) The selling of her mansion.
(d) Her relationship with the Cardinal.
6. How does Miss Alice's behavior change when the lawyer relentlessly pursues her and backs her against a wall?
(a) She is calm and seems a bit amused at his advances.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She panics.
(d) She begins to scream.
7. Into what does Julian launch as he describes in intimate detail the experience of a Christian being fed to a lion?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A dream.
(c) A seizure.
(d) One of his religious, hallucinatory states.
8. What does Julian fear?
(a) The model.
(b) Miss Alice.
(c) The chapel.
(d) The lawyer.
9. What does Miss Alice recite?
(a) A scene from Romeo and Juliet.
(b) A poem she had written.
(c) Her wedding vows in the form of a poem.
(d) D.H. Lawrence's Love on the Farm.
10. What must the lawyer do with their plans for Julian?
(a) Inform Miss Alice of them.
(b) Inform the Cardinal of them.
(c) Warn Julian of them.
(d) Forget about them.
11. What does the lawyer hiss at her?
(a) He wants her.
(b) To go after her precious Julian.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To watch her step.
12. What does Miss Alice tell him?
(a) "Your sacrifice will be to the church, not to me..."
(b) "I love you..."
(c) "You are the sweetest man I know..."
(d) "You will be hers; you will sacrifice yourself to her..."
13. What is Miss Alice saying when the other men are gone?
(a) Nothing. She cries.
(c) She says Julian's name and then is silent.
(d) A monologue.
14. Who is the butler playing?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The underdog.
(c) The black pieces.
(d) The devil's advocate.
15. What does Julian ask Miss Alice?
(a) If she would like to have some wine.
(b) If she is alright.
(c) Where the lawyer ran off to.
(d) How there could be flames in both the model of the chapel and the real chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Alice continue to humiliate Julian?
2. Why do the men believe surely a hundred-million dollars a year should be enough for one man?
3. Of what does Miss Alice remind him?
4. What does he clearly wonder?
5. What does the lawyer do to the butler?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)